Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
We're not ignoring either of you, we're commenting on your 100% negative output on the PM. The fact that "Boris Grrr" is juvenile and annoys you is purely a bonus.

I very much doubt you are right about the imminent departure of Boris, his whole career has been a repetition of him being written off and underestimated. He is the PM, a position he has coveted for decades, and the likelihood of him either being got rid of or swanning off on his own volition any time soon is IMHO vanishingly small. Anyone in power in the midst of the current crisis would be unpopular, add to that the divisive Brexit factor and the Marmite nature of Boris himself and it's no surprise he's lagging in the polls. He will recover.

I think the fact that the pair of you hate him so much blinds you to this.

The fact that one of them, a fully functioning adult male*, persists in the creche-level use of 'Bozo' supports that view.

*apparently

We're not ignoring either of you, we're commenting on your 100% negative output on the PM. The fact that "Boris Grrr" is juvenile and annoys you is purely a bonus.

I very much doubt you are right about the imminent departure of Boris, his whole career has been a repetition of him being written off and underestimated. He is the PM, a position he has coveted for decades, and the likelihood of him either being got rid of or swanning off on his own volition any time soon is IMHO vanishingly small. Anyone in power in the midst of the current crisis would be unpopular, add to that the divisive Brexit factor and the Marmite nature of Boris himself and it's no surprise he's lagging in the polls. He will recover.

I don’t hate him, I dislike his incompetence, his buffoonery, his bluster, his lack of morals and his self indulgent self interest.

He isn’t the person for the long term wellbeing of The Tories and the country. His party are slowly rebelling and apart from The Daily Express, I can’t find a paper that supports him.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I don’t hate him, I dislike his incompetence, his buffoonery, his bluster, his lack of morals and his self indulgent self interest.

He isn’t the person for the long term wellbeing of The Tories and the country. His party are slowly rebelling and apart from The Daily Express, I can’t find a paper that supports him.
Papers don't have any votes.

I'm fairly sure I'm not alone on this but I didn't vote for Boris because I consider him a fine upstanding beacon of morality. I voted for him in the hope/belief that he would get Brexit over the line. Thats all.

In the meantime Kung Flu has afflicited the world and actually I think he's don ok with it. Not great, but then nobody else has either. The UK is at the front of the vaccine line and thats down to Boris and HMG pushing hard on it.
He's spent big on the available vaccine options and kept much of the country afloat when they woud have been economically sunk

On top of that he's chucking abig pile of wonga at defence and begun hiring lots of Plod.

Boris isn't Jesus, but he'll do for me for the moment, I'll vote for him again.
He's a believer, he does what he thinks is right. I'm content with that.

I'm fairly sure I'm not alone on this but I didn't vote for Boris because I consider him a fine upstanding beacon of morality. I voted for him in the hope/belief that he would get Brexit over the line. Thats all.

In the meantime Kung Flu has afflicited the world and actually I think he's don ok with it. Not great, but then nobody else has either. The UK is at the front of the vaccine line and thats down to Boris and HMG pushing hard on it.
He's spent big on the available vaccine options and kept much of the country afloat when they woud have been economically sunk

On top of that he's chucking abig pile of wonga at defence and begun hiring lots of Plod.

Boris isn't Jesus, but he'll do for me for the moment, I'll vote for him again.
He's a believer, he does what he thinks is right. I'm content with that.

Im glad you have that confidence in him. I respect your opinion.

So when I was supporting him during the cummings farrago and impressed enough to comment, that is a species of hate ? to steal a line from a certain film, 'its not personal tom, its strictly business'.

Boris will not recover in the polling, because he won't have brexit anymore to fall back on. Over a year of being leader, I think we have a pretty good measure of the man and he believes in nothing and his wokeish interests will not motivate anyone on the right.

Summary:-
Politics is an unforgiving business and the ungrateful population voted out Churchill. So if your thinking the GBP will thank him for covid financial relief your kidding yourself. In reality, I expect the blame to be placed firmly at his parties door and delivered by the BBC and woke media he now seems to be trying to charm.

Which would also happen if they let covid run rampant and there was a massive increase in deaths and people ending up in intensive care, damned if they do and damned if they don't on this one.
Nobody said the job was easy and you either have to be strong in either direction, or weak in the middle and as such will be blamed by all sides.

Im glad you have that confidence in him. I respect your opinion.

Confidence is relative!

What I do have confidene in is that Boris genuinely reconises why people voted for him and will stick with it
Populism at its best.

In this world its all about voting for the least worst option and Boris currently comes closest to delivering what I would like
Its exactly why I voted UKIP until Boris rocked up with the promise of delivering Brexit

Confidence is relative!

What I do have confidene in is that Boris genuinely reconises why people voted for him and will stick with it
Populism at its best.

In this world its all about voting for the least worst option and Boris currently comes closest to delivering what I would like
Its exactly why I voted UKIP until Boris rocked up with the promise of delivering Brexit

I have always voted Tory, and probably always will. I didn’t necessarily vote for Bozo, I voted for the least worst party at the time.

I’m not turning against the party, just have no confidence in the leader and his performance.

I have always voted Tory, and probably always will. I didn’t necessarily vote for Bozo, I voted for the least worst party at the time.

I’m not turning against the party, just have no confidence in the leader and his performance.

Slightly different for me, I don't profess to have any party allegiance. I simply vote for the party that is currently most closely aligned with my views.
Personally I find Boris a big breath of fresh air after Theresa May and her skulduggery.

I may end up being proved wrong, but I think Boris will deliver the Brexit I want (or close to it) and I'll settle for that.
Otherwise, I expect politicians to lie to me and pursue their own interests first.

I have absolutely no confidence in any politician, I don't believe there is such a thing as an honest one.

As an asides, I genuinely deeply approve of the live animal export ban that has just been announced.
Another big plus for HMG as far as I am concerned.

As an asides, I genuinely deeply approve of the live animal export ban that has just been announced.
Another big plus for HMG as far as I am concerned.
I am expecting this to be just the start of changes which realign the UK back to our way of doing things.

I am expecting this to be just the start of changes which realign the UK back to our way of doing things.

I hope so. I genuinely see this one as a real positive move.

In light of this I do belive that there are some real positive changes possible. My industry (transport) his heavily regulated with much EU influence, some of it good, some of it really crap.

I hope so. I genuinely see this one as a real positive move.

In light of this I do belive that there are some real positive changes possible. My industry (transport) his heavily regulated with much EU influence, some of it good, some of it really crap.
So long as we don't throw out the baby with the bathwater there is undoubtedly a lot of water to pour away.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Ohhhhhhh yes you do!

Panto season is on.

Latest Threads