Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
If I went shagging during police work time, it would be gross misconduct. If I did it as a married soldier it would fail the service test.

We have politicians who enforce codes and standards on public sector workers but feel free to do exactly what they want with impunity.

It’s hypocritical.

But, thus it ever was.

Well, except for the work of Mssrs Northcote and Trevelyan we'd have been in a much worse state.

Time to abolish that other bit of Victorian meritocratic BS as well.

That's done and dusted isn't it?

The full report is here

The moral I extract from this is to be sure to delete all records and blame bad record keeping.

:)

View attachment 567077
I’m sure I read that there was a part of the London Council that were looking into specific allegations that were made more recently.

I disagree.

It reads to me as being a case of, “If you come here to help the UK save lives in the midst of a pandemic, we’ll agree not to punish you financially whilst you are saving lives.”

Whilst I agree it is unorthodox, and that rich people having a route straight to the PM is not something I’m keen on, an alternative interpretation of this particular situation is that Boris was taking a hands-on approach to help remove anything that might deter people from saving lives in the UK.

That’s a good thing.
Agreed fully.
There’s another key point, though: who leaked this, and to what purpose?

Actingunpaid

Old-Salt
I think the grrrrr brigade are a bit lost without The Donald so are concentrating on the other character in their book,the batshitmentalist howlers.

bojo.png

Agreed fully.
There’s another key point, though: who leaked this, and to what purpose?
If I were a cynical man I might think that with the UK doing so well on vaccinations and re-opening the economy that people who don’t like Boris are trying to find something else to use against him.

If I were a cynical man I might think that with the UK doing so well on vaccinations and re-opening the economy that people who don’t like Boris are trying to find something else to use against him.

They can’t find stuff that doesn’t exist. It doesn’t seem difficult to find sleaze on Bozo.

Not the ‘how’, the ‘why’ now and not a year ago if, as you postulated, it was about ‘honesty and transparency’.
But of course you knew that.

Maybe they didn’t have the material a year ago.

Normally, I’d agree with you (I know -wtaf! ;)). Being a soldier shouldn’t protect you from the legal consequences of your actions.

However...

As we have given immunity from prosecution to the other side, we should also give the same immunity to our side.

I have no problem with an inquiry, I have no problem if that inquiry concluded that British soldiers committed murder, and I have no problem with that inquiry asking that the British government pays some sort of compensation. But, as we have given immunity to “Irish” murderers, we should do the same for British murderers.

Lets "our" killers (if they are guilty) get away with it, because the other side might get away with it?
You equate the British army with the murderers of the IRA?

Do you have the same view for nonces and any other criminal as well?

Embarrassing.

Attachments

• B02D450B-D578-40EC-99FE-A61316016D45.png
    B02D450B-D578-40EC-99FE-A61316016D45.png
    844.9 KB · Views: 4
Possibly, possibly not.

But the clubs clearly felt that withdrawing from the ESL was the best thing for their businesses.

Correct, but they would have listened to their accountants, not their fans.

They can’t find stuff that doesn’t exist. It doesn’t seem difficult to find sleaze on Bozo.
I didn’t say it didn’t exist. I suggested that this might be coming out now as they can’t use the countries vaccination program or reopening of the economy as a stick to beat him with.

Yep, but if the fans hadn’t taken such strong actions then their accountants might have offered different advice.

I doubt it, they were never really interested in their home fans (Those who go to the stadiums), the whole thing looked like it was an attempt to cash in on the worldwide audience.

If the league would have gone ahead, we all know very few home fans would have voted with their feet.

I doubt it, they were never really interested in their home fans (Those who go to the stadiums), the whole thing looked like it was an attempt to cash in on the worldwide audience.

If the league would have gone ahead, we all know very few home fans would have voted with their feet.
If you say so.