Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

WightMivvi

War Hero
You decide. I don’t mind.
I would have done what she did. If the person who caused the late start was also the person creating the late finish, I’d choose to annoy them rather than be rude to the participants of the next meeting / appointment by assuming they have nothing better to do than wait for me.

I expect your reaction would be “Mivvies? Grrr” ;)

Daz

LE
What a sad day, when it comes to this.

Something I've mentioned previously when certain people have whined about the lack of information and clarity over exporting is that HMG has provided a raft of information, in addition, via the ONS, they carry out regular surveys as to where companies are in sorting out their compliance for exports and to find out what issues are cropping up, this is in addition to asking questions about Covid etc

Currently, the survey is running fortnightly, hence the screenshot below - So, the situation is not quite how the Guardian article is portraying the current state of play
ONS.jpg

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell

As your favourite go to headline paper, the Guardian ( + the BBC ) went to great lengths to howl about how the BAME population is by far the biggest hit segment of UK Society whacked by Covid.

Can you just imagine the howls of outrage if she had come out in response to those howling Graun headlines and said '' Age, obesity and other illnesses '' are a major factor.

If I could be ARRSED digging out a Graun article I would.

But she did say that obesity and old age were a factor.

I would have done what she did. If the person who caused the late start was also the person creating the late finish, I’d choose to annoy them rather than be rude to the participants of the next meeting / appointment by assuming they have nothing better to do than wait for me.

I expect your reaction would be “Mivvies? Grrr” ;)

You didn’t need to tell me that. I’m not interested in what you would do.

But she did say that obesity and old age were a factor.

Are you struggling ?

We can make allowances if you are as thick as a brick or English is not your 1st language.

Can you just imagine the howls of outrage if she had come out in response to those howling Graun headlines and said '' Age, obesity and other illnesses '' are a major factor.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Bit early, isn't it?

It is. Got to go shopping first.

Just de-frosting the motor and then squeeze past the Romanian work-gang replacing the porch. Same team who fitted the new roof in November.

The tax-paying is providing this service. Most grateful.

Are you struggling ?

We can make allowances if you are as thick as a brick or English is not your 1st language.

And I am saying that, is exactly what she has just done. Are you saying that The Guardian should howl about it?

WightMivvi

War Hero
You didn’t need to tell me that. I’m not interested in what you would do.
I have no doubt. However, I’m using logic, facts and examples to show that the minister’s behaviour in cutting the interview short is reasonable.

Do you think cutting the interview short was unreasonable and, if so, why?

I’ll take a nil response as confirmation that you fully support this Tory minister’s behaviour.

I have no doubt. However, I’m using logic, facts and examples to show that the minister’s behaviour in cutting the interview short is reasonable.

Do you think cutting the interview short was unreasonable and, if so, why?

I’ll take a nil response as confirmation that you fully support this Tory minister’s behaviour.

You go ahead and take it anyway you like. In the time that she blustered at the end, she could have clarified.

WightMivvi

War Hero
You go ahead and take it anyway you like. In the time that she blustered at the end, she could have clarified.
Ah, got it.

She says obesity and age are contributory factors to the high number of covid deaths and you suggest she hasn’t provided evidence to back that up. However, right from the start of the pandemic, age and obesity were recognised as contributing factors. Indeed, Boris’s weight was highlighted as a reason for his hospitalisation.

Yet you say she didn’t provide evidence today that age and obesity were contributing factors.

I’m saying the point you were trying to make was irrelevant.

You also suggest criticism for her cutting the interview short. I’ve shown how that behaviour is actually positive.

The point you were trying to make is unfair.

You’ve also criticised her for “blustering” at the end. As a someone who has chaired many meetings, such a reaction can happen when one person is trying to end the meeting whilst another is determined to waste further time with destructive self-aggrandising behaviour. What you see as bluster is, to me, a perfectly reasonable reaction caused by trying to not tell the attention-seeker to shut the heck up and end the meeting politely.

The point you are trying to make is unnecessarily biased.

Basically, it’s all just “Tories? Grrr”.

Ah, got it.

She says obesity and age are contributory factors to the high number of covid deaths and you suggest she hasn’t provided evidence to back that up. However, right from the start of the pandemic, age and obesity were recognised as contributing factors. Indeed, Boris’s weight was highlighted as a reason for his hospitalisation.

Yet you say she didn’t provide evidence today that age and obesity were contributing factors.

I’m saying the point you were trying to make was irrelevant.

You also suggest criticism for her cutting the interview short. I’ve shown how that behaviour is actually positive.

The point you were trying to make is unfair.

You’ve also criticised her for “blustering” at the end. As a someone who has chaired many meetings, such a reaction can happen when one person is trying to end the meeting whilst another is determined to waste further time with destructive self-aggrandising behaviour. What you see as bluster is, to me, a perfectly reasonable reaction caused by trying to not tell the attention-seeker to shut the heck up and end the meeting politely.

The point you are trying to make is unnecessarily biased.

Basically, it’s all just “Tories? Grrr”.

However, numerous Ministers have suggested that it is far too early to say why The U.K. have one of the worst death rates in the world. That has been the party line for about 10 months

Then Coffey comes on out of the blue and suggests that age/obesity are to blame, when Morgan reads this back, she gets angry, refuses to back up her assertion and then spends time saying why she needs to go, instead of actually going or explaining her assertion.

Nobody is denying that age and obesity are a contributor to morbidity with Covid. She however is saying that somehow The U.K. is different to The ROTW in that matter without supporting that assertion.

Is it now government policy, that the high U.K. death rate is down specifically to age/obesity that is different to other countries?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
However, numerous Ministers have suggested that it is far too early to say why The U.K. have one of the worst death rates in the world. That has been the party line for about 10 months

Then Coffey comes on out of the blue and suggests that age/obesity are to blame, when Morgan reads this back, she gets angry, refuses to back up her assertion and then spends time saying why she needs to go, instead of actually going or explaining her assertion.

Nobody is denying that age and obesity are a contributor to morbidity with Covid. She however is saying that somehow The U.K. is different to The ROTW in that matter without supporting that assertion.

Is it now government policy, that the high U.K. death rate is down specifically to age/obesity that is different to other countries?
Oh dear, you have another crumb to hang your angst on. :rolleyes:

Latest Threads