Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
This is all incredibly tedious by the media. I got the distinct impression Even Sophie felt embarrassed leading the BBC News yesterday with another anti-Boris story, when there is so much more newsworthy stuff to report.

Yesterday evening's UK news was pretty tedious tbh. There must be hours of decent news worthy updates concerning the slavic saga, what will Putin do, perceived NATO divisions, inflation, rising energy costs etc yet it's virtually all Boris killed my granny while eating cake ad nauseum.

I think JRM commented on today's DM article about how we're 'losing all sense of proportion' or some such. Might have a point.

Truxx

LE
Maybe not - that phrasing suggests a 'do you know who I am?' card may have been pulled, rather than Boris directing that this happen. Now yes, Boris may, yet again ,see his underwear burst into flame, but there is an alternative for this one:

PPS, off her own bat - encouraged by activists, spin doctors and possibly Carrie - gets in touch with charter firm. Makes it sound as though this is a Boris initiative.

Charter is sorted out.

PPS then approaches Boris, says 'I've managed to organise the evacuation of all those poor, sweet little dogs and kittens, and it'll be good PR: I just need you to authorise it'

Boris: 'What, eh, er...? Oh, that chap Carrie was on about? Oh jolly good, yes, of course'

PM thus authorises and hasn't quite understood what he's authorised.

SofS for Defence has Massive Sense of Humour Failure about this and makes clear his displeasure. PM wonders why Wallace has had MSoHF - pays attention to the matter for the first time and, to his horror, realises....

Apologises to SofS, blames PPS who he contends has done this to look good and get promoted in forthcoming reshuffle (she does, but to keep her quiet). SofS sighs deeply...

This isn't as daft as it sounds. When Wilson resigned in 1976, his Resignation Honours List was - as many Arrsers will know/recall - controversial, supposedly written on lavender coloured paper by Marcia Falkender and described by Joe Haines as 'a list of the people Scotland Yard most wishes to interview'.

Bernard Donoughue encountered a sad-looking Wilson reading ticker-tape news in No.10. Wilson turned to Donoughue and asked plaintively "What's it all about, Bernard, this trouble with my honours list? I've never met half of them!'

While Marcia Falkender's influence over Wilson wasn't <confirms she's dead and can't sue. Yep > as many claimed down to an affair, she was a control freak who bullied him remorselessly over certain things and she clearly shoved people onto the list who'd given money to the party in exchange for honours, or who Falkender thought should get an honour because she liked them - whether the PM did or not was immaterial...

It can happen, and I'm beginning to wonder if, in this instance, this is another one of those cases. It would fit in with Boris's rather laissez-faire approach which seems to have encouraged his staff to think that having a party would be a really good idea, because even if Boris found out about it, he wouldn't really mind, and even if he did, he'd not do anything about it.
This is the game as it's played

I know because I have played it myself.

As @OllieReeder will testify.

They just need to get on with delivering The Brexit that they told us it would be.
As soon as the pandemic's over Lennie, as soon as it's over.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Pretty unlikely. Nobody's listened to Heseltine for years. And he's almost 90 FFS. Much of the electorate won't even know who he is, much less care.

Anyway the chances of Brexit being reversed are less than zero and everyone knows it. Time to move on and stop fighting yesterday's battles.
That's certainly not the BBC's fault!

As to your "less than zero" assertion, if every one knows it, if only everyone could admit it.

Time to rev up the outrage bus - Vroom Vroom

Sue Gray’s report into Downing Street parties was being edited on Wednesday night amid suspicions that the new police investigation will mean names and key details are left out of her findings.

Awwwww - Park up the outrage bus

It's the Unions that are asking for redactions - So that Civil Servants are not implicated

Civil service unions are warning the Cabinet Office that government employees must not be “hung out to dry” by being named as party attendees.

:) :) :)

Time to rev up the outrage bus - Vroom Vroom

Awwwww - Park up the outrage bus

It's the Unions that are asking for redactions - So that Civil Servants are not implicated

:) :) :)

When they say "hung out to dry" do they really mean 'accept responsibility for their own actions or omissions'?

Or did Boris grrrr make them flout the law whilst the bodies of poor people piled up?

1643283394597.png

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Judging by the amount of taxis, the Grate Branes have sent for him. When he does finish as PM , he can start his own firm

Yesterday evening's UK news was pretty tedious tbh. There must be hours of decent news worthy updates concerning the slavic saga, what will Putin do, perceived NATO divisions, inflation, rising energy costs etc yet it's virtually all Boris killed my granny while eating cake ad nauseum.

I think JRM commented on today's DM article about how we're 'losing all sense of proportion' or some such. Might have a point.
The same JRM who now thinks we have a Presidential system, and deep sixing Boris is grounds for a general election?

That JRM, who, as Leader of the House of Commons, for Gawds sake, appears to have absolutely no friggin' idea of how the British political system works?

If Rees-Mong is that wrong on basic fundamentals, I wouldn't bother listening to him.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Headline Boy where did I say you said Bozo said it was being written off?

Comprehension is not your strongest gift, I said YOU - Headline Boy - said many, many times that it was being written off.

You answered for someone else. Keep your schnozzola out if you don’t want to properly answer the question. Don’t white knight someone if you can’t do it correctly.

At least this is good value for money.

You answered for someone else. Keep your schnozzola out if you don’t want to properly answer the question. Don’t white knight someone if you can’t do it correctly.
So we agree I never said you said Bozo is writing it off?

Have you - Headline Boy - been saying, many times, that it is being written off? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Have you - Headline Boy - been saying, many times, that it is being written off? A simple yes or no will suffice.
Give up matey; you'll never get what you're asking for regardless of its veracity, and Wozo gets to laugh at you for paying attention to him.

Yes I have.

Latest Threads