Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Are you another one who thinks they know when I’m supposed to be at work?
You really do have a problem differentiating between questions (clue: ?) and statements (clue: .).

Question:
Shouldn't you be out telling people not to sit on benches or whatever passes for police "work" these days?

Statement:
You should be out telling people not to sit on benches or whatever passes for police "work".

Can you see the difference?

WightMivvi

War Hero
I doubt they deleted hundreds of thousands of PNC records without political authority or spaffed £22 billion on a “world beating” t,t and t system that is poor without political authority.

You either are responsible or you aren’t. You can’t cherry pick.
I disagree. Information is destroyed all the time without political authority. It’s called weeding and is a standard practice.

I once, single-handed, and with no authority or oversight, destroyed an MOD archive of definitive network wiring maps for every MOD site in the south east of England.

I needed the space.

I disagree. Information is destroyed all the time without political authority. It’s called weeding and is a standard practice.

I once, single-handed, and with no authority or oversight, destroyed an MOD archive of definitive network wiring maps for every MOD site in the south east of England.

I needed the space.
Funny you should mention that. I had to have two 6 draw safes moved. Couldn't be done when full. So many burn bags later, safes moved. Nobody turned a hair.

But yet Bozo will continue to say it’s a success, when it blatantly isn’t. £22 billion is to much to ignore, I will happily vaunt his successes, when he accepts his failures.
How would you like him to "accept" his failures?

Go on live TV and say something like "Oh we did x and it turns out to have been a complete waste of money and I am of course the guy completely responsible for that failure."?

Is that what you are looking for?

Have you ever known ANY politician of ANY party do such a thing? Why would you expect Boris to be any different?

Why do you expect one politician - Boris - to behave any differently from the others who have preceded him?

Expecting such a thing makes you seem unbalanced. It reinforces the view that you hate Boris personally rather than his politics or his party. You demand he, and he alone, admit his failures in a mea culpa moment before giving him any credit for successes under his leadership.

Can you not see how it highlights an intimate and private dislike of the man? This is why people are pointing it out to you, and at the same time, discounting any positive points in your arguments.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Go on live TV and say something like "Oh we did x and it turns out to have been a complete waste of money and I am of course the guy completely responsible for that failure."?

Have you ever known ANY politician of ANY party do such a thing? Why would you expect Boris to be any different?

Why do you expect one politician - Boris - to behave any differently from the others who have preceded him?

Expecting such a thing makes you seem unbalanced. It reinforces the view that you hate Boris personally rather than his politics or his party. You demand he, and he alone, admit his failures in a mea culpa moment before giving him any credit for successes under his leadership.

Can you not see how it highlights an intimate and private dislike of the man? This is why people are pointing it out to you, and at the same time, discounting any positive points in your arguments.
One hopes he approaches his day job with a more open mind.

A discreet and nuanced admittance would be fully acceptable. I don’t expect it though, it seems to be a tactic of this Cabinet, not to accept fault or responsibility for a single
mistake.

You and others who continually defend and support him, when he has blatantly been incompetent and made huge misjudgments appear to have an intimate and private love of the man. I find this equally worthy of mention.

I suppose one positive about Wets' Boris Grring is it seems to have dragged out/increased support for the PM, on here at least but seemingly reflected throughout the country.

Well done Wets, you may have inadvertently added to the groundswell of support for Boris :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Tool

LE
I suppose one positive about Wets' Boris Grring is it seems to have dragged out/increased support for the PM, on here at least but seemingly reflected throughout the country.

Well done Wets, you may have inadvertently added to the groundswell of support for Boris :)
And those who, begrudgingly, support Boris Grrr, are also constantly needing to evaluate our impression of the man because Wets and others bring out anti-Boris Grrr comments.

I thought you had me on ignore. Where is this groundswell of support?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A discreet and nuanced admittance would be fully acceptable. I don’t expect it though, it seems to be a tactic of this Cabinet, not to accept fault or responsibility for a single
mistake.

You and others who continually defend and support him, when he has blatantly been incompetent and made huge misjudgments appear to have an intimate and private love of the man. I find this equally worthy of mention.
How many other politicians have ever done that?

Why do you feel Boris should be the only one to do such a thing?

Latest Threads