Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Nothing like as delicious as watching the sudden hatred for him from those who previously worshipped him...
I'll have to disagree there; whilst some of us were probably over-impressed with Dom thanks to his stellar management of the Brexit campaign, his tendency "not to play well with others" always meant he was going to be a short term appointment (he even sadi so himself) which was going to be massively disruptive (one of his USPs). Admittedly I didn't foresee him attacking Boris quite so soon or Hancock so viscerally, but looking at his track record him doing so wasn't a huge shock.

On the other hand, Wozo and co now slavishly reporting his every tweet after baying for his blood over the "eyetest" drive up north is fcuking hilarious.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
You should have heard my missus after her trip to the hairdressers yesterday. She came in full of conspiracy stuff that would tip you well over the edge and my favourite was the Titanic was intentionally sunk. On balance my tinfoil opinions were based on statistical probabilities and the reality that covid spikes in the autumn anyway, but its far better if the number of infections are low, so a flattening of the curve now would help that.
Did she come back looking like this?

1623925468795.png

And IMHO you're fruitloopy if you really believe "on balance" in your "statistical probabilities" on this.

The PM seems to lean with the public and that's how it should be in a democracy. The mistakes in most cases were simply the science delivering evidence and the government acting on it. To some extent, its fair to say the government/science approach has accrued more deaths, but a stretch to put it all on the shoulders of the PM.
You've got a problem with evidence-based decision-making? What's the alternative - policy should be made according to "the will of the public" (presumably whatever someone's preferred newspaper's owner thinks it should be)?
  • One mistake was the decision to make space by clearing hospital wards of elderly patients, by sending them to care homes, but without testing them first. That spread the virus among those who could least withstand it; nothing "scientific evidence" there at all.
  • Then, there was the "ignore the evidence of Exercise CYGNUS and ignore any strategic stockpile of PPE" - after all, a pandemic was the number-one entry on the National Risk Register for several years. The exact opposite of "scientific evidence" there.
The PM's approach seems to be "put off any decision, while making populist noises" - it does have the advantage that fairly soon there's only two options left, but the disadvantage that you've missed your chances to choose better ones.

I'll have to disagree there; whilst some of us were probably over-impressed with Dom thanks to his stellar management of the Brexit campaign, his tendency "not to play well with others" always meant he was going to be a short term appointment (he even sadi so himself) which was going to be massively disruptive (one of his USPs). Admittedly I didn't foresee him attacking Boris quite so soon or Hancock so viscerally, but looking at his track record him doing so wasn't a huge shock.

On the other hand, Wozo and co now slavishly reporting his every tweet after baying for his blood over the "eyetest" drive up north is fcuking hilarious.

Which further indicates Bozo’s poor judgement on who he gets into bed with. Don’t be surprised that when you sack a jackal, it turns around and bites you.

I dislike Cummings, as I do Bozo, will I lose any sleep over Cummings spilling the beans? Probably not.

But for the Chinese Communist Party supressing information about the start of the pandemic, we wouldn't need to close our borders to anybody (apart from the Ffrench, obviously)
No shit.

But we should have closed our borders, Johnson failed to do so.

You've got a problem with evidence-based decision-making? What's the alternative - policy should be made according to "the will of the public" (presumably whatever someone's preferred newspaper's owner thinks it should be)?
  • One mistake was the decision to make space by clearing hospital wards of elderly patients, by sending them to care homes, but without testing them first. That spread the virus among those who could least withstand it; nothing "scientific evidence" there at all.
  • Then, there was the "ignore the evidence of Exercise CYGNUS and ignore any strategic stockpile of PPE" - after all, a pandemic was the number-one entry on the National Risk Register for several years. The exact opposite of "scientific evidence" there.
The PM's approach seems to be "put off any decision, while making populist noises" - it does have the advantage that fairly soon there's only two options left, but the disadvantage that you've missed your chances to choose better ones.
I don't have a problem with an evidence-based approach. But I do have a problem with people who believe themselves to be better interpreters of evidence because they're can view the evidence retrospectively as blindingly obvious course to follow.

Anyone with a scintilla of understanding about viruses knows that when it jumps from animal to human it does not behave the way covid behaves and usually you have time stretching over several years. The Government went from nought to a 100 in a matter of months and mistakes were inevitable.

The problem with you, is you've bought the Public Health argument that we need to doomsday prep for every eventuality and force people to lose weight, stop eating meat and keep fit, wear a mask and stay in your homes forever and generally destroy freedom in the pursuit of a chimera that most likely did come from a wuhan lab and was engineered to jump humans to account for its sudden spread.

Anyone with a scintilla of understanding about viruses knows that when it jumps from animal to human it does not behave the way covid behaves and usually you have time stretching over several years. The Government went from nought to a 100 in a matter of months and mistakes were inevitable.

