Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
What about the ones who have been told they will be made redundant in the event of no deal? Do they not have real concerns? Or the ones who have not lived in a country long enough to get citizenship, so face an uncertain future? What about the ones who have been forced to give up their British citizenship?
They can look for another job, like all those who had to do so when the EU facilitated their jobs being exported to Turkey.
Citizenship rights have been agreed- funny how you missed that...
Nobody has been "forced" to give up their citizenship.

YFM

People who have built their lives in the Netherlands and don’t wish to have to start afresh in the UK have to give up their UK citizenship. People in Belgium have been told they will be made redundant in the event of no-deal. Not weird conspiracy theories - real life. HTH.
This thread's about Boris Johnson, not your wubbling on about expats being upset.

Do you have any input regarding BJ's strategy?

Why must it be no deal? Why can we not just respect it was a closely run thing, so compromise by leaving with a deal that doesn’t threaten livelihoods or people’s QoL?
Because the only so-called "deal" on offer is in fact a shit sandwich, with a side order of shit fries & it came about by trying to compromise.
The time for biting on that particular morsel is over.

Because the only so-called "deal" on offer is in fact a shit sandwich, with a side order of shit fries & it came about by trying to compromise.
The time for biting on that particular morsel is over.
You are William Shakespeare and I claim my five quid... \oh, hang on.

So you don’t believe any of the organisations that say no deal will put patients at risk?
This thread is about the Prime Minister, not the half wit life of a radioactive substance.

Don't you have any insight regarding his next moves?

Or even a wild-arrsed guess?

You have a family?
Well, he purports to have a bird (Half life, four years, and counting) with whom he's buying a safehouse somewhere or other. I expect she'll have a squint at his second hand lappy one day, think, what an obnoxious shite, and bugger orf. Ipso facto, bird gone, magnificent pile gone, Blobby back to square one. Failed. Again.
Larf! I might spill me beer. Which won't be some pretentious brew which is the best I've ever tasted. The plank.

Truxx

LE
Well, he purports to have a bird (Half life, four years, and counting) with whom he's buying a safehouse somewhere or other. I expect she'll have a squint at his second hand lappy one day, think, what an obnoxious shite, and bugger orf. Ipso facto, bird gone, magnificent pile gone, Blobby back to square one. Failed. Again.
Larf! I might spill me beer. Which won't be some pretentious brew p9which is the best I've ever tasted. The plank.
Easy tiger!

I just wondered, bearing in mind he was handing out parenting tips (he was talking about helicopter parenting " you don't have to have children to see that it is a bad thing" or somesuch) the other day.

So please don't put him off as he is a busy lad who will today, I am sure, be coming up with some decent argumentation, in proper academic stylee, to support the hypothesis that there will be a chunk of folks from the lower orders that will be significantly disadvantaged by brexit.

Alternatively he could spend the day contributing further evidence to back up my own hypothesis that he is full of piss and wind.

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
So, you're still unable to come up with an explanation of how something with a half-life of six hours could have a shelf life of sixty-six hours, by which time an aliquot that was originally 100ml would need to be 205 litres in order to deliver the same effect. That's almost the same volume as you!
He's still googling aliquot!

It’s grade two listed and you cannot do anything inside without getting permission first. Too much hassle as it means cannot even put up double glazing (actually some of our neighbour have those silly indoor wooden shutters), or silly things like change the types of lights etc.
I'm surprised someone with a PhD would not research restrictions on alterations for Grade 2 properties before spouting such utter bollocks on a public forum.

But then if it doesn't do its research like a PhD, doesn't present arguments like a PhD, resorts to un-PhD ad homs when proved wrong, doesn't sound like a PhD and continually harps on about how he's got a PhD..... he probably isn't a PhD.

And you're not a PhD, you're a nasty little fibber.

For non-PhD type people (and other uneducated souls), here is a simple guide to Grade 2 restrictions.

civvy

Old-Salt
Ex PMTM was in my opinion the worst PM in history. She was principled, but her principles were fatally flawed due to the fact that she thought anyone in the EU would really take her seriously. She played the worst hand very badly right from the off.

It should have gone like this.

1. Referendum result is announced.
2. Polite diplomatic letter sent to the EU confirming we are leaving.
3. Do nothing else but plan for leaving asap.
4. Wait for 'sorry your leaving' card and ignore it.
5. Do nothing else but plan for leaving asap.
6. The phone rings, it's someone from the EU wants to talk about stuff they want.
7. Tell them, "sorry cant talk right now, planning to leave asap".
8. Do nothing else but plan for leaving asap and wait for the phone to ring again from someone panicking.
9. Reluctantly agree to a meeting but cant promise anything, because just finalising plans to leave asap.
10. Turn up at meeting with total NFI whatsoever because we are leaving attitude.
11. Raise eyebrows in total surprise when they present a list of things they want.
12. Feign to show an interest, but then say nah, we are leaving asap.
13. Wait for them to cough several times and say "please"
14. Look at watch, stand up pick up brief case and tell them you will have a think about it while doing your duty free shopping in Calais.
15. Get back and make a list of the stuff you want, and do nothing else but plan to leave asap, and wait for the phone to ring again.
16. Tell them each of the things they can have, in exchange for each if the things you want. If they say no, then tell them "we have nothing else to discuss" and hang up.
17. Wait for phone to ring again and repeat 16 above.

This is called "Calling The Shots" being in charge, showing strong stable leadership, taking no shit, and sticking to your words, "No Deal is better than a bad deal" "Brexit means Brexit"

Ex PMTM did none of that, she took what the EU offered and bottled it.

And that is called negotiating. No idea what TM was doing.

civvy

Old-Salt
You missed a bit off the list of 'what ifs': What is Bojo goes to the EU and asks for an extension - but with conditions attached that the EU can't or wouldn't accept. i.e. we will take an extension just to see the last bits tidied up but we will stop paying any more money into your treasury forthwith.

I like that. It sounds like a plan.

Latest Threads