Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
So the best case scenario is it could have bought a bit of time, which begs the question "to do what?"."
Balls. It's lockdown that buys time when other management methods have been insufficient or have failed completely.

The gold standard for coronavirus management has to be Taiwan. Much closer to the source of the pandemic and with much less time to react, they controlled their borders rigorously and implemented a strict testing protocol.

They have not had a lockdown. To date they have had 868 confirmed Covid cases of which only 7 went on to become fatalities.

Just lucky, I guess.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Balls. It's lockdown that buys time when other management methods have been insufficient or have failed completely.

The gold standard for coronavirus management has to be Taiwan. Much closer to the source of the pandemic and with much less time to react, they controlled their borders rigorously and implemented a strict testing protocol.

They have not had a lockdown. To date they have had 868 confirmed Covid cases of which only 7 went on to become fatalities.

Just lucky, I guess.
Best tell the BBC that, I quoted it from the link you posted. Headlines eh?

Last edited:
Best tell the BBC that I quoted it from the link you posted.

I was referring to the main article and not restricting it to an op-ed sub 'analysis' of the main article by a single health and science correspondent.

So who got it wrong? Boris or Priti? Somebody did. We're up to 3.47m confirmed cases and 91,470 Covid deaths so far.

World beating? Very nearly.

The UK-EU friction continues as the PM plans to tear up the EU WTD & propose a Singapore on Thames Brussels says the border meat & fish issues can be resolved.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

more likely due to the co-operative citizens complying and their unquestioning acceptance of instructions and the realisation that it is for their own good.

The UK-EU friction continues as the PM plans to tear up the EU WTD & propose a Singapore on Thames Brussels says the border meat & fish issues can be resolved.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What a surprise.
For my money tell them to ram it.

It’s not as if the notion of Singapore-on-Thames, hasn’t been forecast by the UK media for quite a while.
The idea is not new.
Anybody would think the EU bods, in their arrogance, thought the UK Govt was bluffing .

And look where that has got them so far.
Posted on here the first time circa 2016, still pretty relevant now.

Yeah, and I'm now looking at a copy of Private Eye's book, 'The Secret Diary of John Major aged 47 3/4'
Hilarious in the offhand way that Maastricht was dismissed way back then, even by Hislop, but I'll bet they're not laughing now!

It’s not as if the notion of Singapore-on-Thames, hasn’t been forecast by the UK media for quite a while.
The idea is not new.
Anybody would think the EU bods, in their arrogance, thought the UK Govt was bluffing .

As much as I'm not for tit for tat politics, it is probably time for the EU to learn that 86% of commercial vehicles that travel through Dover are not British.
If the EU wants to play games then EU operators will suffer at least as much as UK ones. They can suffer to the point that Ireland's economy will tank and Polish/Hungarian drivers will get a tad tempremental.

Who will blink first, the EU or the UK? We already know the answer to that.

I was referring to the main article and not restricting it to an op-ed sub 'analysis' of the main article by a single health and science correspondent.

So who got it wrong? Boris or Priti? Somebody did. We're up to 3.47m confirmed cases and 91,470 Covid deaths so far.

World beating? Very nearly.
Government published figures yesterday give the total number of inoculations in England only (nothing about the devolved regions of Scotland, Wales and NI) as 3,981,445. Sounds pretty world beating to me.

Never mind, Boris Ggggrrrr!!!

I'm pretty concerned that in a few hours Boris is going to announce that the lockdown isn't working, so to fix this, we're going to have more lockdown.
Until morale improves?

no f in beer

War Hero
400 attend wedding in London - Boris Grrrrr

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
400 attend wedding in London - Boris Grrrrr
Was any specific religion or ethnicity of the happy couple and their celebrants mentioned? Asking for a racist friend....

Was any specific religion or ethnicity of the happy couple and their celebrants mentioned? Asking for a racist friend....
There were no Labour supporters present.

Latest Threads