Assume I know nothing about viruses. Do you have any evidence for this assertion?

Assume I know nothing about viruses. Do you have any evidence for this assertion?

Perhaps if the Chinese had been up front at the start, allowed a timely investigation we might have some evidence.

It reportedly started in Wuhan on 31 Dec 2019, which is rather odd as both the French and Italians have identified cases prior to this date.

Without wishing to get into a debate about Lab escapes / people eating animals - It is clear by the French and Italian reports, that Wu - Flu did not start on 31 Dec 2019, and had been on the go earlier than that.

How much earlier is anyone's guess.

Perhaps if the Chinese had been up front at the start, allowed a timely investigation we might have some evidence.

It reportedly started in Wuhan on 31 Dec 2019, which is rather odd as both the French and Italians have identified cases prior to this date.

Without wishing to get into a debate about Lab escapes / people eating animals - It is clear by the French and Italian reports, that Wu - Flu did not start on 31 Dec 2019, and had been on the go earlier than that.

All of that may very well be true, but I am still interested in this assertion that "anyone with a scintilla of understanding about viruses knows that when it jumps from animal to human it does not behave the way covid behaves".

The reek of bullshit is strong is with this one, but I will patiently await the evidence.

BoZo got his way with covid laws extension.. now London is going full retard with covid checkpoints...

Ffs a copper finally admitting its an offence to cycle on a footpath!!

SARs had a very similar timeline back in 2003 (November-March), but had likely being in china for a good while before anyone noticed and was nipped in the bud very quickly without the tsunami spread that Wu Flu seemed to exhibit (Covid was engineered to spread easier)

The bottom line is from day one the Covid story was politicised and we went from:-
Jan/Feb - Its racist to close the borders and that nice China cannot be blamed.
Mar - Its bad but not that bad.
Apr - Oh S***.
Onwards - Its the fault of 'insert name of domestic politicians fault'. With ALL the anti-racist posse very keen to deflect attention away from China.

most mistakes were made by Public Health England taking its eye of the ball on its day job which was readiness for pandemic into the world of 'woke' - fatness/sugar/alcohol unit pricing.

Whilst I will blame the govt for many things, they cannot be responsible for every detail of the plan and the abject failure of PHE and the NHS to prepare and carry out its doomsday planning.

the one thing that we have definitely put to bed after Brexit and this Covid is that experts can never be wrong! I'm not sure how we fix this problem, other than insisting that all expert panels carry a broader variety of experts with actual different opinions to make them debate alternative solutions or perhaps they should be term limited eg 6 month swap out for new experts who are maybe not focused on a single issue/plan - likewise with ministers, Han COCK should have been replaced after 6 months because even if he wasn't a totally useless bell end it is a terrible responsibility to be carrying for lengthy durations and a new minister would bring in fresh eyes and energy.

I know the vast majority of the fall out from all of this will go to the politicians because thats what the far left media wants but to make sure that we react better in the future we really do need to drill down into the failures in PHE, NHS, Social services, Education etc etc where many bad localised decisions were made

... (Covid was engineered to spread easier)
Really? I'd suggest that evolutionary pressure does a much better job, given the emergence of B and D variants.

It reportedly started in Wuhan on 31 Dec 2019
A Doctor acquaintance with friends/relatives in Hong Kong commented that there were rumours around Christmas 2019 that there was another illness spreading in the PRC. While that may be anecdata, I don't expect that the realistic start date was more than a few weeks, maybe a month or so, prior to that.

most mistakes were made by Public Health England taking its eye of the ball on its day job which was readiness for pandemic into the world of 'woke' - fatness/sugar/alcohol unit pricing.

Whilst I will blame the govt for many things, they cannot be responsible for every detail of the plan and the abject failure of PHE and the NHS to prepare and carry out its doomsday planning.

the one thing that we have definitely put to bed after Brexit and this Covid is that experts can never be wrong! I'm not sure how we fix this problem, other than insisting that all expert panels carry a broader variety of experts with actual different opinions to make them debate alternative solutions or perhaps they should be term limited eg 6 month swap out for new experts who are maybe not focused on a single issue/plan - likewise with ministers, Han COCK should have been replaced after 6 months because even if he wasn't a totally useless bell end it is a terrible responsibility to be carrying for lengthy durations and a new minister would bring in fresh eyes and energy.

I know the vast majority of the fall out from all of this will go to the politicians because thats what the far left media wants but to make sure that we react better in the future we really do need to drill down into the failures in PHE, NHS, Social services, Education etc etc where many bad localised decisions were made
Not heard of Ex. CYGNUS, then...

ETA; useful timeline...

Last edited:

Latest Threads