Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Investors & markets showing confidence post PM's lockdown lift speech. IIRC must be the highest we've seen pre Brexit referendum.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mrs Slocombe

Old-Salt
God, look at him.

1614010499540.png

Boris is looking shattered again this afternoon (who wouldn’t be?), but watching and listening to the ‘opposition’* responses - bile, bitterness, negativity and zero credit to the Government whatsoever, I’m so pleased he is at the helm and none of that lot!

*So far, I’ve heard Starmer, Blackford, Davey, the bint from Plaid (no idea), Caroline Lucas and joy of joys, the without Portfolio, Jeremy Corbyn, fresh from his allotment no doubt.
Political Pygmies the lot of them!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Mostly you are drawn to the bail of straw on his bonce, but I think that he is making the point that he is following CV-19 guidelines and not going to or bringing in a hairdresser.

Mind you, I think his bidie-in is making the point that she is not his slave and won't do his ironing.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Boris is looking shattered again this afternoon (who wouldn’t be?), but watching and listening to the ‘opposition’* responses - bile, bitterness, negativity and zero credit to the Government whatsoever, I’m so pleased he is at the helm and none of that lot!

*So far, I’ve heard Starmer, Blackford, Davey, the bint from Plaid (no idea), Caroline Lucas and joy of joys, the without Portfolio, Jeremy Corbyn, fresh from his allotment no doubt.
Political Pygmies the lot of them!
Be fair man, do you not see the pleasure the PM gets in shooting down Fatty Blackford yet again. At least allow the poor benighted PM some pleasures.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Putting a pudding basin on your bonce and running the scissors around isn't "immaculate" ;-)
I imagine the French lady she shacks up with in Dunblane is a skilled coiffeuse...

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Interesting article in the Speccy comparing Boris to Blair in his pursuit of the all-important middle ground:

Not the most flattering of comparisons by any means, but an intriguing view of Starmer's likely fortunes:

So if Boris is like Blair what does this mean for Starmer? The current Labour leader is often compared to Ed Miliband but there is a better, much more fitting parallel: William Hague. Both have many things going for them, not least that they pass the ‘Can you imagine them in front of Number 10 as prime minster?’ test.

But unfortunately perhaps for Starmer, as with Hague, he became leader of his party at a time when it was at too low a point to be immediately rescued. Worse than that, Hague – as with Starmer – was put up against someone who had blocked out too much centre ground territory for the leader of the opposition to gain any foothold with the public. In other words, like Hague, Starmer’s leadership might have been doomed from the start.

Perhaps Starmer will get lucky and some of the problems Boris has stored up will come home to roost a lot sooner than the Prime Minister has banked on. It feels like Labour’s strategy for winning the next election is to wait for the Conservative party to mess up in some wildly public fashion. But while this might pay off, what this boils down to is this: the Labour party cannot win on its own terms. The Conservative party has to lose in order for Labour to win by default. On current evidence, that looks increasingly less likely, at least by the time of the next election in 2024. For now, at least, the money is on Boris winning bit again at the next election.

Yahoo's coverage of Boris' route map announcement included a survey of people's reactions.

It did NOT give an indication of the size of the survey or how exactly it was carried out, but the results are interesting.

What do you think of Boris Johnson's lockdown-easing roadmap?

33%
It's too fast

22%
It's too slow

45%
He's got it just right

Manna from heaven for the media. Wait for the howls:

"Most people think that BORIS HAS GOT IT WRONG!"

A third of people say "SLOW DOWN!"

Nearly a quarter of people say: "SPEED UP!"

Whatever, I don't expect many of them to say "Good effort in an unprecedented pandemic, Boris".

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Yahoo's coverage of Boris' route map announcement included a survey of people's reactions.

It did NOT give an indication of the size of the survey or how exactly it was carried out, but the results are interesting.

What do you think of Boris Johnson's lockdown-easing roadmap?

33%
It's too fast

22%
It's too slow

45%
He's got it just right

Manna from heaven for the media. Wait for the howls:

55% think that BORIS HAS GOT IT WRONG!

A third of people say "SLOW DOWN!"

Nearly a quarter of people say: "SPEED UP!"

Whatever, I don't expect many of them to say "Good effort in an unprecedented pandemic, Boris".
Another perspective from Guido: