Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have no problems with voters voting at elections. I don’t however believe that politicians can do whatever they like in between.
But that is precisely the mandate the election gives them - within reason and the law. Your vote is not to send in the guy to follow your instructions but to do what he/she thinks fit and best for you. Remember, politicians are never voted into office by 100% of his/her Constituents so it is impossible for them to do as each and every voter wants. Pooling MPs into Parties gives us our current Political scene. You are in essence voting for a Party who are bound in exactly the same way as the individual MP.

NOw I believe you knew that - didn't you?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He's just proving the point about rules and people who think they don't apply to them...
There are several Labour MPs and ex MPs examples since 2014 that could have been used, but Tory bashing is the real reason, innit?

There are several Labour MPs and ex MPs examples since 2014 that could have been used, but Tory bashing is the real reason, innit?

Sutton Coldfield MP though

Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 20.22.33.png

The lot who just passed the resolution -

The chairman and officers of Sutton Coldfield Conservative constituency association have voted unanimously that Boris Johnson should resign.

Sutton is a Conservative stronghold, with one of the largest constituency associations in the country. Officers voted that they have no confidence in the party leader during a meeting in a local curry house, the Bashundora.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Truxx

LE
Nope and it wasn't meant as a slight, but the comedy value for those who lean populist these days. Much as the Trump victory, the Brexit Referendum and the 2019 election was absolutely hilarious TV watching the great and good have a mental breakdown the day afterwards.
Nice swerve

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Dunno, ask Mitchell. He was there but did not take part according to the newspaper article.
Sounds more like Corbyn :rofl:

Sounds more like Corbyn :rofl:

Well, tbf this meeting was probably in English.

iu

Give you a hint, Jezz - you don't want to be around if it says ﺷَﻬِﻴﺪ

Anyway, happy now with the explaination of why I mentioned Mitchell?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well, tbf this meeting was probably in English.

iu

Give you a hint, Jezz - you don't want to be around if it says ﺷَﻬِﻴﺪ

Anyway, happy now with the explaination of why I mentioned Mitchell?
Well of course. I understood all along that you were Tory bashing! ;)

Why couldn’t an organisation totally outside of Parliament and Government, not beholden to politicians for pay and promotion/awards be created, that was called on to carry out an independent investigation of any allegations of wrongdoing.

They can be given statutory powers and the resources to investigate.

The report is then published and an independent adjudicator makes a decision on the outcome.

Seems eminently reasonable to me.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Delivering a convincing argument for or against absolutely anything is stock in trade for legal practitioners.

Politicians of conviction are a myth.

They're all self serving opportunistic weasels.

Thatcher excepted of course

Sutton Coldfield MP though

View attachment 631445

The lot who just passed the resolution -

Maybe its a glass of wine, but I remember my one and only visit to Sutton Coalfield like it was yesterday and aged sixteen on a bus full of other kids ready to go through a selection process and unlike the modern era, back in the 80s we didn't have the internet to warn you advance (apologies for going off thread but it brings back so many pleasant memories).

Stratton must be very happy that she resigned early and got away from this shambles.

The only one with any integrity, who actually did very little wrong. I think she probably knew what had gone on and what was coming.
If she had integrity, she'd have gone before being caught. She gets some credit for 'an early guilty plea'.

Latest Threads