Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
I know, that's the irony, isn't it? That the whining and snivelling is coming from those of you most convinced that it was all going to be lovely :)

And now blaming the Nasty Foreigners for sticking to the deal.

It's pathetic.

The sunny uplands.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The sunny uplands.
It is interesting how you fixate on the few negative points of Brexit and ignore the overall roaring success.

Doubly strange as the problems don’t exactly show the EU in a particularly good light.

Yes, Boris made a mistake to assume the EU would act honourably and the interest of the citizens of the EU. He misunderstood the malevolence inherent in the EU junta. He thought he was dealing with rational, honourable people.

Not a good message for the EU. The junta will sacrifice you and your interests to keep their snouts and trotters firmly in the trough. You don’t matter.

It is interesting how you fixate on the few negative points of Brexit and ignore the overall roaring success.

Doubly strange as the problems don’t exactly show the EU in a particularly good light.

Yes, Boris made a mistake to assume the EU would act honourably and the interest of the citizens of the EU. He misunderstood the malevolence inherent in the EU junta. He thought he was dealing with rational, honourable people.

Not a good message for the EU. The junta will sacrifice you and your interests to keep their snouts and trotters firmly in the trough. You don’t matter.

I don’t like or support The EU. I don’t expect them to work in my favour or care about me, why would they, we have left.

I expect my PM to be honest and act in the best interests of this country. He lied to this country about The NI matter and now he is whining about it and somehow expecting The EU to disregard the deal that Bozo told us was amazing.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I don’t like or support The EU. I don’t expect them to work in my favour or care about me, why would they, we have left.

I expect my PM to be honest and act in the best interests of this country. He lied to this country about The NI matter and now he is whining about it and somehow expecting The EU to disregard the deal that Bozo told us was amazing.
I think the best interest of the country would have been to walk away. Unfortunately this was probably not politically possible.

Unfortunately the EU was totally intransigent over NI. No doubt Robbins and tbe EU junta cooked it up with the new intention of binding us into accepting EU overlordship in perpetuity.

BoJo talked the deal up because he wanted to try and make it work. To give it a go despite I being it was a crock of shit.

What he failed to take into account is the basic malevolence of the EU junta.

I use the word honourably very carefully in this context. They may have some dubious legal right on their side - although even that is doubtful - but when you make a deal by coercion and bullying don’t be surprised if your victims look for an exit strategy.

I would still favour walking away and telling them to poke the whole deal.

I think the best interest of the country would have been to walk away. Unfortunately this was probably not politically possible.

Unfortunately the EU was totally intransigent over NI. No doubt Robbins and tbe EU junta cooked it up with the new intention of binding us into accepting EU overlordship in perpetuity.

BoJo talked the deal up because he wanted to try and make it work. To give it a go despite I being it was a crock of shit.

I use the word honourably very carefully in this context. They may have some dubious legal right on their side - although even that is doubtful - but when you make a deal by coercion and bullying don’t be surprised if your victims look for an exit strategy.

He didn’t talk it up, he blatantly and barefaced lied to the nation in an interview, even when challenged with evidence that he was telling lies. Nothing he says can be taken at face value. He is not trustable.

Again, I'd argue that it was pure politics - both sides negotiated from diametrically opposed positions that they knew would persist after the agreement. We signed to escape in the short term, Brussels signed to lock us in for the long-term. I suspect everyone tacitly accepted that it was not the end of the matter...

Strategically, my understanding is (and happy to be corrected) that the EU will eventually have to be the ones to cave, as it is their protectionist model that has to be guarded. Better that you sign up to a few UK proposed changes of a sensible nature, than succumb to unchecked smuggling (about which you can do little, owing to other political imperatives, underwritten by Uncle Sam).

If you had an AFPS 75 pension you would understand why

If you had paid attention - You would have seen that my AFPS 75 pension is larger than my Annuity.

My annuity is capped at 3% - My larger AFPS 75 pension isn't ( Unless the Government introduces emergency legislation to cap it )

Barring Government intervention - I will be very far from being cranked

Should I fret about 25% inflation eroding my 3% annual annuity rise - Or should I rub my hands together at my larger AFPS 75 pension rising by 25% ( Or even full on Venezuela for a couple of years )

As an added Brucie Bonus

It will be fun watching the verbal contortions of the Boris Grrrrr & Brexit Grrrrr crew trying to blame Johnson for rising inflation.
Thank you for explaining.

I had no idea as to the relevant sizes of your AFPS and annuity pensions.

It's worth noting you won't actually benefit from rampant inflation.

He didn’t talk it up, he blatantly and barefaced lied to the nation in an interview, even when challenged with evidence that he was telling lies. Nothing he says can be taken at face value. He is not trustable.
You can't blame Boris for the crappy deal with the EU, not when you remember he was having to deal with Traitors in the Lords, the courts and his own party and trying to get Brexit done to appease the sensible ones amongst us that saw the EU for what they are and didn't want any part of it.

0JKK2Rn.jpg

Also, remember that the public never ever joined the EU, we joined a common market for trading - and were taken into the EU with no say so by corrupt and dodgy politicians such as John Major and Gordon Brown.

Don't even get me started on that waste of space Theresa May and the damage she caused to the country and Brexit.

And lets not forget these twats either that were ejected by Boris for going against the good of the country:
9hrJzT8.jpg

Last edited:

Wee Hawken

War Hero
Please explain why you think I will not benefit from my pension jumping by 25%
I'm no finance expert but I would guess that:

1. If in UK, your costs will also go up by 25%. That's what inflation does. So you will be no better off.
2. If outside UK, your GBP pension will be damaged/destroyed by the reduction in value of sterling.

I had a colleague with a Zimbabwean police pension. It went up by squilllions % when inflation took hold. It's purchasing power, however, did not. Eventuallly he was on about 15p per month.

Truxx

LE

Just as the citizens of Europe had a reasonable expectation that the junta would act in their interests regarding vaccination.

You can't blame Boris for the crappy deal with the EU, not when you remember he was having to deal with Traitors in the Lords, the courts and his own party and trying to get Brexit done to appease the sensible ones amongst us that saw the EU for what they are and didn't want any part of it.

0JKK2Rn.jpg

Also, remember that the public never ever joined the EU, we joined a common market for trading - and were taken into the EU with no say so by corrupt and dodgy politicians such as John Major and Gordon Brown.

Don't even get me started on that waste of space Theresa May and the damage she caused to the country and Brexit.
TRATORS! TRATORS! TRATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOP for the political class, especially furrin ones

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
TRATORS! TRATORS! TRATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So wonderful to see you raising the levels of both debate and spelling.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Do keep up.
I'd really rather not, if it's all the same to you. I scan this cesspit thread every now and again just to laugh at the Remainer coterie, and wonder at your ever more desperate assertions that Boris is the devil. I really don't want to spend anymore time than that takes associating with you.

Toodles.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just as the citizens of Europe had a reasonable expectation that the junta would act in their interests regarding vaccination.
It would be a reasonable expectation but as it’s difficult to find any time that the junta has acted in the interests of the peasantry (other than by coincidence) it would be a triumph of naivety over experience.

Latest Threads