Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
You concentrate on yourself and stop fretting about people on the internet that you don't know. You've obviously got nothing better to do all day. Thick plank.

Who on the internet do I fret about? Is it your turn to white knight others?

I’m reading online that typical liberal authoritarian NZ PM Arden is preparing to block the UK joining the CPTPP unless HMG fails to properly implement the Northern Ireland protocol.

Brussels says that would break International law.

I wonder if Starmer, Blair & friends have had back room coffee chats with Arden to deliberately stir the pot.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I’m reading online that typical liberal authoritarian NZ PM Arden is preparing to block the UK joining the CPTPP unless HMG fails to properly implement the Northern Ireland protocol.

Brussels says that would break International law.

I wonder if Starmer, Blair & friends have had back room coffee chats with Arden to deliberately stir the pot.
I read that headline too. Then I read the article. Seems like a massive stretch of the imagination to think that’s what she was saying.

Indeed I think it’s more likely that project fear is waffling bolleaux as usual.

Who on the internet do I fret about? Is it your turn to white knight others?
You mean you don't know? Keerist! You're as thick as all the planks made from all the trees from a forest of Giant Redwoods.
And don't call me white, or there'll be trouble.

You mean you don't know? Keerist! You're as thick as all the planks made from all the trees from a forest of Giant Redwoods.
And don't call me white, or there'll be trouble.

What are you going to do?

What are you going to do?
I was thinking of hunting you down and killing you.
But as you're a weedy little no mark, I won't bother.

Haven't you got a life to lead?

I was thinking of hunting you down and killing you.
But as you're a weedy little no mark, I won't bother.

Haven't you got a life to lead?

I will happily wait for you. I’m answering your interjection on behalf of another poster, who you felt needed your half witted intervention.

I will happily wait for you. I’m answering your interjection on behalf of another poster, who you felt needed your half witted intervention.
Oh.
You're white knighting then.

I bet the highlight of your life was getting your first stripe when you managed to stand up and salute to the front, without falling over.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Please get a room. This is very boring for the grown ups.

You concentrate on yourself and stop fretting about people on the internet that you don’t know. Surely you have better things to do at 2244 hours on a Friday.

Yeah, I did have much better things to do.
I had to check that my pension had gone in to the UK bank this week, looked back through some events on here and stumbled upon your 1355 post.
You mentioned aspirations apparently, and my reply was obviously in keeping with the subject of your post.
My own personal aspiration currently is that you keep paying your pension contributions to pay towards all of us who used to have such a blast, fun and enjoyment whilst getting paid for it.
Without any negativity in the workplace or elsewhere.

And now back to topic, it does go to show something (to those of us with enquiring minds) when a British Prime Minister six months after Brexit is judged more popular than the President of the Republique in a survey undertaken by a French publication.
Just last month apparently.
He must be doing something right I think.

I wonder how many of those officers will be named as 'Joe Bloggs' or 'Ima Rozzer'?

'Boris Johnson unveil plans for every victim of crime to have a named police officer as he tries to shift the focus away from the pandemic.

'The PM, writing in the Sunday Express, said: "We want everyone to know that if you are the victim of crime you have a named officer to call - someone who is immediately on your side".'

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wonder how many of those officers will be named as 'Joe Bloggs' or 'Ima Rozzer'?

'Boris Johnson unveil plans for every victim of crime to have a named police officer as he tries to shift the focus away from the pandemic.

'The PM, writing in the Sunday Express, said: "We want everyone to know that if you are the victim of crime you have a named officer to call - someone who is immediately on your side".'

Constable Savage will be busy.

I gave you some concrete examples but leadership is also about setting the tone.

I’m sure that the Churchill grrrr crowd where droning on about detail when he gave ‘his fight them on the beaches’ speech but most people understood what he was talking about. Boris is not Churchill but he is trying to inspire people. I guess it only works for those with imagination.

Those with a vested interested in grinding the prols down are never going to be inspired.
Then, he’s making a really shite job of it. Far from the Churchillian speach of his imagination, his “ketchup of catchup” speech was nothing more than a list of of vacuous soundbites. Comparing that with Churchill’s ”fight them on the beaches” is so far beyond ridiculous that it is not worth discussion.

Yeah, I did have much better things to do.
I had to check that my pension had gone in to the UK bank this week, looked back through some events on here and stumbled upon your 1355 post.
You mentioned aspirations apparently, and my reply was obviously in keeping with the subject of your post.
My own personal aspiration currently is that you keep paying your pension contributions to pay towards all of us who used to have such a blast, fun and enjoyment whilst getting paid for it.
Without any negativity in the workplace or elsewhere.

And now back to topic, it does go to show something (to those of us with enquiring minds) when a British Prime Minister six months after Brexit is judged more popular than the President of the Republique in a survey undertaken by a French publication.
Just last month apparently.
He must be doing something right I think.

Now, now. Don’t be naughty. It’s cruel to expect Wets and his fellow travellers to understand foreign languages to a degree beyond ‘dos cervezas, por favore’, ‘zwei bier bitte’ and (shouted) ‘deux beers garcon’ (deliberately written without the cedilla).

He really hasn't got anything better to do than write utter balls like that?
He has got better things to do, instead he w@nks about with puffery that he imagines people will like him for....or was basking in the glory of 'oh , the Express like me' ..or maybe just the money?

A lot of big companies insist on central storage, so if you're off work, someone else can pick it up. Some have 'staff accounts' with names rather than 'main enquiries' ' Main office', names like Charlie Dickens, Ted Bear. (probably not Mike Hunt, Hugh Janus etc).

Slightly far fetched, but is it a great idea to have officers' names, work locations, possibly even work times floating about?

And "immediately on your side"?!?! He really doesn't understand (modern?) policing.. 'Believe no-one, confirm everything'

EDit: yes, another rant, apologies. I'm just still disappointed at the feebleness of the man

Last edited:
He has got better things to do, instead he w@nks about with puffery that he imagines people will like him for....or was basking in the glory of 'oh , the Express like me' ..or maybe just the money?

A lot of big companies insist on central storage, so if you're off work, someone else can pick it up. Some have 'staff accounts' with names rather than 'main enquiries' ' Main office', names like Charlie Dickens, Ted Bear. (probably not Mike Hunt, Hugh Janus etc).

Slightly far fetched, but is it a great idea to have officers' names, work locations, possibly even work times floating about?

And "immediately on your side"?!?! He really doesn't understand (modern?) policing.. 'Believe no-one, confirm everything'

EDit: yes, another rant, apologies. I'm just still disappointed at the feebleness of the man
Whereas most of us respect his intelligence and honesty.

And it was a sheeite idea when Labour did it in 2008 and called it the Policing Pledge.
I for one cant wait to see what they call 'Activity Analysis'.

Now, now. Don’t be naughty. It’s cruel to expect Wets and his fellow travellers to understand foreign languages to a degree beyond ‘dos cervezas, por favore’, ‘zwei bier bitte’ and (shouted) ‘deux beers garcon’ (deliberately written without the cedilla).

No e on the end of favor. That must be Manuel Muphry's Law.

Latest Threads