Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Sarcasm: Guilty. Abuse: Are you sure you served in the Army? No need to spit your dummy out dear, that's gentle mockery.

More than happy to discuss any topic, as long as it's not a one-sided hatchet job to further your biased denigration of the PM.

"Biased denigration" = I don't like your opinion

iu

I enjoy watching certainty in both tribes.

And I humbly beg your forgiveness for seeking dare to question the Prime Minister.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
"Biased denigration" = I don't like your opinion

iu

I enjoy watching certainty in both tribes.

And I humbly beg your forgiveness for seeking dare to question the Prime Minister.
You'll no doubt be immensely relieved to read that I have no problem with either duck or rabbit based deities, nor with fair criticism of the PM. I do however draw the line at continual repetition of "Graaah! BORIS!" which seems to be your main input, which I then highlight as rather silly and vindictive. Take heart, you are not yet at the Wozo stage of jumping up and down in your cage flinging your own dung whenever you manage to dig up some confected issue to get angry with the PM over. There's hope for you yet...

To change the subject, I am rather concerned with the reported lack of grip over the Scottish independence issue in No 10, as discussed here:

From the sound of it, there is a plan which in outline is agreed, but no one is grasping the thistle tightly enough yet. Gove is probably best placed to form a broad unionist coalition, but at present there's nobody kicking Sturgeon in the nuts whilst she's distracted by Salmond's wandering hands accusations, which could be a huge mistake. Or is it just a matter of waiting until the time is right to launch her pills into her throat?

To change the subject, I am rather concerned with the reported lack of grip over the Scottish independence issue in No 10, as discussed here:
I don't see the problem. He told her No.
So the balls in her court and there are already murmurings that Scot Parliament is ineffective, what with Crown office getting involved. She really only has one option UDI! One is beginning to wonder if her constant nagging is more to do with a possible rejig of devolution after the Pandemic rather than the real interests of Scotland and she'll lose both since the Westmonster SNP gang can't win against the Government. What you might call a real Mary Queen of Scots moment

You can have them put me on the Enemies of the People list.

That'll learn me for my bias.

Stoning is cheaper if you're a bit borassic. Can't beat a nice torch-lit stave and pitchfork mob, I always say.

All those flickering flames - homely-like.

You'll no doubt be immensely relieved to read that I have no problem with either duck or rabbit based deities, nor with fair criticism of the PM. I do however draw the line at continual repetition of "Graaah! BORIS!" which seems to be your main input, which I then highlight as rather silly and vindictive. Take heart, you are not yet at the Wozo stage of jumping up and down in your cage flinging your own dung whenever you manage to dig up some confected issue to get angry with the PM over. There's hope for you yet...

From the sound of it, there is a plan which in outline is agreed, but no one is grasping the thistle tightly enough yet. Gove is probably best placed to form a broad unionist coalition, but at present there's nobody kicking Sturgeon in the nuts whilst she's distracted by Salmond's wandering hands accusations, which could be a huge mistake. Or is it just a matter of waiting until the time is right to launch her pills into her throat?

Was the plan to employ somebody to head up The Union Unit for 2 weeks before they resigned, having not really agreed what each other’s views on how to run the unit were?

Was the plan to employ somebody to head up The Union Unit for 2 weeks before they resigned, having not really agreed what each other’s views on how to run the unit were?
Why don’t you ask somebody who may actually know what the plan was?

I suspect that not too many subscribers to Arrse are on the Govenment Appointee Selection Panel and thus a definitive answer to your childish question may be best sought elsewhere.

Why don’t you ask somebody who may actually know what the plan was?

I suspect that not too many subscribers to Arrse are on the Govenment Appointee Selection Panel and thus a definitive answer to your childish question may be best sought elsewhere.

Cheers Research Boy.

@Themanwho, indicated “that from the sound of it there is a plan which in outline is agreed”.

So he obviously has an element of knowledge about the matter. Which makes it fair to respond

Given that last week, Oliver Lewis resigned from his post as head of The Union Unit after 2 weeks in post, with differences over approach cited, which miraculously weren’t identified at the time of giving him the job, it’s seems reasonable to ask if this shambles is the plan, let’s hope not.

What’s the plan this week?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I doubt it. But I doubt your dung-flinging characterisation of the course of events even more .

Clean up outside the finite monkey cage!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Cheers Research Boy.

@Themanwho, indicated “that from the sound of it there is a plan which in outline is agreed”.

So he obviously has an element of knowledge about the matter. Which makes it fair to respond

Given that last week, Oliver Lewis resigned from his post as head of The Union Unit after 2 weeks in post, with differences over approach cited, which miraculously weren’t identified at the time of giving him the job, it’s seems reasonable to ask if this shambles is the plan, let’s hope not.

There's this wonderful new capability, known as "reading the links provided", which is available even to dung-flinging primates. Using this simple method you should be able to answer your own questions and stop cluttering up the internet with such worthy queries as "Why is the sky blue, and how is it Boris's fault?". You never know, you might even form an opinion which doesn't involve blaming Boris for everything.

Or you could continue rolling around in your own sh1t and intolerance. Your choice.

Actingunpaid

Old-Salt
Cheers Research Boy.

I would imagine anyone who worked with you would apply for a new post in a considerably shorter time than 2 weeks.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What did we do that Europe didn’t or vice versa? Very sad and possibly avoidable.

Are we returning yet again to the fact that the UK count the Covid figures differently to EU?

Kinda makes this quote seem apt
Torture numbers, and they'll confess to anything. ~Gregg Easterbrook

Arse_Bandit

Old-Salt
What did we do that Europe didn’t or vice versa? Very sad and possibly avoidable.

Well apart from the completely different way we count deaths, I think we were unlucky with the Kent variant, lucky that the vaccines still seem to be effective against it. hence the peak and now drop. This is only an assumption on my part, I'm not an Epidemiologist.

In the Horizon Special the new Variant is almost the only variant appearing in testing now, unfortunately I can't find the actual chart online and can't be aresed to go through the program and screenshot it.

Well apart from the completely different way we count deaths, I think we were unlucky with the Kent variant, lucky that the vaccines still seem to be effective against it. hence the peak and now drop. This is only an assumption on my part, I'm not an Epidemiologist.

In the Horizon Special the new Variant is almost the only variant appearing in testing now, unfortunately I can't find the actual chart online and can't be aresed to go through the program and screenshot it.
In data analysis, the UK curve makes a lot of sense and the flatter EU flat peak makes a lot less sense.

Are we returning yet again to the fact that the UK count the Covid figures differently to EU?

Kinda makes this quote seem apt
Torture numbers, and they'll confess to anything. ~Gregg Easterbrook
Several people have made this statement, that the UK count the Covid figures differently to the EU? Can you explain for me what that difference is?
The UK has two figure
- Deaths within 28 days of a positive test, and
- Deaths where COVID is mention as a direct or contributory cause on the death certificate

How is it done in the EU?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Several people have made this statement, that the UK count the Covid figures differently to the EU? Can you explain for me what that difference is?
The UK has two figure
- Deaths within 28 days of a positive test, and
- Deaths where COVID is mention as a direct or contributory cause on the death certificate

How is it done in the EU?
In many EU countries, it is only mentioned if Covid was the actual cause of death, not whether the person had been tested positive in past 28 days.

Latest Threads