Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Let the frothing hysteria begin...

"John Bercow defects to the Labour Party and warns Boris Johnson must be 'replaced' | Politics | News | Express.co.uk" John Bercow defects to the Labour Party and warns Boris Johnson must be 'replaced' | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
So a useless narcissist who has behaved like an utter cúnt has realised that he has made himself totally unelectable and that the Conservative Party despise him so much that he likely wouldn't be given a shot at a constituency has realised that his only option is to defect to a party who themselves are electoral poison right now.

What a match made in heaven.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
So a useless narcissist who has behaved like an utter cúnt has realised that he has made himself totally unelectable and that the Conservative Party despise him so much that he likely wouldn't be given a shot at a constituency has realised that his only option is to defect to a party who themselves are electoral poison right now.

What a match made in heaven.ime
Like I said

ACAB

LE
At least he seemed to stand up to people (albeit grand standing at times...). A very petty action not to give him 'the usual' peerage
Why was he??? What did he do for the electorate he was supposed to represent??

Throbber.

The man's a weasel, as witnessed by the whole "Barnard Castle to test my eyesight" incident - apparently convinced that he's the exception, he knows best, he's the smartest bloke in the room.

But that doesn't mean he's wrong in this particular case, particularly as he's able to point to the public statements of Hancock, the text messages and whiteboard pictures from within No.10, and the documents from COBR; and able to generate a timeline which supports his assertions.

He would be a hypocrite if he didn't put the boot in over the concept of "denying failure and avoiding responsibility" - the first time I heard of him was several years back; reading his blog post about being Gove's SPAD at Education, and the frustrations and perverse incentives in effect when dealing with the worse-performing senior civil servants. Again, I haven't got the experience to declare that he's correct (or whether he's missing the point somewhat); but he makes a strong argument, explaining it clearly..

The Hollow Men (Part I)
The Hollow Men (Part II)
His replies to commentary on the articles

(If you haven't got the time to read the full articles, someone summarised it here)
He's immensely entertaining and always has been, he's very good at negative campaigning (breaking stuff) and that's it.

Funny how everyone who thought Durham and Barnard Castle were fine now question his version of events - they thought driving to test your eyesight was the dogs bollocks a year ago.

Anyhoo.....perhaps Boris should try a Go Fund Me?

Throbber.
I understood that a Lordship was the usual 'reward' for serving as a speaker, serving the country with its administration etc. Happy to be proved wrong & that Speakers don't usually get it.
Try to limit exclamation marks to 2, more than that starts to look a bit fuming-mad spittle-flecked keyboard etc. Just my opinion of course.

Throbber.
Speakers tend to get Ermine on leaving Office.

Failing to elevate Bercow is just vindictive spite. Not unexpected from the humiliated chump that is Johnson.

Actingunpaid

War Hero
I think Bercow should be nominated for a peerage in Boris's retirement honours list. Then a new policy of retiring all Lords over 60 should be announced the following day.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
PS. Speakers don't represent a Electorate.
Well he shouldn't have...

As Speaker Bercow was voted into the office by a horde of Labour MPs keen to scupper the Tories, I would say that his effective electorate was the House of Commons, and he represented the interests of Labour and the Lib Dems almost exclusively over his tenure.

Last edited:
As Speaker Bercow was voted into the office by a horde of Labour MPs keen to scupper the Tories,

Funny you say that

John Bercow, the former speaker of the U.K.’s House of Commons and a Conservative party member since he was 17, has switched political allegiance and joined the opposition Labour party.

Still defending TalkTalk's loss of all that personal data? And their utter inability to provide decent broadband and charge for it correctly?

I wouldn't trust her to run a sweetshop. Whoever she happens to be married to.

And her apparent abilities continue to amaze!

'Dido Harding is vowing to end the NHS's reliance on foreign doctors and nurses if she becomes head of the health service in England - despite Matt Hancock previously urging a 'new Windrush generation' to help fill jobs.

'The Tory peer has made ending the 'prevailing orthodoxy' that staff are better sourced from abroad part of her pitch to take over from Sir Simon Stevens next month. However, two years ago Lady Harding penned a report admitting that the NHS must 'increase international recruitment in the short to medium term'.

'And launching that report Mr Hancock said: 'The people plan spells out how we need a new Windrush Generation for the NHS. A recruitment drive to attract the brightest and best doctors, nurses, and clinical staff from overseas.'

'It was confirmed last week that Baroness Harding, former head of the much-criticised Test and Trace programme, has applied for the key post.'

Yet more disgraceful, undemocratic behaviour from Johnson.

Boris Johnson is to strip the Electoral Commission of the power to prosecute law-breaking, just weeks after it launched an investigation into his controversial flat refurbishment.

Any criminal activity / Law breaking should be investigated by the Police, the CPS and tried in Court.

Latest Threads