Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Why is this in The Bozo thread?

A perfectly reasonable question, Wozo. But another reasonable question could be:

"If you thought it should not be in this thread, why did you post, in response to post #29154, the following, at post #29157? "

It’s good to see that a blind eye isn’t being turned to blatant transgressions of the rules.

Maybe the cops should have tried some BS eyesight test defence. It seems to work.

Nobody seems bothered that masses of cops are having to work together anyway in crowded stations and vans though.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Paranoid? By saying your posting style reminds me of C5 and Info_Ops? Two nationalist nutters....
when you start regarding me as a "nationalist nutter", and by the sounds of it part of a far right conspiracy of multiple posters on Arrse, then I reserve the right to laugh and mock your paranoia.

:-D

when you start regarding me as a "nationalist nutter", and by the sounds of it part of a far right conspiracy, then I reserve the right to laugh and mock your paranoia.

Far right conspiracy? You been drinking ACABs turps?

Don't think either of them are particularly right wing. They are nationalists though....who cannot abide anything other than the SNP party line. You're like them two defending Eck or the blessed Krankie

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
A perfectly reasonable question, Wozo. But another reasonable question could be:

"If you thought it should not be in this thread, why did you post, in response to post #29154, the following, at post #29157? "

It’s good to see that a blind eye isn’t being turned to blatant transgressions of the rules.

Maybe the cops should have tried some BS eyesight test defence. It seems to work.

Nobody seems bothered that masses of cops are having to work together anyway in crowded stations and vans though.

You guys post and I will respond.

Nobody is denying that being a Billy Bunter is a factor in morbidity, however why is U.K. particularly suffering extremely high death rates, when other countries aren’t using that excuse.

Coffey said it yesterday, no other Minister has said it. Is this the start of it gradually being adopted as the excuse?

Do you want facts or would you dismiss them all as excuses?

It has been known and much publicised for a long time that those most affected by Covid are the old, the overweight and those with underlying health conditions.
I'm still unconvinced by the ethnicity bit that has also been much discussed.

Personally I think population density is also a massive factor and I suspect that may actually form part of the ethnic minority part
It has also been long accepted that the UK has an ageing population. Undoubtedly a factor.

Some of you arguments I personally feel are valid, especially the one about international travel and I am of the opinion it should have been restricted much earlier, but I strongly disagree that anybody in government is looking for excuses.

As an asides I would dearly love a whole shedload of public enquiries into the pandemic and the governments response to it. Where you and I differ is that I believe the government in general and Boris in particular would probably come out of them reasonably cleanly.
I think it will probably be necessary to clear away the media hype and social media lies to leave the facts to stand

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Nobody is denying that being a Billy Bunter is a factor in morbidity, however why is U.K. particularly suffering extremely high death rates, when other countries aren’t using that excuse.

Coffey said it yesterday, no other Minister has said it. Is this the start of it gradually being adopted as the excuse?
Rather than the "excuse", it has been said it may be part of the cause by Therese Coffey. Seems likely. What do you think?

when you start regarding me as a "nationalist nutter", and by the sounds of it part of a far right conspiracy of multiple posters on Arrse, then I reserve the right to laugh and mock your paranoia.

You should really start a sentence with a capital letter?

Hundred of thousands of people outside the public sector have been working in close proximity to others right through the pandemic.

We should all be grateful really or we would be sitting in the cold and dark with nothing to eat.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
You should really start a sentence with a capital letter?
Thank you. Kindle has a habit of automatically changing things.

(kindle grrrrr.)

Because they're not as fat as us. Plus they didn't throw care home residents under the bus (well maybe Sweden did), also they don't have the same concentration of multi generational households that we have.

Personally I'm with prof speigelhalter on this: it's pointless trying to draw comparisons with other countries unless your 100% sure they're measuring and reporting the same data. Unless you just want to score childish political points that is. In which case, crack on.

Why is this in The Bozo thread?
For precisely the same reason that this ↓↓↓ is.
Very often. And I normally eat my food in my patrol car or at my computer typing stuff up. When I do get a break in a kitchen, I am quite often sent to another job, having to cut my break short.
No frontline cop would think that sleeping during duty time was something that wouldn’t get you in trouble.
Instead of being a childish cock, why not just follow the posts back. It’s really not difficult. Glad it has irritated you though. Did you stamp your foot and scweam again?

You guys post and I will respond.

So, you contributed to the thread. In a subsequent post, you then asked "Why is this in The Bozo thread?"

In effect, you responded before thinking. For all of our sakes, it might be worth exploring an avenue which can be described in words to the effect of "Engage brain before operating mouth".

Rather than the "excuse", it has been said it may be part of the cause by Therese Coffey. Seems likely. What do you think?

Does it correlate with other countries worldwide with a worse obesity/age problem than us

I just don’t understand why 1 single minister would offer that reason when no others are and fail to back up that statement with any evidence before leaving the studio, and then we hear nothing further about it after successive Ministers have stated that it is far too early to discuss the very high U.K. death rates.

It’s either an off the cuff remark or a carefully placed remark, that she meant to drop in.

Because they're not as fat as us. Plus they didn't throw care home residents under the bus (well maybe Sweden did), also they don't have the same concentration of multi generational households that we have.

Personally I'm with prof speigelhalter on this: it's pointless trying to draw comparisons with other countries unless your 100% sure they're measuring and reporting the same data. Unless you just want to score childish political points that is. In which case, crack on.

Unless it’s vaccinations or if our death rate was significantly lower, then I am fairly sure it would regularly mentioned.

For precisely the same reason that this ↓↓↓ is.

Instead of being a childish cock, why not just follow the posts back. It’s really not difficult. Glad it has irritated you though. Did you stamp your foot and scweam again?

I posted that, because I was asked about my meal breaks, you guys post and I will respond.

You appear to be the one chucking childish insults around, not me.

Hundred of thousands of people outside the public sector have been working in close proximity to others right through the pandemic.

We should all be grateful really or we would be sitting in the cold and dark with nothing to eat.

I quite agree, but the post you quote as "Wightsparker said" ( #29161) was actually something written by @wetsmonkey - it really should not be attributed to me!