Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Consider the alternative - would this have been better? I think not....

2016_50_corbyn_opener.png

Anyway, looking scruffy didn't stop this chap having a brain the size of a planet and pushing the boundaries of theoretical physics...

1614074076667.jpeg

Perhaps you should look past the haircut and consider the man instead.

Daz

LE
Consider the alternative - would this have been better? I think not....

2016_50_corbyn_opener.png

Anyway, looking scruffy didn't stop this chap having a brain the size of a planet and pushing the boundaries of theoretical physics...

View attachment 551880

Perhaps you should look past the haircut and consider the man instead.
In Corbyn's case, people did consider the man, hence Boris's 80 seat majority :)

In Corbyn's case, people did consider the man, hence Boris's 80 seat majority :)

The agony of choice.

Aligned to Russia by choice*, or someone who just likes Russian money.

Lucky lucky us.

*or insert your enemy of choice, Hamas, Hezbollah, P/IRA.

Yahoo's coverage of Boris' route map announcement included a survey of people's reactions.

It did NOT give an indication of the size of the survey or how exactly it was carried out, but the results are interesting.

What do you think of Boris Johnson's lockdown-easing roadmap?

33%
It's too fast

22%
It's too slow

45%
He's got it just right

Manna from heaven for the media. Wait for the howls:

"Most people think that BORIS HAS GOT IT WRONG!"

A third of people say "SLOW DOWN!"

Nearly a quarter of people say: "SPEED UP!"

Whatever, I don't expect many of them to say "Good effort in an unprecedented pandemic, Boris".

Not the first time people have opted for 'Groundhog Day' !

A Labour MP, now a Lord, criticises Johnson because

said it was a "matter of great regret" that there were currently no out cabinet ministers.

So, there could be some, but they have not come out yet.

That would be an issue for them to decide whether to come out or not, nothing to do with Johnson.

And this is a Lord ? Get f***ing rid of the whole lot and come up with something better.

And this is a Lord ? Get f***ing rid of the whole lot and come up with something better.

No one is going to loose such a wonderful tool of patronage!

On whom will it be unleashed?

It used to be that Conservatives were pragmatic; so I'd just say bring some money.

In these ideological times - I'd say best bring Pounds, or Roubles; but not Euros?

iu

Still doesn't answer the question.

On whom will this wonderful tool of patronage be loosed?

Is that like Oliver Reed allegedly used to refer to his todger as his 'wand of lust'?

House of Lords reform is the wilderness of UK politics. Everyone says someone should do something about it, but it is just too helpful when you are the Prime Minsiter and party in power. There's those grandees to enoble, allies to raise to a peerage, some civil servants to pop in there.

I guess we'll just have more of the same, with a bit of wildness put in; Claire Fox is a bit of an oddity.

Still, chums with the IT Crowd (or is it "In Crowd").

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

That whooshing sound you hear? It's losers on the loose, getting looser. Don't lose hope though. Some people won't lose the loose construction of spelling.
;-)

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Is that like Oliver Reed allegedly used to refer to his todger as his 'wand of lust'?

House of Lords reform is the wilderness of UK politics. Everyone says someone should do something about it, but it is just too helpful when you are the Prime Minsiter and party in power. There's those grandees to enoble, allies to raise to a peerage, some civil servants to pop in there.

I guess we'll just have more of the same, with a bit of wildness put in; Claire Fox is a bit of an oddity.

Still, chums with the IT Crowd (or is it "In Crowd").

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Yes, it is.

Not a stick to beat Boris with specifically, rather a not-quite-benign tumour across the whole political establishment which appears to be inoperable so far.

You could just as easily have put up a picture of Shami Chakrabarti or Lord Sainsbury.

Yes, it is.

Not a stick to beat Boris with specifically, rather a not-quite-benign tumour across the whole political establishment which appears to be inoperable so far.

You could just as easily have put up a picture of Shami Chakrabarti or Lord Sainsbury.

Indeed.

And I have not much time for Dame Whitewash.

Nor do I have for some son of a KGB officer.

Shame the PM does really?