Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Club Swinger

War Hero
Despite some of the back of cigarette packet working out on here that various have claimed, apparently it is and there have been problems in the past when there have been delays at the tunnel.

"Technetium-99m is a short-lived form of Tc-99 that is used as a medical diagnostic tool. It has a short half-life (6 hours) and does not remain in the body or the environment for long.".

edit for correct link.
tenor.gif

Fires are out, appreciate your concern, although I'm somewhat surprised at your interest given you don't own a property......despite being such a winner in life's lottery.
Jolly good. Strange dig though - currently looking to buy - we had a viewing just this weekend in fact - will probably make sure I research the area first though.... Don’t want to make any silly decisions which would place my family at risk.

Last edited:
Fires are out, appreciate your concern, although I'm somewhat surprised at your interest given you don't own a property......despite being such a winner in life's lottery.
He's living the dream bro. Even posted his Saturday night luxurious chow. Looked like something Nicaraguan prisoners would riot if they were served but hey, it's probably quite five star in whatever hovel he's currently holed up in.

He's living the dream bro. Even posted his Saturday night luxurious chow. Looked like something Nicaraguan prisoners would riot if they were served but hey, it's probably quite five star in whatever hovel he's currently holed up in.
Current digs are ok - won’t buy here though. It’s grade two listed and you cannot do anything inside without getting permission first. Too much hassle as it means cannot even put up double glazing (actually some of our neighbour have those silly indoor wooden shutters), or silly things like change the types of lights etc.

How’s your grade two listed hovel? I suspect you cannot move for neighbours cooling off in wheels bins and that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Current digs are ok - won’t buy here though. It’s grade two listed and you cannot do anything inside without getting permission first. Too much hassle as it means cannot even put up double glazing, or silly things like change the types of lights etc.

How’s your grade two listed hovel? I suspect you cannot move for neighbours cooling off in wheels bins and that sort of thing.
Which one? The London residence is fine due to no fecker being able to get near it without permission including council nose pokers so I do what I like. The farm, the same issues as you outline, rather tedious. Main difference is I own both of them outright.

Guess being a thick ex squaddie pays rather well compared to being a very clever lecturer/scientist/genius/mma master.

Right, so the issue is the effect of no deal Brexit on medicines - that is the important thing.
Just a reminder as you appear to need it.
K. So the delays to time-sensitive radionuclides has been addressed, and would be mitigated by using air transportation to offset customs delays if necessary. This has been stated by Government sources, and I see no reason to doubt them. That seems to be that issue solved. Now then, about this shelf life thing ...

Which one? The London residence is fine due to no fecker being able to get near it without permission including council nose pokers so I do what I like. The farm, the same issues as you outline, rather tedious. Main difference is I own both of them outright.

Guess being a thick ex squaddie pays rather well compared to being a very clever lecturer/scientist/genius/mma master.
Weird. And too hard. And probably lies.

K. So the delays to time-sensitive radionuclides has been addressed, and would be mitigated by using air transportation to offset customs delays if necessary. This has been stated by Government sources, and I see no reason to doubt them. That seems to be that issue solved. Now then, about this shelf life thing ...
Well that’s the problem - they haven’t been addressed and it’s not as simple as just putting them on a plane. .

Weird. And too hard. And probably lies.
While you were posting photos of disgusting slop on here I was dining at Celeste and enjoying a cheeky wide Churchill in the Garden Room at the Lanesborough. We have very different lives, I just don't bang on about mine. And if you stopped attacking other posters on a personal level I would not mention your transient lifestyle.

Deal with the issues, not the individuals.

While you were posting photos of disgusting slop on here I was dining at Celeste and enjoying a cheeky wide Churchill in the Garden Room at the Lanesborough. We have very different lives, I just don't bang on about mine. And if you stopped attacking other posters on a personal level I would not mention your transient lifestyle.

Deal with the issues, not the individuals.
I’m only personal with individuals who are personal with me... generally those people are pro leave who cannot stand meeting people who are pro-remain. Strangely I’m shocked you’ve turned out to be that sort of poster because I used to consider you reasonable.

And yes we do - I chose to do research after I left the army, because that and teaching is what excites me when I wake up in the morning. I have friends who decided to set up business after leaving and are doing very well at that - some even support down on their luck soldiers with heir profits which is great. We each make our choice. (Not that there is anything transient about my life - life time contract and living with my partner of four years is hardly transient in my view). And yes for 27 quid, I should have been served the food in something a bit better than a polystyrene tray.

Last edited:
Well that’s the problem - they haven’t been addressed and it’s not as simple as just putting them on a plane. .
Who says they haven't been addressed? The doctor who is now out of the loop?

And who said it was simply a case of putting them on a plane? That's a rather simplistic interpretation of what would happen. For a start, you'd need a pilot to fly the plane. And the plane would have to have somewhere to take off from, and somewhere to land, and someone to meet the plane to take the stuff off at the other end, and some method of onward transportation to the place where it was to be used. That's called a supply chain, and we have logistics experts to sort all that out. Or doctors. Doctors could do that too. And fly the planes. Yes, the doctors could sort out the import paperwork, transport the stuff to the point of departure, load the plane, fly the plane, arrange collection, drive the onward transportation, receive the goods, prepare the medicines, then actually administer them. Because they are not just medical experts, they are medial experts, at the centre of everything.

Who says they haven't been addressed? The doctor who is now out of the loop?

And who said it was simply a case of putting them on a plane? That's a rather simplistic interpretation of what would happen. For a start, you'd need a pilot to fly the plane. And the plane would have to have somewhere to take off from, and somewhere to land, and someone to meet the plane to take the stuff off at the other end, and some method of onward transportation to the place where it was to be used. That's called a supply chain, and we have logistics experts to sort all that out. Or doctors. Doctors could do that too. And fly the planes. Yes, the doctors could sort out the import paperwork, transport the stuff to the point of departure, load the plane, fly the plane, arrange collection, drive the onward transportation, receive the goods, prepare the medicines, then actually administer them. Because they are not just medical experts, they are medial experts, at the centre of everything.
Apparently that stuff takes time to put in with training etc, and according to the charities and the good doctor the infrastructure has not been set up yet...

Apparently that stuff takes time to put in with training etc, and according to the charities and the good doctor the infrastructure has not been set up yet...
Which the Government specifically disputes. So we are left with believing a bloke (who happens to be a doctor) who was previously involved though is no longer, in making assessments and plans for a no-deal Brexit who thinks that no plans have been developed since he left, or believing that the Government have actually done something towards addressing the issue. I would add at this point, Amber Rudd resigned her Cabinet post because too much effort was being put into contingency planning for a no-deal Brexit.