Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
One for the Boris Grrrr crew in conjunction with the EU fanboys

Wildlife, nature and the climate will benefit from the biggest shake-up in farming policy in England for 50 years, according to government plans.

The radical changes in agricultural policy are possible due to the UK leaving the EU, whose common agricultural policy is widely regarded as a disaster for nature and even critics of Brexit see the changes as positive.

Shocked to see such an article printed in the Graun.

True, the 'grey man' strategy has worked out well for him in the Labour leadership,some political wonks said he was the one to put your five bob on some time ago. The removal of the whip from Magic was a master stroke, he can rule the PLP at least with fear as a motivator also, his neutralization of of Ding Dong was a master stroke, give her a post, at the first trip 'off with her head'. However, the main danger for Sir K is from within, for BoJo perhaps he will make the classical mistake of staying in office too long?
You make an astute observation about Labour... To address that I watched a Labour insider on youtube last week and he more or less said, that KS had one aim at the moment and it was to connect with 'Hartlepool man' again and an alliance between the old working classes and the new graduate progressive left, if he can establish that link again, have no fear he will win the next election.

Boris has always had the appearance of a populist, as part of his working job, but its forced in my view and his more negative instincts lean more towards a Chateau General and I wouldn't be surprised that Downing Street Life and the bubble it creates changes him for the worse and 'staying in office too long' is a codephrase for 'out of touch'.

Daz

LE
shopkeeper never did his job then. still there's a surprise ;)
The good old days* when you could buy single fags and two matches from the chippy :)

* @Joker62 must of been a late starter, I was being served in the pubs from age 13......even when in space cadet uniform :)

Last edited:

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
The good old days* when you could buy single fags and two matches from the chippy :)

* @Joker62 must of been a late starter, I was being served in the pubs for age 13......even when in space cadet uniform :)

I was also a late starter in pubs at 15. The landlord would say 'I know your dad, so behave yourself' and then serve me a pint.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

* @Joker62 must of been a late starter, I was being served in the pubs for age 13......even when in space cadet uniform :)
But don't use the same pub as your Dad! ;)

I was also a late starter in pubs at 15. The landlord would say 'I know your dad, so behave yourself' and then serve me a pint.
Mother_mush took the view that it was better that I was in a pub under the watchful eye of the landlord, than hanging around on the streets

'Nuance'

Apparently.

You're not allowed to call people a "nuance" on ARRSE any more.

OK, Smokey Joes.

What the hell is this to do with the thread title?

Why not discuss the anti-social relevance of chewing gum on the pavement?
Increasing your font size as well as bolding gets your message across even better...you'll have to ask Stax why he's conflating an addiction with a transmissible disease for the sake of argument.

Last edited:
Increasing your font size as well as bolding gets your message across even better...you'll have to ask Stax why he's conflating an addiction with a transmissible disease for the sake of argument.
I've already explained, it shows the British public don't pay much attention to health officials.

Or a club man?
Maybe a jet black guy with a hip hi fi?
Sorry mate, he missed the Titanic by four months, but didn't miss the Easter rising. Not many jet blacks or Hifi's there. He was English . He also married a German when it was not fashionable to do so. He'd also been wounded at Alamain II. Clubbable well he was in the buffs and the the legion-didn't mind a drink, but no pub man. Mind Both my G Grandfather English (Norfolk lad he) and My German Grandad (Oldenburger) both ran Pubs/ Wirtshaften, they would have been of an ilk had they been able to meet. The former died in 1936, the latter in 1945.

Sorry mate, he missed the Titanic by four months, but didn't miss the Easter rising. Not many jet blacks or Hifi's there. He was English . He also married a German when it was not fashionable to do so. He'd also been wounded at Alamain II. Clubbable well he was in the buffs and the the legion-didn't mind a drink, but no pub man. Mind Both my G Grandfather English (Norfolk lad he) and My German Grandad (Oldenburger) both ran Pubs/ Wirtshaften, they would have been of an ilk had they been able to meet. The former died in 1936, the latter in 1945.
Ang would be furious...