Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
More to the point is there anyone under 70 who does understand pounds, perches, roods and poles?

Pound is what my head does when I read the constant whining of remoaners.
Perch is a fish.
Roods are what scotch people drive on.
Poles came over here and took all our jobs.

I really don't care what was written on the side of a bus. It's not what made me decide I wanted to leave the EU, that had been something I'd wanted some 25 years before we had the referendum and no amount of pro-EU campaigning would have changed my mind. Strap lines meant nothing to me.

I really don't care what was written on the side of a bus. It's not what made me decide I wanted to leave the EU, that had been something I'd wanted some 25 years before we had the referendum and no amount of pro-EU campaigning would have changed my mind. Strap lines meant nothing to me.
Fair enough and good on you for sticking to your guns since the 90's.

How do you feel about Boris's other terminological inexactitudes, weaselwords & lies?

That’s JRM’s notion of Valhalla, the detached from reality effete weirdo that he is.

I’m not a psychologist, but I have a notion that Boris is becoming unhinged with a belief that JRM’s nanny still pampers his genitalia after he finishes his ablutions, and that consequently he (Boris) is failing in his quest to exceed Churchill’s achievements.*

* I may be in need of substantive therapy myself.

That’s JRM’s notion of Valhalla, the detached from reality effete weirdo that he is.

I’m not a psychologist, but I have a notion that Boris is becoming unhinged with a belief that JRM’s nanny still pampers his genitalia after he finishes his ablutions, and that consequently he (Boris) is failing in his quest to exceed Churchill’s achievements.*

He couldn't run a bath.
Either of them!

endure

GCM
I see that the Ministerial Code of Conduct has very recently been revised by the Prime Minister. That's the Ministerial Code of Conduct that, before it was revised, would have required the Prime Minister to resign if he broke it but now requires him to apologise or forego a few days wages :lol:

I used to see the fat lump jogging around London, that wasn't an act at least

Still he gave us Brexit, got us through Covid, and is showing leadership over Ukraine

He's imperfect as a person, but some of our best leaders have been

I just think of the alternatives and shudder

Fair enough and good on you for sticking to your guns since the 90's.

How do you feel about Boris's other terminological inexactitudes, weaselwords & lies?

In that regard he's no different to most politicians. Show me ANY politician that hasn't been accused of misrepresenting the truth. 'They're all in it for themselves' apparently.

I don't consider him to be a natural orator, he tends to bluster his way through his answers to questions, particularly during PMQs when he's most visible. He's very effusive and tends to ejaculate (stop sniggering at the back) his comments. I think he's too enthusiastic to get his comments out and doesn't give his tongue time to catch up with his brain. He needs to dwell a pause of two marching paces and he would then probably come across as a little more considered. Cameron was far better at that but he gave opposition leaders far too easy a time of it when it was clear he could easily verbally tear them to shreds. Boris just doesn't appear to have that ability.

I do think he generally means well and probably wants to please all the people all the time which seldom, if ever, works.

He never seems as if he can wear a suit. You could dress him in a £10,000 bespoke Savile Row suit and he'd still look like he'd been dragged through a hedge backwards. As for his hair - it seems to have a mind of its own. I think its a tribble. Him also carrying a few extra pounds doesn't help and when you consider how judgemental people are on looks and appearance he's always going to have his critics on that alone.

I think there are MPs who could do a better job as PM but Boris was elected leader to resolve one particular issue. He was just unfortunate that the shitstorm of Covid came along when it did and nobody had any real idea of how to deal with the worst pandemic in living memory.

As for the Russian invasion of Ukraine - he's doing a good job there so far. If Comrade Cob was PM we'd be arming the Russians.

Doesn't make him a bad person. I'd have some of that.

Utterly deliberate & grubby.

Far from it - It was a marketing masterclass.

It highlighted all the people who were salespersons dream customers ( and not the highly intelligent persons that the claimed / thought they were )

Just like they believed all the spiels about the mighty and great EU.

There are many words to describe such people........ I'll just leave you with gullible.

PS

The Boris Grrrrrrring is still shrinking - Only 5 pages of catch up required.

Dare say half a million or more European nationals left soon after.

In addition to the close on 6 million that applied for settled status / citizenship - When only 3 million were estimated to be in the UK

That is 3 x Birminghams that were kicking about the UK unaccounted for.

One of the major reasons why various services ( inc the NHS ) are always in crisis mode.

Whilst they may not be traits that I particularly admire - It is something that infects all Politicians.

I think Johnsons pale into insignificance compared to

* Dodgy dossiers that result in the death of many 100s of 1000s.

* The death of doctor David Kelly

* The signing up to the human rights act ( where his wife made a killing ) - That he subsequently wanted to overhaul / repeal in 2006.

* And best not mention his property portfolio that he managed to expand dramatically whilst he was PM.

* The damage he caused by the massive of use of PFI's ( To be able to claim that he was reducing public spending )

I'll stop there - I think I have made my point.

Notice the date: That is PROJECTED spend for 2023/24. Compared to 2018/19 !

Its 5 years after Brexit happened, it's not even adjusted for inflation over 5 years, and COVID has taken place with all the backlog that needs to be covered !!!

Jeeze - how about you look at the numbers for the year IMMEDIATELY after Brexit?.
I spent 3 years working in MOD finance (CinCNavHome Top Level Budget) working on the LTCs (Long Term Costings). Back then, budgets were planned 10 years in advance. The first 3 years we’re modelled in detail, with the next 7 years being more hazy.

After I left, I did hear that they’d switched to a 5 year forecast.

On that basis, I’d say it is perfectly reasonable to have a 3-5 year period where previous commitments worked their way out of the budget system and new commitments worked their way in.

What you see as failure, I see as controlled drawdown and reallocation.

Daz

LE
You should ask 'shit the bed and run away' Cameron.
Referendums? How many are actually binding? (genuinely - I don't think they are, more like manifesto 'promises'?)
No, I'm asking you directly....... the correct answer BTW is a campaign group cannot pass legislation, it can however campaign for or against a position, and it can offer ideas and proposals, but it remains the preserve of the elected Government to bring forth and pass legislation if that is the wish of Parliament.

No referendum is constitutionally binding on either the current or future Government & Parliament as it would violate the principle of parliamentary sovereignty. However, the custom is to abide by the results of the referendum in question, hence the requirement of an Act of Parliament setting out the terms of the referendum before one can take place.