Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Oh, I think the messy haired blonde twerp is not going to go down in history as a particularly good PM. However, when the alternatives were an anti-Semite and an anti-democrat, what real choice did we have?

I feel Boris only won the last election because of a series of huge failures and awful choices by the other parties.
I also would argue the country on the whole leans slightly to the right of centre & believes in what the aussies call giving a fair go.

Boris, Corbyn or Swanson. Only one of those fits that criteria. Hence the 80 seat majority

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
I also would argue the country on the whole leans slightly to the right of centre & believes in what the aussies call giving a fair go.

Boris, Corbyn or Swanson. Only one of those fits that criteria. Hence the 80 seat majority
I agree. The UK is economically soft right and socially soft left.

Live your life how you want, just don’t expect me to pay to indulge your choices.

I also suspect that the majority of voters were, at least, uneasy about the political behaviours following the referendum.

Lab / Lib really misread the mood of the country and assumed that Twitter / protests / petitions represented the views of the population rather then the views of a vocal metropolitan minority.

They assumed “Boris grrr”, “Brexit grrr” and “Tories grrr” was all they needed to win. This meant they didn’t provide a realistic alternative.

Truxx

LE
:) My 321/353 is fine, signal strength is good and I once worked on Wavell/Ptarmigan and the network is functioning fine as well, with plenty of redundancy.

The other side of the debate is the usual crap hat infantry camped in a forest with the radio switched off and effectively completely out of touch with whats going outside the wooded area. The Tory MPs however are not so stupid and are receiving plenty of panicky messages about the upcoming local election bloodbath.
Plenty?

How many is that then and how do you know?

Indeed, think of all the poor bacteria - they have rights too you know.
Bacterial Lives Matter!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

:) My 321/353 is fine, signal strength is good and I once worked on Wavell/Ptarmigan and the network is functioning fine as well, with plenty of redundancy.

The other side of the debate is the usual crap hat infantry camped in a forest with the radio switched off and effectively completely out of touch with whats going outside the wooded area. The Tory MPs however are not so stupid and are receiving plenty of panicky messages about the upcoming local election bloodbath.
Point of order but a 321 didn't have a TUAAM, it had a TURF-25W!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Daz

LE
Aye your right and I stand corrected..... Only on this site would anyone even know that piece of trivia :)
How about a tough one and where does the term Don10 come from ?
WW1, DON was used for D in the World War 1 phonetic alphabet system before being replaced later on due to standardisation - the cable is in fact the D 10 telephone cable Mk4

Edit, here's the current(ish) specs untitled (eanixter.com)

Oyibo

LE
WW1, DON was used for D in the World War 1 phonetic alphabet system before being replaced later on due to standardisation - the cable is in fact the D 10 telephone cable Mk4

Edit, here's the current(ish) specs untitled (eanixter.com)

I must admit, I'd always wondered about the moniker DON 10. I'd never have imagined I'd find the answer on a thread about Boris Johnson

Daz

LE
I must admit, I'd always wondered about the moniker DON 10. I'd never have imagined I'd find the answer on a thread about Boris Johnson
Well, its arrse, its SOP to get sidetracked when someone smugly askes a question that they think no one can be arrse'd to answer :)

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Well, its arrse, its SOP to get sidetracked when someone smugly askes a question that they think no one can be arrse'd to answer :)

Besides, Johnson is having a torrid time, so why shouldn't the conversation digress to more interesting military things?

Daz

LE
Besides, Johnson is having a torrid time, so why shouldn't the conversation digress to more interesting military things?
Doing so badly that the Anti Boris in Chief deflected the thread sideways :)

I agree. The UK is economically soft right and socially soft left.

Live your life how you want, just don’t expect me to pay to indulge your choices.

I also suspect that the majority of voters were, at least, uneasy about the political behaviours following the referendum.

Lab / Lib really misread the mood of the country and assumed that Twitter / protests / petitions represented the views of the population rather then the views of a vocal metropolitan minority.

They assumed “Boris grrr”, “Brexit grrr” and “Tories grrr” was all they needed to win. This meant they didn’t provide a realistic alternative.

Exactly. The British public will only accept political correction so far, but the true believers want to go all the way. When they reach the point of pushback, true believers resort to authoritarian measures, which increases the pushback.

This is exactly what happened to Osborne/Cameron with Project Fear and Margaret Thatcher with the poll tax.

Latest Threads