Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
LK and RP must be furious that their efforts have not only been in vain but probably have helped PMBJ as he stood up to their asinine questioning and walked the walk instead of just talking!

Somewhat different north of the border.
Well in our household we regard the BBC as the Labour Broadcasting service- which in reality it is.

That's a rapidly changing picture though isn't it?
The key point being trust, even North of the Wall trust in Boris is creeping slowly up whilst trust in Holyrood and the SNP is plummeting
Shame Ruthie is off.

Shame Ruthie is off.
I think she's long outlived her usefulness as leader of SCUP despite still having a bit of fight left in her (calming down for HoL perhaps).

She will continue to good work on behalf of/for Scotland in the HoL, shame that there's no-one behind her worthy of taking her place (that I know about).

Well it is “something” but we can ignore it

contempt and disgust, we’ll can we have our money back. A heavy dose of Pfft,
?
They May as well call it the 1 o clock speculation.

You don’t get a refund on your taxes because you don’t like what is being done with them.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You don’t get a refund on your taxes because you don’t like what is being done with them.
He is not asking for his taxes back.

That's a rapidly changing picture though isn't it?
The key point being trust, even North of the Wall trust in Boris is creeping slowly up whilst trust in Holyrood and the SNP is plummeting

To be honest, I think plummeting trust in the SNP (Independence now back to 50/50 on latest poll, according to Radio 4 this morning) is more to do with the EU vaccines fiasco than the Sturgeon/Salmond spat.

The Scots are still a canny lot deep down, and I think it is rapidly starting to dawn on them that as a small player in the EU, they may be jumping out of the perceived frying pan into the very real fire...

To be honest, I think plummeting trust in the SNP (Independence now back to 50/50 on latest poll, according to Radio 4 this morning) is more to do with the EU vaccines fiasco than the Sturgeon/Salmond spat.

The Scots are still a canny lot deep down, and I think it is rapidly starting to dawn on them that as a small player in the EU, they may be jumping out of the perceived frying pan into the very real fire...

Hard to tell whether its the vaccines or the internal meltdown

Sturgeon has one great skill, she keeps repeating a lie until everybody accepts it as the truth.
Thats what she has done on vaccines and that is what she will do on the Salmond affair

It isn't really working anymore and now the Scots are losing faith in her it will be a rapid fall from grace

Hard to tell whether its the vaccines or the internal meltdown

Sturgeon has one great skill, she keeps repeating a lie until everybody accepts it as the truth.
Thats what she has done on vaccines and that is what she will do on the Salmond affair

It isn't really working anymore and now the Scots are losing faith in her it will be a rapid fall from grace

A common skill on this side of the border as well.

A common skill on this side of the border as well.

It's what politicians do.

However the point stands, Sturgeon excels at it.

Sturgeons trouble is that all she delivers is rhetoric, no results.
Boris at least has delivered Brexit and a world class supply of Covid vaccines

I expect politicians to lie to me. I'm bright enough to usually be capable of going to find out the truth for myself.
I also like politicians to deliver at least some of what they prommissed me in return for my vote. Sturgeon has only succeeded in the lie bit

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Sleazy.

I wonder if there will be enough left over for a holiday to The Caribbean?

Doesn't appear to be sleazy at all to me - essentially not particularly different than party funding from donors, but collected for a specific, notified purpose. Better than using Government money to give the No 10 flat a lick of ocelot nipple paint and lay the tofu & hemp carpet. Not to mention the cost of lava lamps.

In fact it will be managed as a charity, so it will be subject to strict regulation.

Doesn't appear to be sleazy at all to me - essentially not particularly different than party funding from donors, but collected for a specific, notified purpose. Better than using Government money to give the No 10 flat a lick of ocelot nipple paint and lay the tofu & hemp carpet. Not to mention the cost of lava lamps.

In fact it will be managed as a charity, so it will be subject to strict regulation.
Ah but...... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The Charity Commission said it was not aware of any application to set up a Downing Street charity.

Latest Threads