Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Execute!!

First action drill on getting an Active Edge warning. Get plenty of slabs in!
Bloody amateur!
IA on returning from an Active Edge was to replen ready for the next one.
10 minutes to ram the kit into the back of the 4-tonner then into the cab and out the gates (usually still pissed).

Who here genuinely believes that this prorogation of Parliament is only in order to prepare the domestic political agenda for The Queens Speech or believes that this is a Government tactic to speed through a no deal Brexit on 31/10?

Interested to see what people feel.

I could'nt agree more.
And lets be clear, every bit of the chaos that has ensued since the Referendum is entirely due to a very few people, nearly all being MPs.
They are showing themselves up as hypocrites and charlatans.
The consequences of ignoring the 2016 referendum will indeed damage the fabric of our society. And it wouldn't suprise me if some of that group know this, and want it to happen.
MPs on both sides

Who here genuinely believes that this prorogation of Parliament is only in order to prepare the domestic political agenda for The Queens Speech or believes that this is a Government tactic to speed through a no deal Brexit on 31/10?

Business as usual. Subverted by hysterical claims of a coup and the end of "democracy" by Remainers.

Nobody believes it, but most posters here will be happy enough to say that they do in order to defend Bollox Johnson's tactics.
ETA:
A case in point

Business as usual. Subverted by hysterical claims of a coup and the end of "democracy" by Remainers.

Old-Salt
I'm well aware of that, just pointing out this has appeared on the Sky News page under Features which wasn't there previously.
Fair comment... BBC News also has a tendency to randomly pop old stuff up in their 'Most Read' section.

Interestingly it's now disappeared from Sky News online
Not really surprising having realised that their old news is old news. I suppose it fills a space on a slow news day though

you don't work for Sky News do you?
I don't. I don't subscribe to Sky never mind work for them.

All this shite has coincided with the massive increase of women in politics - kitchen rationality based on do gooding, white is right, open no -secret truth-speak......while all the paternalistic minded bad guys feck us over and bum us stupid. Just imagine a Jo Swinson, Anna Soubry, Caroline Lucas cabinet with a couple of token males and Jock Blackford as speaker.........feck, feck, feck, fecking feck....my heed is driving me nuts......did I just say 'my head is driving my bollocks?

ETA I want to get back to good old fashioned lying, deceitful, thieving, non-politically correct arrseholes who present themselves as mild mannered gentlemen politicians. A finer bunch of people you would never meet who would smile into the face of an enemy while twistimg the bayonet....errr 'sword' (if you sont understand the last bit....you were never 'in)
Could I just mention the distinction between Wimmin andWomen. Wimmin are the poblem. Mrs LR is just as likely to bury the hatchet as I am. Just a question of where when and in whom

Another lip wobbling buffoon who believes Leave voters are 'uneducated 'Sheeple', unlike him, who has a degree, you know.

You can have as much information, instant or otherwise, as you like.
Without the ability to analyse it, sort out the crap, and given a binary choice, you might as well toss a coin.

Fortunately, we have an endless supply of ill informed opinionated charlatans and proven liars to tell the sheeple how to vote.
Oh.

Of course, the best way of demonstrating the sovereignty of Parliament and democracy taking back control is to err.. Close Parliament so democratically elected representatives can't be heard?
Run that one past me again?
Here's a Doctor who also has a degree I would assume:

1568202049849.png

I don't care, little white lies are acceptable and in this case necessary to move this whole circus wagon on!

It is a tactic to speed Brexit a no deal on 31/10...............and thank the lord he has some semblance of the need for tactical manouvre. That said, he needs a toe up his arrse to get a move on and comre up with something that will work. Lying, cheating, bamboozling, thieving, skillduggery......all acceptable traits of an old fashioned and effective British prime minister...........but he needs to get on with it.

Nobody believes it, but most posters here will be happy enough to say that they do in order to defend Bollox Johnson's tactics.
ETA:
A case in point
Nobody believes it, but most posters here will be happy enough to say that they dont [and still] defend Bollox Johnson's tactics.
ETA Trust me, iI'm one of them.
NB Do you really think that if the will of the people is indeed thwarted or limited to a Brexit in name but still tied to the ECJ and the customs union, that that is the end of it? The biggest message coming out of this entire decable is that NI, Westminster and FPP voting are past their shelf life and ipso facto so are a myriad of the antiquated political aristocracy. Standby for a new breed of straight talking genuine representatives of the people working from devolved institutions in England. The father of the house can become a tour guide at the Palace of Westminster before it is converted into flats.

Last edited:
It is a tactic to speed Brexit a no deal on 31/10...............and thank the lord he has some semblance of the need for tactical manouvre. That said, he needs a toe up his arrse to get a move on and comre up with something that will work. Lying, cheating, bamboozling, thieving, skillduggery......all acceptable traits of an old fashioned and effective British prime minister...........but he needs to get on with it.
You mean, put away his inner Churchill for a while and bring out his inner Lloyd-George? I'm not ready to give up on him yet, by any means....

Mike Barton

War Hero
There were several Bills that had to be approved for joining the EEC but the key bit was the Accession Act. This was passed in January 1972.........by 8 votes..........the Ulster Unionists voted with the government...........they had eight votes.
Interesting that there were only eight UU votes as I wondered who the other NI MPs were, forgetting that there were only 12 NI MPs at that time. Paisley got the other Unionist seat, Gerry Fitt got West Belfast and two "Unity" seats one of which was none other than Bernadette Devlin, who took her seat (much to Reggie Maudlin's chagrin during the Bloody Sunday debate) and Frank McManus, an abstentionist I think.

If I am not wrong at the time the UUs took the Tory whip in the House so they would be regarded as government seats. Did Fitt, Paisley or Devlin vote for the Accession Act?

FLIP: 'I am thinking of flopping'
FLOP: 'You can't do that, after all, I was thinking of 'flipping'
FLIP: 'Lets ask Emily'
EMILY: 'Hmm...I think flipping might flop so I am going to go flop, but I might flip if flopping flips....the party policy will definately be flopping or flipping, but will probably remain a flopper.
Not so much flipping & flopping as flapping.

Latest Threads