Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
No and I changed it, as being right deserves a reward. You at least can sit back and laugh your head off at the fools Boris made of so many and whilst I had my own damascene conversion in December 2020, so many seem to be incapable of accepting the truth.
Thank you.

With an alleged dropout rate of 40 to 60% of new recruits and the normal churn of retirement, resignation, sackings etc, we are way off getting back to 2010 staffing levels.

How does that square with your normal Tory cuts mantra ?

That sounds to me, very much an internal Police issue.

And before you come back with your normal pish - The Tories got rid of most of the 20,000 kiddy on Police, who were recruited under a Labour Government, and should never have been recruited in the 1st place.

How does that square with your normal Tory cuts mantra ?

That sounds to me, very much an internal Police issue.

And before you come back with your normal pish - The Tories got rid of most of the 20,000 kiddy on Police, who were recruited under a Labour Government, and should never have been recruited in the 1st place.

Because, in the last 2 years, CC have been forced by The HO to recruit at breakneck speed so that The Government can fulfill its 20k recruited in 3 years. Political bragging rights over long term quality recruitment.

This has led to unsuitable people being recruited, during COVID with a lot of the recruitment process happening online, 9 weeks basic training, much of it at home and online. Basically a badly rushed and poorly resourced recruitment process.

Tutor officers are given 2 students to puppy walk instead of 1. 600 less police stations means overcrowding and lack of infrastructure. A poor start on top of a poor initial training period.

Many of the recruits are just unprepared and too shocked when the reality hits them. Couple this with the added study and pressure of the degree that they have to achieve and many are folding and leaving. The degree requirement came from Theresa May and her quango The Cof P.

My Chief Constable told serving officers that she was told that she either recruited quickly and haphazardly in her opinion or the funding might be turned off. Her gamble was to recruit and take the risk or not have the officers.

This is a direct result of austerity cuts to policing over the last 11 years and a brashly made promise by Bozo to recruit 20 k officers in 3 years. Poorly thought out and badly resourced.

Because, in the last 2 years, CC have been forced by The HO to recruit at breakneck speed so that The Government can fulfill its 20k recruited in 3 years. Political bragging rights over long term quality recruitment.

This has led to unsuitable people being recruited, during COVID with a lot of the recruitment process happening online, 9 weeks basic training, much of it at home and online. Basically a badly rushed and poorly resourced recruitment process.

Tutor officers are given 2 students to puppy walk instead of 1. 600 less police stations means overcrowding and lack of infrastructure. A poor start on top of a poor initial training period.

Many of the recruits are just unprepared and too shocked when the reality hits them. Couple this with the added study and pressure of the degree that they have to achieve and many are folding and leaving. The degree requirement came from Theresa May and her quango The Cof P.

My Chief Constable told serving officers that she was told that she either recruited quickly and haphazardly in her opinion or the funding might be turned off. Her gamble was to recruit and take the risk or not have the officers.

This is a direct result of austerity cuts to policing over the last 11 years and a brashly made promise by Bozo to recruit 20 k officers in 3 years. Poorly thought out and badly resourced.
Hmm. Yerse. Well, they accepted you.

This is a direct result of austerity cuts to policing over the last 11 years

Yes, we know that in your opinion everything is to do with austerity cuts and Tories.

Sadly for you - A lot of Police problems go back way further than austerity cuts and the Tories, over 20 years ago*

* As told to me by my Ex Met golfing buddy.

Truxx

LE
Yes, we know that in your opinion everything is to do with austerity cuts and Tories.

Sadly for you - A lot of Police problems go back way further than austerity cuts and the Tories, over 20 years ago*

I think we should be most concerned by the quality (lack of) rather than quantity.

[drift]

[/drift]

I think we should be most concerned by the quality (lack of) rather than quantity.

Indeed

I don't think this guy was recruited in the last 2 years

I wonder if this is one of @wetsmonkey's mates

Perhaps he could tell us if he is a 2 year newbie.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I do know that you can’t spell.

More nuances I expect

More nuances I expect

It's nuisance man, nuisance

Sort yur speeling oot :) :)

Screenshot_20220115-115544.png

More nuances I expect
But but but...he's a self professed polyclot...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It was sarcasm. I doubt it as well. She must have some alternative investigatory accreditation and forensic resources.

Why does one need to be Sherlock Holmes and have a police qualification in order to run what is essentially a disciplinary investigation where any legal technicalities will be addressed by legal experts? Are you proposing to dust the Rose Garden for fingerprints or carry out a hard stop in Downing Street?

Every large organisation has its problems. Nobody would deny that the police are included in that.

Defunding them doesn’t normally help.

Your golfing buddy is obviously definitive. You stick with him for your advice. The day you leave, you are no longer current.

Apart from all the other considerations, something that has become glaringly apparent is that the booze-soaked subculture that exists in Downing Street is something that the erstwhile Cold War dipsomaniacs of BAOR would have struggled to keep up with.

Latest Threads