Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Is there a list of the Lab MP's who voted against, assume Corbyn did also.
Corbyn is not a Labour MP but yes, he voted against the government.

Independent (2)​

• Corbyn, Jeremy - Islington North
  • Lewis, Dr Julian - New Forest East

Labour (15)​

• Begum, Apsana - Poplar and Limehouse
  • Burgon, Richard - Leeds East
  • Foy, Mary Kelly - City of Durham
  • Gwynne, Andrew - Denton and Reddish
  • Hill, Mike - Hartlepool
  • Jones, Kevan - North Durham
  • Lewell-Buck, Emma - South Shields
  • Mearns, Ian - Gateshead
  • Morris, Grahame - Easington
  • Osborne, Kate - Jarrow
  • Ribeiro-Addy, Bell - Streatham
  • Spellar, John - Warley
  • Stringer, Graham - Blackley and Broughton
  • Sultana, Zarah - Coventry South
  • Twigg, Derek - Halton

I would venture to suggest you haven’t either. The first point of origin of any fish is the Trawler that caught it. Coo is somwhat ad hoc in these areas.
Oh, I have thought it through.

I asked who will buy all the fish if we catch it all?

No answers beyond LOOK A BADGER

Last edited:
Corbyn is not a Labour MP but yes, he voted against the government.

Independent (2)​

• Corbyn, Jeremy - Islington North
  • Lewis, Dr Julian - New Forest East

Labour (15)​

• Begum, Apsana - Poplar and Limehouse
  • Burgon, Richard - Leeds East
  • Foy, Mary Kelly - City of Durham
  • Gwynne, Andrew - Denton and Reddish
  • Hill, Mike - Hartlepool
  • Jones, Kevan - North Durham
  • Lewell-Buck, Emma - South Shields
  • Mearns, Ian - Gateshead
  • Morris, Grahame - Easington
  • Osborne, Kate - Jarrow
  • Ribeiro-Addy, Bell - Streatham
  • Spellar, John - Warley
  • Stringer, Graham - Blackley and Broughton
  • Sultana, Zarah - Coventry South
  • Twigg, Derek - Halton
What was their alternative policy? :)

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No Opposition requires an alternative policy; it's enough that the Government is wrong.
Until an election comes along and they have to out forward their manifesto - which they don't have to follow anyway.

Covid and Brexit are not excuses - they are reasons; and even so I feel he has dealt with them as well, if not better, than others would have in his place.

All this Boris Grrr, who would you put in his place? Then explain how, in your opinion, he/she would have done better.
I would like see Priti Patel as PM, or failing that Raab.

so what else then, that's all he's been dealing with. I see the repeal of the 2011 Parliament act is going through it's second stage readings.
I've said before, that a goodbye to the BBC licence fee would be nice and the dismantling and defunding of the illegal migrant legal aid(note the contradiction). Ordinary UK citizens who commit crimes get far less protection.

I've said before, that a goodbye to the BBC licence fee would be nice and the dismantling and defunding of the illegal migrant legal aid(note the contradiction). Ordinary UK citizens who commit crimes get far less protection.

Actually, I'd expect Boris to stay broadly in the centre politically, act as boldly as he can on the economy (he has a capable Chancellor in Sunak) and throw out crowd-pleasing measures to both progressives and the Red Wall. But, not at the risk of de-railing the flagship project - a strong economic recovery and the return of the feel-good factor.

Unlike COVID-where the Government constantly has to flip-flop between two opposing imperatives, Boris can concentrate on one objective. This is not to say that he won't have to cut cards with powerful activism on both sides, but he will be able to play the extremes off against the middle. This will be the true test of him as a capable PM, or not.....

Actually, I'd expect Boris to stay broadly in the centre politically, act as boldly as he can on the economy (he has a capable Chancellor in Sunak) and throw out crowd-pleasing measures to both progressives and the Red Wall. But, not at the risk of de-railing the flagship project - a strong economic recovery and the return of the feel-good factor.

Unlike COVID-where the Government constantly has to flip-flop between two opposing imperatives, Boris can concentrate on one objective. This is not to say that he won't have to cut cards with powerful activism on both sides, but he will be able to play the extremes off against the middle. This will be the true test of him as a capable PM, or not.....
Up in the far north; I've heard some dreadful opinions of the man from others and given him the benefit of the doubt all summer. So I am certainly not all grrrrr and people here were harsh to say otherwise.

But I also look at those other people and several voted conservative (my uncle for one) and I'm afraid, he's already lost the Red Wall Seats in my view and as you say, a decent mapped out path through the minefield could win them back, but I am unconvinced the economy is going to bounce back next year.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Up in the far north; I've heard some dreadful opinions of the man from others and given him the benefit of the doubt all summer. So I am certainly not all grrrrr and people here were harsh to say otherwise.

But I also look at those other people and several voted conservative (my uncle for one) and I'm afraid, he's already lost the Red Wall Seats in my view and as you say, a decent mapped out path through the minefield could win them back, but I am unconvinced the economy is going to bounce back next year.
Well aren't you just a ray of fcuking sunshine. Any other predictions you want to get off your chest: plague of locusts? Global thermonuclear war? The return of DirtyDen?

Pragmatically, I don't expect BJ to hold the red wall, so while they are a welcome boost, I'm not counting on them beyond the next GE, so if they went back to voting labour, that would be no surprise.
We've the new year to get through before anything else.

Snowy.

On ROPS
On ROPs
Brexit talks collapse after Barnier tabled new demands

Good... tell Monsieur Froggy to sling his bloody fishing hook!....

I have an EU passport (Polish) that I am gonna burn in celebration at midnight on 31st December!..

Daz

LE
Government policy, deal or no deal, here are the rules from Jan1st & make sure your business is ready if you import & export to the EU.....Oh, and brush up on the regulations for employing foreign nationals Recruiting people from outside the UK from 1 January 2021 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Deals nice if there's a decent one on offer, if not.........it looks like the Government is prepared for that

Well aren't you just a ray of fcuking sunshine. Any other predictions you want to get off your chest: plague of locusts? Global thermonuclear war? The return of DirtyDen?
Medieval gave you an optimistic view, which is perfectly possible, as Boris is not a person easily read.
I gave a pessimistic view, which I think is equally possible for the same reasons.

Your methodology of Blind Faith alone. Its fine with a quantifiable thing like Jesus is predictably good, or the Chinese Government is transparently evil, or Blackpink are hot as hell. But applying blind faith, to an unknown like Boris or the odds of pulling the fittest woman you know on the basis you want her, is illogical.

Government policy, deal or no deal, here are the rules from Jan1st & make sure your business is ready if you import & export to the EU.....Oh, and brush up on the regulations for employing foreign nationals Recruiting people from outside the UK from 1 January 2021 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Deals nice if there's a decent one on offer, if not.........it looks like the Government is prepared for that
Well they will just ignore this and jump an inflatable boat at Calais.

Latest Threads