Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
The big problem wets is going to have is that by the time the next election rolls around, Covid will be history. By which I mean that yes of course people will remember it, but not the massive details which we are facing day after day at the moment.

Therefore when it gets debated Boris needs to point out that he followed the advice of the experts, kept the NHS functioning - barely but still - and got us free of it via vaccination and social measures. Starmer will only be able to say well I would have done this or that, but the Conservatives will point out that he can only say that with the benefit of hindsight and that Boris was actually doing the job.

The details wont matter but only who is trusted. Boris is trusted now, and will be at the next election.

Last edited:
The bit problem wts is going to have is that by the time the next election rolls around, Covid will be history. By which I mean that yes of course people will remember it, but not the massive details which we are facing day after day at the moment.

Therefore when it gets debated Boris needs to point out that he followed the advice of the experts, kept the NHS functioning - barely but still - and got us free of it via vaccination and social measures. Starmer will only be able to say well I would have done this or that, but the Conservatives will point out that he can only say that with the benefit of hindsight and that Boris was actually doing the job.

The details wont matter but only who is trusted. Boris is trusted now, and will be at the next election.

And that despite Brexit, we will be the first European nation to vaccinate it's population against Covid

The bit problem wts is going to have is that by the time the next election rolls around, Covid will be history. By which I mean that yes of course people will remember it, but not the massive details which we are facing day after day at the moment.

Trusted, Competent.

Truxx

LE
And that despite Brexit, we will be the first European nation to vaccinate it's population against Covid
Not like the good old days is it?

Those heady days when the Clever People said Oooooo nooo once the EMA leaves it will take UK years to rebuild any pharma authorisation capability.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yes, a definite positive, and no doubt something Bozo will claim credit for.
And quite rightly, having the foresight to buy up vaccines that had not been proven has worked brilliantly, much to the chagrin of the Boris Grrr Team and the EU! :)

Oyibo

LE

Why on earth wouldn't the British Government and the PM claim credit for a move that has put the UK ahead of every single EU member state (and about 4th in the world depending on metrics) for getting the vaccine out? They did it.

Last edited:
And quite rightly, having the foresight to buy up vaccines that had not been proven has worked brilliantly, much to the chagrin of the Boris Grrr Team and the EU! :)

The perceived wisdom on here, is that Ministers shouldn’t have to take the fall for mistakes made by their subordinates as they can’t be checking everything.

Using that logic, let’s hope that they don’t cynically latch on to the successes of those subordinates to make political capital.

You either are responsible or your not.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
He hasn’t really stuck to his course though has he? He has made numerous u turns, usually too late despite being advised way before.
Alternatively, the government has changed it's course when events and evidence dictated the necessity. But hey, gotta get those growls in eh?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
He hasn’t really stuck to his course though has he? He has made numerous u turns, usually too late despite being advised way before.
Alternatively, the government has changed it's course when events and evidence dictated the necessity. But hey, gotta get those growls in eh?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
As he should. The government he leads has organised the nation's response, or do you think a bunch of NHS cleaners did it under the control of their union reps?

"No guv, nothing to do with me." Really?

As he should. The government he leads has organised the nation's response, or do you think a bunch of NHS cleaners did it under the control of their union reps?

"No guv, nothing to do with me." Really?

The Government he leads has also organised a lot of things that have been a disaster and I don’t see them taking responsibility for that.

You can’t cherry pick the successes and claim that you are responsible for them and then distance yourself from the disasters and say that they are someone else’s fault.

You either are responsible or you aren’t.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
The Government he leads has also organised a lot of things that have been a disaster and I don’t see them taking responsibility for that.

You can’t cherry pick the successes and claim that you are responsible for them and then distance yourself from the disasters and say that they are someone else’s fault.

You either are responsible or you aren’t.
What a load of rubbish. Take your blinkers off, and stop blaming everything on Boris grrr. Some things they've actually got wrong, and have changed direction (not a U turn, as they're still moving foward), other things you and those like you confect to blame them.