Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
But of course! Brexit remains a disaster, the Pandemit was poorly handled with the exception of the vaccine roll out, trade deals are behind what they were and BJ is apt at pissing of the EU. We have the smallest Armed Forces in centuries and due to cuts in overseas aid our international reach is dwindling. While BJ may have the ambitions of Disraeli he has turned the highly divided UK into Belgium with the Bomb, but without the friends.
I’m not entirely sure that any of that is true.

Its Hertfordshire.

It's full of ********* and deserves to be run by liberals. No sympathy from me
Fark off:p I live less than 5KM from those weirdos. Thankfully, my little bit of Hertfordshire is still blue.

Truxx

LE
In contrast what has the SNP got to do? It wouldn't be in their own interest to get Brexit done successfully or getting the economy on it's feet again.

If they did that what would be the point of independence? And they can blame the bad stuff on Westminster/Brexit.

Surely the best way to handle the situation would be to give them what they want; another referendum and honour the outcome?

One-way-or-another they're going to get it anyway.
Agreed.

Sooner the better.

From which I must assume that you are one of the people that need to be told, via legislation, rather than common sense, how to behave.

At least we have cleared that up.

ETA a further thought occurs. It was General David Ramsbottom who said, after his underhand "resignation" from the post of HM Inspector of Prisons (he discovered that he had "resigned" when he read about it in the newspaper) "just because it is written down does not mean it is going to happen"

I never thought I'd see someone on ARRSE recycling arguments from social anarchists groups and or defund the police.

Extremely odd.

This is truly amazing, a voter who genuinely thinks that closed police stations and hospital conditions in Hartlepool, were the fault of his previous MP and voting Conservative in a by election was a way to change that.

Daz

LE
This is truly amazing, a voter who genuinely thinks that closed police stations and hospital conditions in Hartlepool, were the fault of his previous MP and voting Conservative in a by election was a way to change that.

And that's a "real" conservative voter posting that tweet ....showing your true colour again @wetsmonkey

And that's a "real" conservative voter posting that tweet ....showing your true colour again @wetsmonkey

It shows the true lack of knowledge, when someone thinks that their local MP is responsible for National matters and that voting in someone from the ruling party of 11 years who made those policies is going to change it.

Even as a lifelong Conservative, I can tell you that it was a Conservative Government that caused those things and not the local Labour MP.

If you can’t work that out, you have problems. Bozo loves that type of closed mind.

Arse_Bandit

Old-Salt
It shows the true lack of knowledge, when someone thinks that their local MP is responsible for National matters and that voting in someone from the ruling party of 11 years who made those policies is going to change it.

Even as a lifelong Conservative, I can tell you that it was a Conservative Government that caused those things and not the local Labour MP.

If you can’t work that out, you have problems. Bozo loves that type of closed mind.
But the only way to change that national government is to vote for the MP yes? So why is he dumb for thinking that changing the MP might help focus the national governments mind on events there?

Daz

LE

You call yourself a Conservative voter, but once again after a great result for the party you're posting an anti - Conservative angle - The Labour Party is that way -->>

Which goes to show if you were a monkey and to stroll into Hartlepool today you would still get hanged...!

But the only way to change that national government is to vote for the MP yes? So why is he dumb for thinking that changing the MP might help focus the national governments mind on events there?

Because we have had that government for 11 years and the things he is complaining about were caused by them. He doesn’t have the sense to see that and thinks the opposition MP who has no power is responsible. He then votes for an MP who is part of the party in power for 11 years and thinks things will change.

You call yourself a Conservative voter, but once again after a great result for the party you're posting an anti - Conservative angle - The Labour Party is that way -->>

Because as a lifelong Conservative, I don’t see things in a binary fashion and am able to see and think for myself.

Because we have had that government for 11 years and the things he is complaining about were caused by them. He doesn’t have the sense to see that and thinks the opposition MP who has no power is responsible. He then votes for an MP who is part of the party in power for 11 years and thinks things will change.
I agree with you, but be prepared for a shed-load of cash to suddenly appear from central govt, Is it a 'bribe'/ a 'long game'/ genuine funds to fix something broken.
Broken for a while? How strange and coincidental for it to turn up now...and who broke it?

I agree with you, but be prepared for a shed-load of cash to suddenly appear from central govt, Is it a 'bribe'/ a 'long game'/ genuine funds to fix something broken.
Broken for a while? How strange and coincidental for it to turn up now...and who broke it?
I should be so cynical...it's politics.
And the trouble with saying 'oh, they're all at it' is ignoring it & allowing it to become normal