Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
We're not ignoring either of you, we're commenting on your 100% negative output on the PM. The fact that "Boris Grrr" is juvenile and annoys you is purely a bonus.

I very much doubt you are right about the imminent departure of Boris, his whole career has been a repetition of him being written off and underestimated. He is the PM, a position he has coveted for decades, and the likelihood of him either being got rid of or swanning off on his own volition any time soon is IMHO vanishingly small. Anyone in power in the midst of the current crisis would be unpopular, add to that the divisive Brexit factor and the Marmite nature of Boris himself and it's no surprise he's lagging in the polls. He will recover.

I think the fact that the pair of you hate him so much blinds you to this.
A fair few people have realised that "Boris Grr" is a reaction from the Boris fanbois who, when faced with justifiable criticism of the PM, are unable to refute that criticism and so try to deflect and pretend its just some bloke obsessively whining about him.

It saves having to attempt a rebuttal, I suppose.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
A fair few people have realised that "Boris Grr" is a reaction from the Boris fanbois who, when faced with justifiable criticism of the PM, are unable to refute that criticism and so try to deflect and pretend its just some bloke obsessively whining about him.

Rebutting the same old tired lies and half-truths becomes tiresome.

When all that one hears from certain posters is negative white noise about a PM who won a stonking majority, has pushed through the most intractable legislation seen in my lifetime, has presided over the response to a global medical pandemic catastrophe, and has actually suffered and recovered from the disease himself, it's fair to assume that those providing the white noise aren't exactly interested in a fair and balanced debate. Hence "Boris Grrr". I mean, it's not quite up to the Wildean standards of an excited baby gif, but hey, we can't all be comedic genii.

Rebutting the same old tired lies and half-truths becomes tiresome.

When all that one hears from certain posters is negative white noise about a PM who won a stonking majority, has pushed through the most intractable legislation seen in my lifetime, has presided over the response to a global medical pandemic catastrophe, and has actually suffered and recovered from the disease himself, it's fair to assume that those providing the white noise aren't exactly interested in a fair and balanced debate. Hence "Boris Grrr". I mean, it's not quite up to the Wildean standards of an excited baby gif, but hey, we can't all be comedic genii.
"Easiest trade deals ever".

"Oven ready".

"World beating track and trace"

"I shook hands with everybody" and as you quite rightly say, actually contracted CV and later failed to socially distance, having breakfast with a guy who tested positive, leading to various backbenchers having to self isolate.

Fifth highest death CV rate in the world.

Criticism of Johnson is valid and entirely deserved.

Nice to see that at PMQs following a slightly rather embarrassing non-defeat, Boris can still kick SKS in the fundamentals, give him a wedgy and make him eat dogsh1t with ease:

It was funny though, when Starmer highlighted Bozo’s £20k trip to Afghan, to avoid an embarrassing vote on Heathrow. Touché.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Well quite a lot of trade deals have been agreed, don't you think?

"Oven ready".
It was "oven ready". It was also sh1t, and purely a device to push the election / Brexit forward.

Well, hyperbole aside, it's turned out to be rather effective.

"I shook hands with everybody" and as you quite rightly say, actually contracted CV and later failed to socially distance, having breakfast with a guy who tested positive, leading to various backbenchers having to self isolate.
Hyperbole to the first, and a cock up to the last.

Wait out on that one, the methodology varies vastly from country to country. But it may be true, if so look for the reasons why other than the simplistic "Boris Grrr".

Criticism of Johnson is valid and entirely deserved.
SOME criticism of Johnson is valid. A lot on here is just white noise fuelled by angry remainers and Tory haters (not necessarily the same people).

I think @jagman2 said it best upthread. I'm not a Boris Fanboi, but he's the least worst alternative, and I think he's done about as good a job as anyone could have in the last year. And as I said previously, he does have the redeeming quality of upsetting all the right people.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
It was funny though, when Starmer highlighted Bozo’s £20k trip to Afghan, to avoid an embarrassing vote on Heathrow. Touché.
Quelle surprise. @wetsmonkey finds something to sneer at the PM about.

WightMivvi

Old-Salt

Oh, I agree. But what makes “Boris grrr” such a good deflection approach? It’s simple. We’ve had 4 years of every evil under the sun being blamed on Boris.

If you’re upset about “Boris grrr“ being used to shut down arguments and mock those who dislike him, maybe it’s time to encourage remainers / progressives / lefties / snowflakes etc. to not blame him for stuff that isn’t his fault?

Well quite a lot of trade deals have been agreed, don't you think?

It was "oven ready". It was also sh1t, and purely a device to push the election / Brexit forward.

Well, hyperbole aside, it's turned out to be rather effective.

Hyperbole to the first, and a cock up to the last.

Wait out on that one, the methodology varies vastly from country to country. But it may be true, if so look for the reasons why other than the simplistic "Boris Grrr".

SOME criticism of Johnson is valid. A lot on here is just white noise fuelled by angry remainers and Tory haters (not necessarily the same people).

I think @jagman2 said it best upthread. I'm not a Boris Fanboi, but he's the least worst alternative, and I think he's done about as good a job as anyone could have in the last year. And as I said previously, he does have the redeeming quality of upsetting all the right people.

Muhammad Saeed al Sahhaf is cringing.

Oh, I agree. But what makes “Boris grrr” such a good deflection approach? It’s simple. We’ve had 4 years of every evil under the sun being blamed on Boris.

If you’re upset about “Boris grrr“ being used to shut down arguments and mock those who dislike him, maybe it’s time to encourage remainers / progressives / lefties / snowflakes etc. to not blame him for stuff that isn’t his fault?
Nope

What Liam Fox, not Boris Johnson actually said:
“The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history. We are already beginning with zero tariffs, and we are already beginning at the point of maximal regulatory equivalence, as it is called. In other words, our rules and our laws are exactly the same. The only reason that we wouldn’t come to a free and open agreement is because politics gets in the way of economics,

He was right, wasn't he!

"Oven ready".

Fair do's with those three.
You cannot blame him for all of those deaths, there are plenty more mongtards responsible for that.

Latest Threads