Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
The are motions of no confidence.

Is there another country which has a system which you propose? I'd be interested to see how it works in practise.

Why would you have a vote of no confidence for an individual politician who breaks the rules?

I’m proposing that The Ministerial Code that Bozo wrote and supported is taken seriously and that offenders are punished when they transgress.

Not defeatist at all. Haven’t voted Tory since 2015. The party has lost the plot.
UK politics has become stale and one dimensional and was in crying need of a shakeup. That said, I've enjoyed poking fun at you, but always found your laconic style amusing and you certainly add a little class to a far too many angry brigade.

He probably wouldn't have secured an 80-seat majority, but would have been a significantly more honest, capable and effective PM.
Your probably right. But his inoffensive nature is hardly going to mobilise anybody and the famous 'clear blue water' wasn't wrong. Its also the essence of building and reinforcing the brand and requires someone to be willing to row away from the safe shore and take risks.

Hunt is capable but not a risk taker and my own preference is Lord Frost who always strikes the right tone for me. But of the parliamentary party nobody particularly stands out and the weird irony is I suggested Nadine Dorries as a joke, but the jokes on me that its sounds better than most of the alternatives. If I was still a member and a set of safe choices I would probably give Priti a chance, even though she's been dreadful.

Ursus Major

War Hero
Not quite, the Skipper asked his CoC if he could organise a BBQ for his crew whilst they were alongside and effectively in quarantine, he was told that no BBQ could take place on the Dockyard.
His solution was to have the BBQ on deck. This was only of a number of "errors of judgement", so not the sole reason for him getting punted.

The Nelson touch is truly dead...

Only seven years since that judgement - no doubt you will get many years more out of it! :rolleyes:

He's just proving the point about rules and people who think they don't apply to them...

I wonder if Bozo was commuting to a second home when others were being criminalised for that?

Seems like the next logical thing to surface.

I wonder if Bozo was commuting to a second home when others were being criminalised for that?

Seems like the next logical thing to surface.
Funny you should mention that....

Frankly this has to be made up though

Boris Johnson is drawing up a list of officials to offer resignations over partygate in a bid to salvage his premiership, The Independent has learned.

Dubbed “Operation Save Big Dog” by the prime minister himself, the blueprint includes a drive to work out which heads should roll following the publication of senior official Sue Gray’s findings, as well as highlighting the prime minister’s achievements, according to sources. Officials have also started using the codename, The Independent understands.

"Operation Save Big Dog"? That has to be made up. Or some sort of mole-hunt. He told Sunak it was that, Liz Truss it was Op Dig the Tunnel.

The Nelson touch is truly dead...
Hypocrisy is everywhere for sure. But I think Boris is in trouble, not because he's lost his moral authority from the BBC, opposition parties or people like Brotherton lad. But the moral authority that comes from his own party and its voting base.

His hubris has pushed away friends and left him bereft of support and relying like Nero on a court of slaves/eunuchs and yes men who have insulated him from criticism and he's simply incapable of honesty and that includes with himself.

Funny you should mention that....

Frankly this has to be made up though

"Operation Save Big Dog"? That has to be made up. Or some sort of mole-hunt. He told Sunak it was that, Liz Truss it was Op Dig the Tunnel.

Big Dog Bozo doesn’t do little people rules. I wonder how many staff will be sacrificed to save him?

Latest Threads