Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not aware that significant numbers of healthcare workers have refused to get vaccinated. There is a problem in the care work sector. Some home care providers have already sacked staff that refuse vaccination. Quite right too. Hopefully the NHS will go down the same route. I would not want to deal with a healthcare provider who was too stupid to take a vaccine. What other stupidity might they be involved in?
Homeopathy?

I'm not aware that significant numbers of healthcare workers have refused to get vaccinated. There is a problem in the care work sector. Some home care providers have already sacked staff that refuse vaccination. Quite right too. Hopefully the NHS will go down the same route. I would not want to deal with a healthcare provider who was too stupid to take a vaccine. What other stupidity might they be involved in?
My 84 year old mum was in a care home convalescing (No visitors allowed due to Covid) after a fall at home just after Christmas but she still ended up with Covid 3 weeks after having her first jab.
She is very clear that a significant number of the staff (who must have been the vector for it) told her they would not have the jab. She was also clear that they were all Eastern European so I presume there is some sort of cultural reason.
She was not a happy bunny, and let everyone know :).
Thankfully, she is now back at home.

My 84 year old mum was in a care home convalescing (No visitors allowed due to Covid) after a fall at home just after Christmas but she still ended up with Covid 3 weeks after having her first jab.
She is very clear that a significant number of the staff (who must have been the vector for it) told her they would not have the jab. She was also clear that they were all Eastern European so I presume there is some sort of cultural reason.
She was not a happy bunny, and let everyone know :).
Thankfully, she is now back at home.

There is rampant Russian Information operations against vaccination in the Ukraine right now, for one example.

Theories vary, some just the Russian desire to destablise Ukraine. Possible the desire to de-legitimise alternative vaccines, so they can supply the Sputnik V vaccine.

I'm not well read enough, and do not read Russian, to understand myself.

It seems to be regional thing, with Wales and London leading the defaulters.

Given that London is the major conurbation and will employ by far the greatest number of NHS staff, the numerical translation of a 21% default rate is very concerning. The numeric default rate of frontline staff throughout England is around 80,000 (about the size of the regular army).

What a dysfunctional and distrustful life Bozo must live, people inside government and supposed friends with all his past secrets.

Who is “the chatty rat” and what will they leak next?

Suspenseful.
1619174170373.png

WightMivvi

War Hero
What a dysfunctional and distrustful life Bozo must live, people inside government and supposed friends with all his past secrets.

Who is “the chatty rat” and what will they leak next?

Suspenseful.
Calm down dear.

Politics is always about handling people waiting to stab you in the back. I suspect most politicians have dysfunctional and distrustful lives, with people inside government and supposed friends knowing your secrets.

It’s why party whips are so effective.

I’ll just highlight that the excitement you’re feeling at the thought of a Boris / Dom fight has changed your focus away from who paid to decorate the flat or who may be texting the PM.

I’d say the “chatty rat“ narrative is changing your focus quite well and is working as intended.

The question to ask isn’t “Am I being paranoid?”, it’s “Am I being paranoid enough?” ;)

Calm down dear.

Politics is always about handling people waiting to stab you in the back. I suspect most politicians have dysfunctional and distrustful lives, with people inside government and supposed friends knowing your secrets.

It’s why party whips are so effective.

I’ll just highlight that the excitement you’re feeling at the thought of a Boris / Dom fight has changed your focus away from who paid to decorate the flat or who may be texting the PM.

I’d say the “chatty rat“ narrative is changing your focus quite well and is working as intended.

The question to ask isn’t “Am I being paranoid?”, it’s “Am I being paranoid enough?” ;)

You can trust me.
220px-The_Smoking_Man_%28X-Files%29.jpg

How wonderfully ironic.
It's another dead cat, something this gov excels at. It was a Labour spy in the CS last week if you recall. Anything to keep this off the front pages.

That while genuine experts waited months on end to hear back on their offers for help, those who zoomed in the right circles were able to make hundreds of millions of pounds.

This echoes a report by the National Audit Office last November, which revealed that suppliers invited to use the VIP “high-priority” lane were 10 times more likely to be successful

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/...is-johnson-james-dyson-greensill-b931333.html

It's all perfectly reasonable, nothing to see here, move along.

It's another dead cat, something this gov excels at. It was a Labour spy in the CS last week if you recall. Anything to keep this off the front pages.

That while genuine experts waited months on end to hear back on their offers for help, those who zoomed in the right circles were able to make hundreds of millions of pounds.

This echoes a report by the National Audit Office last November, which revealed that suppliers invited to use the VIP “high-priority” lane were 10 times more likely to be successful

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/...is-johnson-james-dyson-greensill-b931333.html

They still haven’t concluded their leak investigation from 6 months ago. They like leaks when it suits them so it’s difficult for them to know what to do.

Haha! My local Tory MP and Police commisioner just doorstepped me for the upcoming elections. Been ranting at them for the past 15 minutes about Illegal Immigration and Law and Order. :D

The stench is just normalised now. People have become nose blind to it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The stench is just normalised now. People have become nose blind to it.
You must be living this! Made your weekend for you.

Still, it won't harm the Prime Minister and is just the media realising that Brexit and Covid stories are actually good news therefore not part of their anti Boris agenda! ;)

Enjoy yourself while you can.

Daz

LE

I'm shocked that people and firms that were invited to use a high-priority service were more successful than those who were not.......it's almost like there was a reason why they were invited in the first place

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm shocked that people and firms that were invited to use a high-priority service were more successful than those who were not.......it's almost like there was a reason why they were invited in the first place
Except that the ‘corrupt’ firms that used unfair influence - Greensill, Dyson didn’t actually get the contracts. Dyson lost £20 million on the deal but never let the facts get in the way of Grrrr Boris Grrrr.

It's no shock that you don't think it strange that people with no experience were awarded contracts in preference to those with experience.

Can't beat the cult of personality for getting away with shit.

Latest Threads