Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
I'll just leave this here for the Boris Grrrrr crew and especially those who focus on Boris Grrrrr in terms of Covid.

One in four patients classed as a Covid hospitalisation is being treated for other reasons, official data reveal, prompting claims that the public has been misled.

As a result, those in hospital for different reasons, such as a broken leg, who might otherwise never have known they had picked up the virus, are counted in the hospitalisation statistics along with those suffering severe illness due to Covid.

NHS f***up but Boris Grrrrrrrr.

( Take note @wetsmonkey )

Most sensible people can see through the waffle. The Boris grrrr crowd are like cross over between the boy who cried wolf and a sulking little girl about to have a tantrum. A few people are concerned for their mental health but most people are just ignoring them.
Yeah, but you seem to genuinely believe he's doing a great job...

I'll just leave this here for the Boris Grrrrr crew and especially those who focus on Boris Grrrrr in terms of Covid.

The Torygraph defending a Tory.

Unpossible.

Incidentally; from what little I can see of the article ( its behind a paywall) I read:

Government accused of making ‘flawed decisions’ after NHS finds quarter of virus patients had other cause of admission

So the Torygraph doesn't think that people admitted to hospital for reasons other than Covid, who are subsequently found to have Covid, shouldn't really be counted as having Covid because, err, something something blah blah.

Well that's alright then, eh?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

These are complex statistics to analyse. Very few of us are capable of drawing accurate conclusions from them. The press, in particular are only interested in headlines that support their particular agenda.

Its very likely that the UK figures are no where near as bad as the the doomsayers want to believe (Boris grrrrrr!) it is also true that it's not as rosy as the over optimists want to believe. Covid is a very nasty disease. There are a lot of people with life threatening illnesses and life changing injuries as a result of it.

We are going to have to learn to live with it but that includes accepting that people will become very ill and die. Easy to say in a vacuum but not so easy when its you and your loved ones.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yeah, but you seem to genuinely believe he's doing a great job...
I think he is. There are no right answers. You tell me your preferred solutions to any of the intractable problems we are facing and I'll tell you why that would be a disaster. We'd probably both be right.

Bolleaux.

Bolleaux.

Bolleaux.

Johnson is shockingly inept at his job.

He lied to Her Majesty about the legality of Proroguing Parliament.

He refused to give the go ahead for lockdown, leading to tens of thousands of excess deaths.

He hid in a fridge when faced with a journalist.

He ran away to Afghanistan for a day to avoid a tricky vote.

He bluffed about "oven ready deals".

He refuses to make unpopular decisions until absolutely forced to.

He makes a mockery of PMQs.

He ignores his scientific advisers ( again, leading to excess deaths).

He caught and nearly died from Coronovirus, and held a totally unnecessary breakfast meeting leading to MPs having to self isolate.

He doesn't work weekends.

He gets private donors to pay for refurbishments.

He appointed Crudace to the HoL against the advice of the Lords Appointments Commission, three days later Crudace coincidentally donated £500k to the Conservative Central Office.

He threatens to break our Treaty obligations, traducing the international reputation and standing of the UK.

We have the fifth highest death rate from CV in the world. G*d knows how bad it would have been without the vaccination programme.

You wanted him to do all that, eh?

The man is astonishingly unfit for Office.

He can't even open an umbrella.

Yee Gods, you actually believe Cummings and the bbc.
Just when I thought you couldn't get any lower.

I think he is. There are no right answers. You tell me your preferred solutions to any of the intractable problems we are facing and I'll tell you why that would be a disaster. We'd probably both be right.
I don't have to have any solutions to know Johnson is doing a shit job.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I don't have to have any solutions to know Johnson is doing a shit job.
That’s the problem. You don’t like him. You don’t really know why but Boris Grrrrr!

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I gave you a long list with *some* of the reasons I despise the man.
Do you despise him because he's doing a shit job, or believe he must be doing a shit job because you despise him.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I hope Boris and family have gone off on holiday somewhere so that Wets and Co can have another apoplexy over who paid for the ice creams.:)

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads