Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Wot having been told they will not get residual rights, will have to accept the Euro even if accepted. I know that Caviar comes from Sturgeons, but I don’t think for one minute they really have a death wish. Now Salmons have one built in.

Think again!

You forget that we would have to meet certain criteria to join, not re-join, we do not meet those criteria

Someone had better break that news to the SNP.

We would hate them to have a policy that can’t be carried out.

Presumably, they’d bin it so the voters weren’t misled!

Someone had better break that news to the SNP.
The SNP already know the problems - not insurmountable perhaps but there is no quick and easy way to join the EU as a newly independent state.

Have a read here... and this chap is a pro EU Scot.

Like a dodgy car salesman, Sturgeon is telling the punters all about the sat nav and cup holders but not about the sawdust filled gearbox and dodgy steering.

Last edited:
Question, sorry to mention the B Word, but seeing as all the Brexit threads are shut, I wanted to ask a serious question about where we are, as the PM prepares to get involved this weekend with the post Brexit trade deal process.
I keep seeing in the media that the sticking points on a trade deal are 3 fold, governance, fishing rights and level playing field.
I sort of understand the fishing thing, the EU (French) now want access to British waters for a 10 year transition period, not acceptable, but what is acceptable?
What is the issue with governance, what does Britain want and what does the EU want?
Is the level playing field centred around standards and prices of goods coming from EU to us and goods leaving the UK bound for the EU? If not what is it?

The SNP already know the problems - not insurmountable perhaps but there is no quick and easy way to join the EU as a newly independent state.

Have a read here... and this chap is a pro EU Scot.

Like a dodgy car salesman, Sturgeon is telling the punters all about the sat nav and cup holders but not about the sawdust filled gearbox and dodgy steering.
She can't lie straight in bed, although her bit on the side would know better than me - allegedly.

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
Question, sorry to mention the B Word, but seeing as all the Brexit threads are shut, I wanted to ask a serious question about where we are, as the PM prepares to get involved this weekend with the post Brexit trade deal process.
I keep seeing in the media that the sticking points on a trade deal are 3 fold, governance, fishing rights and level playing field.
I sort of understand the fishing thing, the EU (French) now want access to British waters for a 10 year transition period, not acceptable, but what is acceptable?
What is the issue with governance, what does Britain want and what does the EU want?
Is the level playing field centred around standards and prices of goods coming from EU to us and goods leaving the UK bound for the EU? If not what is it?
I did see something about two issues that were part of the “level playing field”.

One part was that the EU did not like the idea of us making the UK more attractive to manufacturers by reducing employment and environmental standards. By all account, the UK agreed to keep the current standards / rules / laws. That was acceptable to the EU up until this week when the EU demanded that we add to the current employment / environmental laws when the EU adds to theirs. Basically, if the EU decided to increase manufacturing costs, the UK must do the same. This is basically a case of Brussels imposing their decisions on the UK with the UK having no say.

The second part was to do with banning unfair subsidies that might give an industry / company an unfair advantage. Again, both sides were close to an agreement. The UK and EU member would agree to not have those sort of subsidies. Then, this week, it emerged that the EU was going to create a big fund that the EU would use to subsidise EU industry. Strictly speaking, this wouldn’t break the agreement preventing the UK and member states subsidising industry because it would be the EU (not the member states) issuing the subsidies. However, the end result would be industries within the EU being able to get subsidies that the UK was banned from providing.

Is that the sound of Panzer engines starting up I hear from across the Channel?

'Fraid not....

1607176085542.png

with respect , what the SNP thinks, is not how the EU works. The quicker Sturgeon gets to to understand that the easier her life will be.

I actually think Sturgeon understands perfectly well how it all works.

She also understands that the majority of Scots voted to remain in the EU in the referendum and if she can convince those people that she will take them back into the EU, she’s more likely to be able to count on their support in a future referendum on Scottish independence.

She can then let them down after independence is a done deal and probably into the bargain blame the English for the whole mess in the first place.

Cynical?...... Moi!!

Last edited:
She also understands that the majority of Scots voted
It matters not one jot, the Scots have no FP remit, that remains the prerogative of Westminster, where the Scots put it in 1707. The entire country voted in the Brexit referendum unlike the Scottish Indy ref. Nor does it include the Scots who voted leave but live in England. She's been told by the EU what the terms are. The UK signed in 1973 not the Scots- but the UK as an entity. A scot gave them devolution, A scot now wants an end to the Union-well tough A union consists of more than just one and the bigger entity had a say.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
It matters not one jot, the Scots have no FP remit, that remains the prerogative of Westminster, where the Scots put it in 1707. The entire country voted in the Brexit referendum unlike the Scottish Indy ref. Nor does it include the Scots who voted leave but live in England. She's been told by the EU what the terms are. The UK signed in 1973 not the Scots- but the UK as an entity. A scot gave them devolution, A scot now wants an end to the Union-well tough A union consists of more than just one and the bigger entity had a say.
In addition to which the Majority of Scots who were allowed to vote in the recent 'once in a generation ' referendum voted to remain in the UK.

There's an irony in the SNP trying to rip them out of the UK against their will whilst claiming that the UK is ripping Scotland out of the EU against its will.

And another in desperately lying through her teeth to become independent from the UK, only to hand the running of her country to unelected administrators in Brussels and Strasbourg.

Latest Threads