Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Journalists not allowed follow up questions on Bozo briefing, I see, not able to challenge contents of answers or any non answers if they happen.

Disappointing.
There haven't been follow-up questions for quite a while apart from one earlier this week. They seemed to stop when the likes of Peston, Beff and others kept acting the 2@t and couldn't ask an intelligent question.

The UK-EU friction continues as the PM plans to tear up the EU WTD & propose a Singapore on Thames Brussels says the border meat & fish issues can be resolved.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hang on, so they're admitting they're being deliberately difficult on the border, as in imposing controls to **** about... isn't there international laws about that sort of thing?

I'm pretty concerned that in a few hours Boris is going to announce that the lockdown isn't working, so to fix this, we're going to have more lockdown.
If the cnuts that were supposed to stay at home actually stayed at home instead of attending lockdown parties, protest meetings/rallies etc then there would be less of a need for more lockdown in the first place.

The UK-EU friction continues as the PM plans to tear up the EU WTD & propose a Singapore on Thames Brussels says the border meat & fish issues can be resolved.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ahh, blackmail.

If the cnuts that were supposed to stay at home actually stayed at home instead of attending lockdown parties, protest meetings/rallies etc then there would be less of a need for more lockdown in the first place.
True, but why are we punishing those who abide by the rules? Why have a lockdown that shíts all over the lives of reasonable people, when the 'vid will be spread anyway by the feckless ones in society.

I thought the whole point of the lockdown was to 'flatten the sombrero', not to try and eradicate the virus. It is absolutely impossible to beat the virus by lockdown alone unless we develop a way to hermetically seal 70 million people in little self-sustaining bubbles.

We are just dragging it out so make absolutely sure that society and our economy are as fúcked as possible.

True, but why are we punishing those who abide by the rules? Why have a lockdown that shíts all over the lives of reasonable people, when the 'vid will be spread anyway by the feckless ones in society.

I thought the whole point of the lockdown was to 'flatten the sombrero', not to try and eradicate the virus. It is absolutely impossible to beat the virus by lockdown alone unless we develop a way to hermetically seal 70 million people in little self-sustaining bubbles.

We are just dragging it out so make absolutely sure that society and our economy are as fúcked as possible.

Thanks for this. It makes me realise why some people - and OK, I am referring to @TheSockPuppet - are called cockwombles.

Lockdown was originally to 'protect the NHS'. As cases fell the rules were relaxed. At the moment the NHS is struggling badly so to revert back to the original idea is reasonable in the circumstances.

If everybody stayed at home and stayed away from anybody else the virus would have been wiped out in three weeks through lack of ability to spread and infect someone else. We all know that was totally unfeasible, especially as too many people dgaf about anyone but themselves. If the police and courts had hammered the rule breakers from early on I think more people would have been inclined to follow the rules. People all to often take the piss when they know they can get away with it.

If everybody stayed at home and stayed away from anybody else the virus would have been wiped out in three weeks through lack of ability to spread and infect someone else.
100% not true and the single biggest misunderstanding about lockdowns. The virus started from a single individual in a foreign country. If we locked Britain down 100% and cured 100% of Brits, the virus would still get back into Britain, the same way it did when it first arrived on our shores. As long as someone somewhere has the virus and we don't have herd immunity, it will spread.

Until we have a universally deployed vaccine, the virus will not be eliminated. Lockdowns are just bringing in a whole host of other problems, like economic ruin, educational crisis, mental health, people dying of other illnesses unable to get treatment, obesity, poor nutrition, poverty.

The original lockdown was supposed to 'flatten the sombrero' to prevent the NHS from getting overwhelmed. What we have now is a protracted slow infection which is leading to mutations.

The only thing that will save us is a universal vaccine deployment.

Stop the lockdown. Put all of our energy into deploying the vaccine. Shield those who must not get the virus.

Simple.

Lockdown was originally to 'protect the NHS'. As cases fell the rules were relaxed. At the moment the NHS is struggling badly so to revert back to the original idea is reasonable in the circumstances.

If everybody stayed at home and stayed away from anybody else the virus would have been wiped out in three weeks through lack of ability to spread and infect someone else. We all know that was totally unfeasible, especially as too many people dgaf about anyone but themselves. If the police and courts had hammered the rule breakers from early on I think more people would have been inclined to follow the rules. People all to often take the piss when they know they can get away with it.

