Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Brexit talks collapse after Barnier tabled new demands

Good... tell Monsieur Froggy to sling his bloody fishing hook!....

I have an EU passport (Polish) that I am gonna burn in celebration at midnight on 31st December!..

. . . except that the talks have not 'collapsed'.

Have a nose around the BBC site, Guardian, Telegraph, Independent, etc.

. . . except that the talks have not 'collapsed'.

Have a nose around the BBC site, Guardian, Telegraph, Independent, etc.
I think the Express meant, 'the table holding all the pizza's collapsed during the talks and EU demands for fresh pizza's have caused a Margherita setback’.

It is the Express after all. Half a notch less sensational than the Mail.

Brexit talks collapse after Barnier tabled new demands

Good... tell Monsieur Froggy to sling his bloody fishing hook!....

I have an EU passport (Polish) that I am gonna burn in celebration at midnight on 31st December!..

I'm pretty sure a deal has been done and this is part of the choreography in the run up to a 'historic announcement', exactly the same as the GFA.
Cynical, moi?

Let's face it, there will be an 11th hour deal. Both sides will have to hold their respective noses for parts of it & I'm sure the MSM will sell it as PMBJ caving in to THE EU. Reality is its a negotiation. There will be plusses & minuses for both sides.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Let's face it, there will be an 11th hour deal. Both sides will have to hold their respective noses for parts of it & I'm sure the MSM will sell it as PMBJ caving in to THE EU. Reality is its a negotiation. There will be plusses & minuses for both sides.
Or maybe not! Macron continues to try and make a name for himself and may just see collapsing the talks as a show of his power and strength.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Medieval gave you an optimistic view, which is perfectly possible, as Boris is not a person easily read.
I gave a pessimistic view, which I think is equally possible for the same reasons.

Your methodology of Blind Faith alone. Its fine with a quantifiable thing like Jesus is predictably good, or the Chinese Government is transparently evil, or Blackpink are hot as hell. But applying blind faith, to an unknown like Boris or the odds of pulling the fittest woman you know on the basis you want her, is illogical.
You've been giving naught but belt fed pessimism ever since your conversion to "Boris bad" . That's not wisdom you're pumpimg out, it's self satisfied gloom to make yourself feel clever. As for your accusation of blind faith, no. To push your analogy a little further, you'll only pull the fit bird if you believe you can, and then try.

You've been giving naught but belt fed pessimism ever since your conversion to "Boris bad" . That's not wisdom you're pumpimg out, it's self satisfied gloom to make yourself feel clever. As for your accusation of blind faith, no. To push your analogy a little further, you'll only pull the fit bird if you believe you can, and then try.
Oh I'm a massive believer in the 'hat in the ring' method of pulling and its served me well in the past.. But, rather like sun tzu, it has to be at the right moment, at the right time and flinging a hat in a ladies face early in the night, when she's catching up with her friends and does not wish to talk to you, is a near certain crash.

What I'm selling is Boris still has plenty of time to turn this around. Medieval is bang on the money and believes Boris can do it and that means, he accepts to some extent, that Boris and the party is not in a good position right now.

The trouble is Boris is reinforcing failure with his sacking of cummings, green woke nonsense and announcement of 68% cut in emissions, which will not aid an economic recovery and look at the priti deportations story this morning, to see where the real power resides in this country. Boris either joins the culture war, or his government will die a death of a thousand paper cuts from the progressives.

Or maybe not! Macron continues to try and make a name for himself and may just see collapsing the talks as a show of his power and strength.
He's French, he can be relied upon to capitulate when it gets to the nitty gritty.... :-D

Oh I'm a massive believer in the 'hat in the ring' method of pulling and its served me well in the past.. But, rather like sun tzu, it has to be at the right moment, at the right time and flinging a hat in a ladies face early in the night, when she's catching up with her friends and does not wish to talk to you, is a near certain crash.

What I'm selling is Boris still has plenty of time to turn this around. Medieval is bang on the money and believes Boris can do it and that means, he accepts to some extent, that Boris and the party is not in a good position right now.

The trouble is Boris is reinforcing failure with his sacking of cummings, green woke nonsense and announcement of 68% cut in emissions, which will not aid an economic recovery and look at the priti deportations story this morning, to see where the real power resides in this country. Boris either joins the culture war, or his government will die a death of a thousand paper cuts from the progressives.

I'm reserving judgement on the last point, as it's too early to see whether Boris has genuinely gone woke or this is a sop to the progressives. I expect that he'll probably do the same for the Red Wall. As for joining the culture war, again needs handling with care - it didn't work for Trump....

I'm reserving judgement on the last point, as it's too early to see whether Boris has genuinely gone woke or this is a sop to the progressives. I expect that he'll probably do the same for the Red Wall. As for joining the culture war, again needs handling with care - it didn't work for Trump....
Any Judgement is not restricted to a year as the top man. But also includes his time as London Mayor and I'm afraid the green stuff was evident during his Mayoral terms, as was his leftward attitudes, including wanting an amnesty for illegal migrants and he wants to be liked and I sense he sees 2021 as the great green reset and by 2022, the wider party will start to see the light and it will be too late.

Starmer is far more dangerous than Corbyn, just as Blair was far more dangerous than Benn..... Because closet revolutionaries like Blair/Starmer are able to force change on an unsuspecting public, whereas the overt revolutionary, can be tolerated or opposed, but would struggle to change the country at a fundamental level.

Any Judgement is not restricted to a year as the top man. But also includes his time as London Mayor and I'm afraid the green stuff was evident during his Mayoral terms, as was his leftward attitudes, including wanting an amnesty for illegal migrants and he wants to be liked and I sense he sees 2021 as the great green reset and by 2022, the wider party will start to see the light and it will be too late.

Starmer is far more dangerous than Corbyn, just as Blair was far more dangerous than Benn..... Because closet revolutionaries like Blair/Starmer are able to force change on an unsuspecting public, whereas the overt revolutionary, can be tolerated or opposed, but would struggle to change the country at a fundamental level.
Unmitigated tosh. You really should stick to helping the chancellor out.

What an absolute load of pish and tosh! Boris the left winger and Starmer and Blair closet revolutionaries?!

You really need to re-examine your thoughts on politics. A good way to start would be to inject some reality into them of what people are doing rather than apparently dreaming up stories and trying to pass them off as actual current affairs.

Oh yeah the deal will exclude fisheries and subjecting ourselves to EU rules. These will be kicked down the Road mainly because Macron wants to Capitalise on British intransigence, for French not EU purposes. That Will undermine the EU position but they’ll close ranks.

It seems that the French seem to be putting a spanner in the works and unless we cave in on the fishing quotas and they get what they want, the whole thing could collapse.

I have to say that perhaps the response should be that unless they agree our position on quotas, we’re walking away.

I voted remain. That doesn’t mean I’m prepared to accept a bad deal for the UK. We are now way past the vote. This is about our future and the future of our children etc.

If the deal does fall through, it’s important that we as a nation pull together to ensure we do get the UK up and running and working to prosper despite the EU!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
It seems that the French seem to be putting a spanner in the works and unless we cave in on the fishing quotas and they get what they want, the whole thing could collapse.

I have to say that perhaps the response should be that unless they agree our position on quotas, we’re walking away.

I voted remain. That doesn’t mean I’m prepared to accept a bad deal for the UK. We are now way past the vote. This is about our future and the future of our children etc.

If the deal does fall through, it’s important that we as a nation pull together to ensure we do get the UK up and running and working to prosper despite the EU!
I must say, that's rather an abrupt volte face. Has Stalin's Russia just been invaded by the Hun?

Latest Threads