Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
"A bite!" is the usual response of the weakest posters...same as the ignore function...I've seen very few genuine windups on this site and those which were planned were obvious - Monsieur Pintleberry for instance.
I had a go with saying I'd applied for a slot as a Chelsea Pensioner, which didn't get much traction.

My thread about borrowing and then losing my RSMs medal rack saw the thickerati biting even more than I'd hoped.

In a house with mountain views and surrounded by green fields.

My house in Scotland also has views of rolling hills and surrounded by green fields.
Sounds nice (not so sure about Portree, TBH) but where do you live?

Do you deem any response a nibble and therefore some kind of victory?

Your bar could not be set any lower.
Not at all. I seek to learn and educate, not to win. I don’t consider Graculus’s responding to me as a victory, but I do see it as a good thing as it’s educational: (s)he is providing a counter-view which helps me understand where people are coming from and gets me to consider my own behaviours.

However, I do come from a naturally combative family with a strong affinity to winding people up. BB’s responses yesterday (multiple replies to single posts, insults, and personal message) are, to me, a very funny response. Especially as all I was doing was (persistently) asking him to back up his argument with facts. All he had to do to end the argument and “win” was to provide the evidence.

Not at all. I seek to learn and educate, not to win. I don’t consider Graculus’s responding to me as a victory, but I do see it as a good thing as it’s educational: (s)he is providing a counter-view which helps me understand where people are coming from and gets me to consider my own behaviours.

However, I do come from a naturally combative family with a strong affinity to winding people up. BB’s responses yesterday (multiple replies to single posts, insults, and personal message) are, to me, a very funny response. Especially as all I was doing was (persistently) asking him to back up his argument with facts. All he had to do to end the argument and “win” was to provide the evidence.
Liar.

Your Googling, copying and spellchecker are in error. You need to have them checked by somebody qualified.
Not really, but thanks for trying.

Guess you're still smarting from accidentally referring to me as a grown up, eh?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I had a go with saying I'd applied for a slot as a Chelsea Pensioner, which didn't get much traction.

My thread about borrowing and then losing my RSMs medal rack saw the thickerati biting even more than I'd hoped.
Got a link for the Chelsea Pensioner thread, I could do with a laugh, cheers.

Further, can you @WightMivvi not see the irony in endlessly wasting hours of the day responding to so called 'bites' when you yourself are biting at the responses?

A curious mindset
If you go back through my posts with BB over the last few days, you’ll notice that I have been consistent in asking for proof to back up his assertion. I didn’t descended into insults, I just kept asking for evidence. This is because the claim BB made could be a game changer in this debate and, if there is evidence of bribery, it should be highlighted.

I also highlighted the danger of libel as experience (e.g. Sally Berkow and Carole Cadwaller to name two) shows that the libelled can come after the poster rather than the platform. Personally, I don’t care if anyone sued BB, but I felt that, by highlighting the issue, it might encourage people to think before making unfounded allegations.

Of course, my being persistent (and suspecting BB couldn’t stop himself) and asking for evidence (rather than descend into insults) every time BB went full-wibble enabled me to repeatedly highlight the lack of evidence and got BB to show his unpleasant personality. It also seemed to get him into a bit of a frenzy, which appeals to my warped sense of humour. The personal message was the cherry on top. :-D

Once others suggested it was getting tedious, I stopped.

If you go back through my posts with BB over the last few days, you’ll notice that I have been consistent in asking for proof to back up his assertion. I didn’t descended into insults, I just kept asking for evidence. This is because the claim BB made could be a game changer in this debate and, if there is evidence of bribery, it should be highlighted.

I also highlighted the danger of libel as experience (e.g. Sally Berkow and Carole Cadwaller to name two) shows that the libelled can come after the poster rather than the platform. Personally, I don’t care if anyone sued BB, but I felt that, by highlighting the issue, it might encourage people to think before making unfounded allegations.

Of course, my being persistent (and suspecting BB couldn’t stop himself) and asking for evidence (rather than descend into insults) every time BB went full-wibble enabled me to repeatedly highlight the lack of evidence and got BB to show his unpleasant personality. It also seemed to get him into a bit of a frenzy, which appeals to my warped sense of humour. The personal message was the cherry on top. :-D

Once others suggested it was getting tedious, I stopped.
Utter, utter bollocks.

Tesseract

On ROPS
On ROPs

I see. I'm not sure that your style of declaring victory whenever any contributor either responds or rates one of your posts comes off as combative.

Unless the objective is pure trolling?

Latest Threads