Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Which means closed leagues aren't really the problem.
In theory the whole of the FA is closed, because if I remember the rules correctly, teams in the FA cant play UK teams that aren't in the FA.
But The FA isn’t a league, it is the sports governing body in England.

There’s nothing to stop a team playing in an unsanctioned match, but I think they would lose insurance and anything else that their membership of The FA would normally entitle them to. The FA also wouldn’t be able to take disciplinary action against players, and there would be nothing to stop banned players from taking part.

Unaffiliated leagues are where a lot of the thugs who have sine die bans go, because they can’t play for an clubs registered with The FA.

It is the same if two teams from different leagues just decide to play a friendly, they can both be registered with The FA but if the match isnt arranged correctly it is still unsanctioned.

As a referee if I officiated in an unsanctioned game I wouldn’t be entitle to insurance for myself or my kit, wouldn’t get any support from my county FA if anything happened I.e I was assaulted, and I could also get fined and or banned from officiating.

The fact The FA don’t make any money out of unsanctioned matches has absolutely nothing to do with it...

I am glad you are glad.

Although you have obviously never had anything to do with Government infrastructure costs.2.6M looks a bit of a bargain to me. Especially spread over the next 15 years at least.
How does the cost look spread over the couple of months it’s actually going to be used for?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Amazing, the BBC is screaming its head off about Boris texting Dyson, because that's Baaaaad, and Chauvin being convicted in the US because that's gooood, but are strangely quiet about Johnny Mercer being sacked by Boris because he informed the PM he would resign over the Bloody Sunday trial due to start shortly, presumably because even though it's bad news for Boris, trying soldiers for murder 50 odd years on for political reasons is... good?

But The FA isn’t a league, it is the sports governing body in England.

There’s nothing to stop a team playing in an unsanctioned match, but I think they would lose insurance and anything else that their membership of The FA would normally entitle them to. The FA also wouldn’t be able to take disciplinary action against players, and there would be nothing to stop banned players from taking part.

Unaffiliated leagues are where a lot of the thugs who have sine die bans go, because they can’t play for an clubs registered with The FA.

It is the same if two teams from different leagues just decide to play a friendly, they can both be registered with The FA but if the match isnt arranged correctly it is still unsanctioned.

As a referee if I officiated in an unsanctioned game I wouldn’t be entitle to insurance for myself or my kit, wouldn’t get any support from my county FA if anything happened I.e I was assaulted, and I could also get fined and or banned from officiating.

The fact The FA don’t make any money out of unsanctioned matches has absolutely nothing to do with it...

The FA might not be a league but it is (or at least was) a closed shop.

I remember quite some time ago a school withdrawing from a League because the rules said they couldnt play against youth clubs, Scouts etc who werent part of the FA.

I was googling the football leagues around the world that are closed shops when I found this story.

Its not often I agree with the Mirror, but its true.

Here are some football leagues with have no promotion or relegation.

I can guarantee you if the premiership announced tomorrow that it was going to be a closed shop the vast majority of teams (mainly those who don't finish in the top 5 very often) would be fully supportive, its only wrong when they cant be part of one.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Amazing, the BBC is screaming its head off about Boris texting Dyson, because that's Baaaaad, and Chauvin being convicted in the US because that's gooood, but are strangely quiet about Johnny Mercer being sacked by Boris because he informed the PM he would resign over the Bloody Sunday trial due to start shortly, presumably because even though it's bad news for Boris, trying soldiers for murder 50 odd years on for political reasons is... good?
Standard 21st century BBC output. Nothing to see here, Grrrr on.

Or because they might have broke the law eh?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
The FA might not be a league but it is (or at least was) a closed shop.

I remember quite some time ago a school withdrawing from a League because the rules said they couldnt play against youth clubs, Scouts etc who werent part of the FA.

I was googling the football leagues around the world that are closed shops when I found this story.

Its not often I agree with the Mirror, but its true.

Here are some football leagues with have no promotion or relegation.

I can guarantee you if the premiership announced tomorrow that it was going to be a closed shop the vast majority of teams (mainly those who don't finish in the top 5 very often) would be fully supportive, its only wrong when they cant be part of one.
Maybe, maybe not.

Considering the backlash from the fans of the 6 clubs who would have benefitted from this was huge, I don’t think it would have gotten the support you think it would.

I did here that Chelsea fans stopped the Chelsea team coach from getting into the stadium for their game last night because they weren’t happy about Chelsea joining the ESL.

Maybe, maybe not.

Considering the backlash from the fans of the 6 clubs who would have benefitted from this was huge, I don’t think it would have gotten the support you think it would.

I did here that Chelsea fans stopped the Chelsea team coach from getting into the stadium for their game last night because they weren’t happy about Chelsea joining the ESL.

The backlash was from the fans who normally go to the match, most of the teams (possibly not Spurs) have millions of fans all over the world who didnt care one way or other about the league.

Oh bore off, you permanently angry little storeman.

Oh dear, do you believe that all ex soldiers are heroes and would never ever break the law.
6 ex soldiers are charged with offences relating to northern Ireland and you think its all for political reasons? Not because unarmed civvies were killed :roll:

The backlash was from the fans who normally go to the match, most of the teams (possibly not Spurs) have millions of fans all over the world who didnt care one way or other about the league.
Possibly, possibly not.

But the clubs clearly felt that withdrawing from the ESL was the best thing for their businesses.

It’s stinks.

1618993118230.png

WightMivvi

War Hero
It’s stinks.

I disagree.

It reads to me as being a case of, “If you come here to help the UK save lives in the midst of a pandemic, we’ll agree not to punish you financially whilst you are saving lives.”

Whilst I agree it is unorthodox, and that rich people having a route straight to the PM is not something I’m keen on, an alternative interpretation of this particular situation is that Boris was taking a hands-on approach to help remove anything that might deter people from saving lives in the UK.

That’s a good thing.

I disagree.

It reads to me as being a case of, “If you come here to help the UK save lives in the midst of a pandemic, we’ll agree not to punish you financially whilst you are saving lives.”

Whilst I agree it is unorthodox, and that rich people having a route straight to the PM is not something I’m keen on, an alternative interpretation of this particular situation is that Boris was taking a hands-on approach to help remove anything that might deter people from saving lives in the UK.

That’s a good thing.
It’s only a bad thing because Boris did it.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh dear, do you believe that all ex soldiers are heroes and would never ever break the law.
6 ex soldiers are charged with offences relating to northern Ireland and you think its all for political reasons? Not because unarmed civvies were killed :roll:
Post 31329 refers.

I am glad you are glad.

Although you have obviously never had anything to do with Government infrastructure costs.2.6M looks a bit of a bargain to me. Especially spread over the next 15 years at least.

Oh that 2.6 million would normally just get us a scredriver to be sure!

Sad that we won't see him stride out betwixt Union Flags though.

Latest Threads