Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
I actually think that the Tories are pretty awful, as well. For many years now, they've maintained the fiction that they are a party of the right. They're not. They're a glee club for self-interested and the privileged. On occasion they have managed to convince the impressionable that they represent the interests of all.

Johnson just happens to be the most recent and egregious example of their leaders. He stands out as probably the most dishonest and incompetent, who has surrounded himself with the similarly hopeless.

I think that there has definitely been a noticeable decline, but I hold out for a return to the better days.

Fibber. You're a sad, frustrated LibDem* if ever I smelled one, so pretending to be a wet conservative is de rigeur for your sort, and let's face it - it's the only way someone of your political ilk could ever claim to be a winner.

*Aren't they all?

If that’s what you need to think to get you by, crack on. A moderate Conservative is what I am.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think that there has definitely been a noticeable decline, but I hold out for a return to the better days.
I first voted Con in 1979 and continued until 2015. I won't vote that way again until the party rids itself of the stench of kippers. Shouldn't take long as the fantasies dissolve.

Fibber. You're a sad, frustrated LibDem* if ever I smelled one, so pretending to be a wet conservative is de rigeur for your sort, and let's face it - it's the only way someone of your political ilk could ever claim to be a winner.

*Aren't they all?
Oi! I resemble that remark.

...I only really vote Lib Dem because I still want to vote, but have zero faith in either of the parties that actually have a chance of getting into power.

I don't think the Lib Dems would do a particularly great job, but there's very little chance of them actually having the opportunity.

Actingunpaid

War Hero
I like kippers for breakfast but not in government.
Looks like the kippers are becoming as irrelevant as Rejoin, after all, we are Independent now.

loony.png

I first voted Con in 1979 and continued until 2015. I won't vote that way again until the party rids itself of the stench of kippers. Shouldn't take long as the fantasies dissolve.
1983 and 2017 in my case. Still a member but not currently a Tory voter.

It's not the kippers I mind really - more the bunch of crooks, shysters and and arrogant low-grade no-hopers currently in charge of our once-great party.

And a PM so far out of his depth it's not even funny.

One day we will have a Conservative party again. The Iron Lady must be spinning in her grave. Peppa Pig FFS.

Amazing a life long "tory" *snigger* rushes to defend Labour, never saw that coming. Carry on wallowing in your little cess pit.
He's hardly defending Labour, just taking the piss out of Rees-Mogg.

Desperate.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Oi! I resemble that remark.

...I only really vote Lib Dem because I still want to vote, but have zero faith in either of the parties that actually have a chance of getting into power.

I don't think the Lib Dems would do a particularly great job, but there's very little chance of them actually having the opportunity.
Thank you for voting. How you choose to do so is down to you, but actually doing so at the very least gives you the moral right to whinge about the buggers in power, whosoever they may be.

If there's one thing that gets my goat it's pub bores saying "it's pointless voting, they're all the same, it won't make any difference" etc. If Brexit showed one thing (regardless of how you voted), it's that every vote can count.

...can you get to the bit where you make a point?

TIA.

Awaits completely expected response.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha....
Awaits completely expected response.

Latest Threads