As someone whose been retasked to CV19 marshal that is more or less 100% accurate. We have an area in my city that is the source for most of our infections, and you can't tell the difference between Lockdown and a normal day.
In that area we've had two cars tyres slashed, at least three blokes spat/coughed on, one bloke approached and told to leave by a gang of youths who stated words to the effect of You should leave, this is our area now, and our laws. In between lockdowns the guy I was working with entered a shop only to have a male come storming out of the next door barbers and block his exit with a pair of scissors.
They had shops open down there which were posting lookouts for us, as we'd been in so many times to tell them to put the masks on. Literally they were spending more time and effort avoiding the mask rules than it would take to obey them. Other shops got a trestle table, stuck a few stacks of food on them and claimed to be essential food sellers.

100% not true and the single biggest misunderstanding about lockdowns. The virus started from a single individual in a foreign country. If we locked Britain down 100% and cured 100% of Brits, the virus would still get back into Britain, the same way it did when it first arrived on our shores. As long as someone somewhere has the virus and we don't have herd immunity, it will spread.

Until we have a universally deployed vaccine, the virus will not be eliminated. Lockdowns are just bringing in a whole host of other problems, like economic ruin, educational crisis, mental health, people dying of other illnesses unable to get treatment, obesity, poor nutrition, poverty.

The original lockdown was supposed to 'flatten the sombrero' to prevent the NHS from getting overwhelmed. What we have now is a protracted slow infection which is leading to mutations.

The only thing that will save us is a universal vaccine deployment.

Stop the lockdown. Put all of our energy into deploying the vaccine. Shield those who must not get the virus.

Simple.
The problem is it's not so simple otherwise we wouldn't still be seeing high levels of infections and mortality.

The reduction of infections and deaths during the first lockdown proved that it worked. During that time there was more compliance and that was reflected by the absence of traffic on the roads and empty streets. Now, on my daily commute to work*, the motorway is rammed with cars and lorries. The question - how long will the public tolerate a lockdown? - has already been asked in another thread and it is clear that the public has become fatigued with lockdown. Many are wilfully ignoring it in order to be rebellious.

The idea of herd immunity does not hold water. Irrespective of where the virus originated there are millions of people around the world that are infected and herd immunity has not built up anywhere. There would need to be far more people having the virus for that to work but the hospitals are already struggling with the numbers of casualties as it is. The numbers becoming seriously ill and dying would sky-rocket in the UK and become astronomical around the world if herd immunity were to be attempted.

I doubt that when the virus was first discovered many people realised how much of an impact it would have but lockdown was the only weapon in the armoury with which to fight it - and it is only a fire-fighting tool. It needs people to comply to make it effective.

Since 8th December there have been almost 5.5 million vaccinations. That's still only about 8% of the population. Whilst it is mainly the vulnerable that have received the jab they are the ones who are more likely to be shielding anyway. To get the economy moving again the economically active need to get vaccinated and escape lockdown. That will be a large percentage of the population, c32 million employed, that will need vaccinating. At current rates that's going to take about 20 weeks. (Back of a fag packet calculations). I don't have the first idea how many vaccinations will be needed to slow the spread of the virus but every jab has to help. Lockdown will need to be eased in line with the number of vaccinations.

*I am classed as a key worker and although my organisation has a policy of working from home where possible my particular job can't be done from home.

As someone whose been retasked to CV19 marshal that is more or less 100% accurate. We have an area in my city that is the source for most of our infections, and you can't tell the difference between Lockdown and a normal day.
In that area we've had two cars tyres slashed, at least three blokes spat/coughed on, one bloke approached and told to leave by a gang of youths who stated words to the effect of You should leave, this is our area now, and our laws. In between lockdowns the guy I was working with entered a shop only to have a male come storming out of the next door barbers and block his exit with a pair of scissors.
They had shops open down there which were posting lookouts for us, as we'd been in so many times to tell them to put the masks on. Literally they were spending more time and effort avoiding the mask rules than it would take to obey them. Other shops got a trestle table, stuck a few stacks of food on them and claimed to be essential food sellers.

Thank you. Therein lies the problem, which those I’ve spoken to said explains one of the primary reasons why the infection rate is so high.
From this vista, it appears there is simply not the political will to deal with those areas by installing whatever measures are required e.g. putting the army in.
Are you able to say which city (even, which part of which city?).

Thank you. Therein lies the problem, which those I’ve spoken to said explains one of the primary reasons why the infection rate is so high.
From this vista, it appears there is simply not the political will to deal with those areas by installing whatever measures are required e.g. putting the army in.
Are you able to say which city (even, which part of which city?).

As I have to work there, I think I'll decline to name names. And I've also deleted the very long rant I had as there's a bit too much info. Short version:

Basically, only the police, and PCSO's are allowed to issue FPN's for CV19. Police don't have a lot of manpower. There's a number of Council officers who issue FPN's daily. Yet they are not allowed to issue for CV19. Enable them and suddenly enforcement goes right up to 11.

Latest Threads