Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Unlike you, I didn’t go to public school which has to be the only place left on Earth that still thinks teaching Latin and Greek has any value aside from bumping up exorbitant school fees.
I suffered Latin at school and only later realised its value in understanding foreign languages. I later made the mistake of saying so to my old Latin master at a school reunion event.
"To say nothing of understanding your own language" he grumbled.
He always was a grumpy old b*gger, and his nickname of "Death" suited him well.
But he was also right.

Do you want to find out what they think?

Accusations of paedophilia are Streng Verboten
I don't know what's wrong with you, but something is.
You should try stepping away from your device, get out and meet real people.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't know what's wrong with you, but something is.
You should try stepping away from your device, get out and meet real people.
Is that fair on real people?

It appears you may be on yet another internet-centred downward spiral, BB. Before you report me for bullying, this post is meant as a friendly joke, and I do of course hold you in the highest of esteem*.

*Or not.

Is that fair on real people?

It appears you may be on yet another internet-centred downward spiral, BB. Before you report me for bullying, this post is meant as a friendly joke, and I do of course hold you in the highest of esteem*.

*Or not.
Needy.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Devastating news for Boris fanbois everywhere... the Tory Government has slumped to a wafer thin 10% lead in the most recent poll:

This is a devastating setback for the devastated Tory scum Government, who are reeling from the humiliation of only gaining a single devastating percentage point since the last devastating poll.

Bozo(TM) must resign NOW!
:frustrated:

offog

LE
Devastating news for Boris fanbois everywhere... the Tory Government has slumped to a wafer thin 10% lead in the most recent poll:

This is a devastating setback for the devastated Tory scum Government, who are reeling from the humiliation of only gaining a single devastating percentage point since the last devastating poll.

Some will be deverstated as they prodicted a 5point loss based on absolutely no evidence at all.

Wouldn't that make Dominic Raab the Prime Minister...?

(Assuming he can get signal on whatever beach he's not on).

People should be careful what they wish for.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Wouldn't that make Dominic Raab the Prime Minister...?

(Assuming he can get signal on whatever beach he's not on).

People should be careful what they wish for.
Indeed...

Unless you really know someone, never believe what the media and his enemies claim about him, because we humans are far more complex than that.

I caught Heseltine's commentary on sunday and he reflects an attitude which argues we need very detailed planned economy with a bit more devolution and an effective return to the postwar consensus, with the added silly of creating dozens of nicola sturgeons in England.

It amuses me that the remainers idea of brexit really is to return us back to the fifties/sixties. Boris doesn't seem to agree and his instincts are more ambitious than that and lets call him 'Thatcher with a human face'. He seems to want free markets to function properly and not the crony variety we've being saddled with and does carry a little bit less ideological baggage and stubbornness and that is no bad thing. His negative characteristics you already know, but I don't think Boris has done all that bad a job.
Imagine my surprise when I saw @Bravo_Bravo Chief Chod gave you a dislike

Imagine my surprise when I saw @Bravo_Bravo Chief Chod gave you a dislike

I know, as predictable as me getting "dumbs" off the usual suspects when I chuckle and poke fun at the huckster-God selling financial products on youtube.

giphy.gif