Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

And is a similar vein:
hundreds of thousands, nay, possibly millions, broke the Covid laws that week.... no FPNs issued. Why not?

How many police are likely to be on duty in the average town?

Thank the Tories.

Cuts have consquences, just not in Downing Street eh?

And is a similar vein:
hundreds of thousands, nay, possibly millions, broke the Covid laws that week.... no FPNs issued. Why not?
Again the shoplifter's defence. There are people who are willing to take the risk and break the law. We know that. In what conceivable way does this justify, lessen, mitigate or excuse the similar actions of others, particularly the actual law makers themselves?

Again the shoplifter's defence. There are people who are willing to take the risk and break the law. We know that. In what conceivable way does this justify, lessen, mitigate or excuse the similar actions of others, particularly the actual law makers themselves?

Nope. It wasn't a proffer of defence, rather a sarcastic slight aimed squarely at the ever increasingly absent and out of touch enforcers of the Law.

Here's a special question for the Boris slurpers:

Stabby fingers on mong buttons......

If my local school, had a piss up every Friday throughout lockdown - all staff invited - cos they were under a lot of pressure. Would that have been OK ? should the daily heil be supporting the headmaster ?

If my local school, had a piss up every Friday throughout lockdown - all staff invited - cos they were under a lot of pressure. Would that have been OK ? should the daily heil be supporting the headmaster ?

They wouldn't be alone. There were gathering galore on both sides of me in my manor during lockdown.
Which leads to an interesting comment from one "we all did it".
Honest I suppose, which probably explains why they're not bothered by partygate or currygate.

syrup

LE

If the school was closed and they intentionally travelled and gathered then yes they should get done.

Let me put it this way
My firm were classed as essential workers (drinks, logistics and transport)
We worked all the way through.

We normally get a takeaway on a Saturday night but they were closed
So between us we all brought something in and had a bit of a sit down and a drink (non alcoholic) and a snack.
Sometimes the radio was playing music as well

Did we have a party?
Did we break the law?

Number 10 is essentially a workplace
Is what they did any different to what my shift did?

Should all those NHS staff who had so much time on their hands to make Tik Tok dancing videos when the service was at bursting point be sacked

The good thing about the campaign against the democratically elected PM is that the people behind it are of the standard that supported and ran the "Remain" campaign. By that metric he is as safe as houses.

On a Saturday night in Wakefield - 8 nightclubs, the Las Vegas of Yorkshire: There are 17 police out in town.

Fortunately Wakey was closed down during covid.

17 on shift, not deployed ;)

Chuck in casefiles, couple of missing persons; you'll do well to put out 2 or three double crewed cars and a van.

Anyway,

Johnson must have shit in his pants about tomorrow

Gray report due out this week.

Operation SAVE BIG DOG will be giving it everything it's got. Can the usual 'Boris Rah !!' fans suggest what Team Boris will pull out of a hat as a distraction? Its time to play the 'get out of jail free' card.

It's got to be more than the usual dressing-up-box 'Boris wears a hi viz vest'
And he's visited Zelensky already
Patel has done 'Rwanda'
Truss has picked a spat with the EU over Northern Ireland.
Doris has wee'd on the BBC
Could it be Rishi's turn to provide top cover for Boz?
I really hope he doesn't drag the military into this & send a Carrier to the black sea / Baltic (or something like that)

If BJ visits Turkey AND persuades them to drop the veto on Sweden & Finland, then I shall be mightily impressed.

Gray report due out this week.

Operation SAVE BIG DOG will be giving it everything it's got. Can the usual 'Boris Rah !!' fans suggest what Team Boris will pull out of a hat as a distraction? Its time to play the 'get out of jail free' card.

It's got to be more than the usual dressing-up-box 'Boris wears a hi viz vest'
And he's visited Zelensky already
Patel has done 'Rwanda'
Truss has picked a spat with the EU over Northern Ireland.
Doris has wee'd on the BBC
Could it be Rishi's turn to provide top cover for Boz?
I really hope he doesn't drag the military into this & send a Carrier to the black sea / Baltic (or something like that)

If BJ visits Turkey AND persuades them to drop the veto on Sweden & Finland, then I shall be mightily impressed.

Yay - looks like I guessed right,

Rishi is lined up to provide distraction ref: operation SAVE FAT DOG.

As soon as Thursday, Sunak will be announcing measures to cap fuel bill rises. YAY - the UK public care more about heating bills than a clowns party.

There is still hope for The Conservative Party, if enough people within stand up and show some integrity. Good effort from this. Bloke.

If the school was closed and they intentionally travelled and gathered then yes they should get done.

Let me put it this way
My firm were classed as essential workers (drinks, logistics and transport)
We worked all the way through.

We normally get a takeaway on a Saturday night but they were closed
So between us we all brought something in and had a bit of a sit down and a drink (non alcoholic) and a snack.
Sometimes the radio was playing music as well

Did we have a party?
Did we break the law?

Number 10 is essentially a workplace
Is what they did any different to what my shift did?

Should all those NHS staff who had so much time on their hands to make Tik Tok dancing videos when the service was at bursting point be sacked

The school was physically open for the kids of 'the essentials' - NHS staff etc. In fact the school never closed, it was open all through Easter & Summer holidays. Around half of the staff were on site. The staff were at their workplace.

So answer my original question: would it have been OK for them to have had a party every Friday after 4:30 during lockdown.

Latest Threads