Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Well, I wasn‘t expecting a nibble from you: you tend to go for bigger bait and don’t usually thrash around aimlessly ;)
"A bite!" is the usual response of the weakest posters...same as the ignore function...I've seen very few genuine windups on this site and those which were planned were obvious - Monsieur Pintleberry for instance.

"A bite!" is the usual response of the weakest posters...same as the ignore function...I've seen very few genuine windups on this site and those which were planned were obvious - Monsieur Pintleberry for instance.
Yet here we are having this discussion...

I actually got the expected response (negative button smashed) from my target so I’m moving on.

Well, I wasn‘t expecting a nibble from you: you tend to go for bigger bait and don’t usually thrash around aimlessly ;)

The ones I find most fascinating are when he gets in from Spoons after a long day and replies to every single post from that day with endless variations on the ever-popular, scathing, political arguments of "I know you are, but what am I?" and "Your Mum."

Daz

LE

I actually got the expected response (negative button smashed) from my target so I’m moving on.
To be fair, that's hardly a challenge ;)

So it's all a windup? Sure...

Button mashing was introduced by a few of the pro Brexit supporters who are no longer posting...no shock there, I don't give dumb or disagree votes...equally weak as the ignore function.

The ones I find most fascinating are when he gets in from Spoons after a long day and replies to every single post from that day
Only in your mind.
with endless variations on the ever-popular, scathing, political arguments of "I know you are, but what am I?" and "Your Mum."
Don't forget "Irony black hole" which is particularly relevant in your case.

To be fair, that's hardly a challenge ;)
Reading what I've actually written as opposed to what the voices say appears to be a challenge for many of you....

And a disagree from a numpty who i have on ignore ;-)
How weak do you have to be, that somebody disagreeing with another person triggers you so much you actually have to go online and tell people you're triggered by it?

They don't influence your life - Some of them have a single vote, which in itself will never influence your life.

I will happily give up my vote in return for cessation of taxation.
Where do you live?

Its not in the UK, is it?

Not that you'll answer.

Tesseract

On ROPS
On ROPs
How weak do you have to be, that somebody disagreeing with another person triggers you so much you actually have to go online and tell people you're triggered by it?
This mode of debate is curious. I've certainly not noticed it on other forums.

I would expect the patter and banter to have a more cutting edge.

Whereas the juvenile ripostes have all the edge of a tangerine, at least in the political threads

I don't give dumb or disagree votes...equally weak as the ignore function.
I can agree with that bit - I dislike the “ignore” capability as even utter mongs have valid concerns every now and again, and putting them on ignore risks missing out on their occasional useful post.

I also believe in social pressure and judgement as a tool of change. The number of drink-drivers has reduced in my lifetime because we are judgemental and negative towards drink-drivers and that makes it socially unacceptable to drink drive.

On a similar vein, poking the haters gets their stupidity and prejudices out into the open where reasonable people can provide a judgement and pressure.

As for the ”old” and “disagree” buttons, well, I feel I should engage and show why I disagree with someone rather than just mash the buttons.

Do you deem any response a nibble and therefore some kind of victory?

Your bar could not be set any lower.
When they've done imagining things that haven't been said, it's a fall back.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I can agree with that bit - I dislike the “ignore” capability as even utter mongs have valid concerns every now and again, and putting them on ignore risks missing out on their occasional useful post.

I also believe in social pressure and judgement as a tool of change. The number of drink-drivers has reduced in my lifetime because we are judgemental and negative towards drink-drivers and that makes it socially unacceptable to drink drive.

On a similar vein, poking the haters gets their stupidity and prejudices out into the open where reasonable people can provide a judgement and pressure.

As for the ”old” and “disagree” buttons, well, I feel I should engage and show why I disagree with someone rather than just mash the buttons.
The missing button is of course 'point and laugh'.

So useful for so many ...

Latest Threads