Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Indeed

I don't think this guy was recruited in the last 2 years

I wonder if this is one of @wetsmonkey's mates

Perhaps he could tell us if he is a 2 year newbie.

I wouldn’t talk to you or anyone on here about specifics.

Keep googling. Police misconduct, brought into the light and prosecuted. It just shows that rigorous systems exist. Unlike the administration of The Ministerial Code.

Every large organisation has its problems. Nobody would deny that the police are included in that.

Defunding them doesn’t normally help.

Your golfing buddy is obviously definitive. You stick with him for your advice. The day you leave, you are no longer current.
When you spend your life on here, are you current?

Apart from all the other considerations, something that has become glaringly apparent is that the booze-soaked subculture that exists in Downing Street is something that the erstwhile Cold War dipsomaniacs of BAOR would have struggled to keep up with.

The amount of alcohol consumed at work accounts for some of the quality of Government. Embarrassing.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

More nuances I expect
I'm aware of the American simplified spelling.

Apart from all the other considerations, something that has become glaringly apparent is that the booze-soaked subculture that exists in Downing Street is something that the erstwhile Cold War dipsomaniacs of BAOR would have struggled to keep up with.
Plus, unless I read that MI5 report wrong, ,they're not bothered about the Russians coming over here, with their money, laundering dry, electioning.. ;)

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Wrong again

plat in British English​

(plæt )

noun, verbWord forms: plats, platting or platted dialect
a variant spelling of plait

Origin of plat​

1400–50; late Middle English; variant of plot, reinforced by Middle English plat flat of a sword <Old French: something flat (see plate1)

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Why does one need to be Sherlock Holmes and have a police qualification in order to run what is essentially a disciplinary investigation where any legal technicalities will be addressed by legal experts? Are you proposing to dust the Rose Garden for fingerprints or carry out a hard stop in Downing Street?

If all you want is cursory look at the allegations, with no probing investigation, then who better than an unqualified CS who works for you and answers to you.

Bozo would shit himself if a qualified and independent team with a remit and resources came in and opened it all up.

However as Judge and Jury, he won’t allow that.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, I'm also connected to the world wide web. It's plaiting in modern English.

Not according to Volume 2 (N-Z) of the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, Fifth Edition - either is correct.

Moving on, what is the soup of the day?

Latest Threads