Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
The decision: to impose a second lockdown and then the Tier debacle, which adversely hits the north. We have long memories up here and the party is finished.

On 2021; I would expect the Covid psychological stress, that is pretty much off the scale in the wider public will manifest itself into a 'someone to blame', with the public sector up in arms on 0% pay rises and private sector job losses will fuel the hate and its not hard to work out whose pedestal will be targeted(Boris).

The decision: to impose a second lockdown and then the Tier debacle, which adversely hits the north. We have long memories up here and the party is finished.

On 2021; I would expect the Covid psychological stress, that is pretty much off the scale in the wider public will manifest itself into a 'someone to blame', with the public sector up in arms on 0% pay rises and private sector job losses will fuel the hate and its not hard to work out whose pedestal will be targeted(Boris).

Unfortunately, however much we would wish otherwise (and as I've repeatedly said in my posts) the Government is juggling awful, diametrically conflicting imperatives not of its making.

All I think you can argue here is that Boris has been slow to switch between these imperatives, largely because each has the support of equally powerful lobby groups (and large segments of the public) who are viscerally opposed to any change in the other direction. Boris tries to please both for as long as he can, which imposes delay and is interpreted by partisans on either side as "dither".

Things are bad enough now, but he will shortly also have to deal with the BREXIT/Biden dilemma, again with sharply conflicting imperatives, each with powerful partisanship keen to punish any moves that do not accord with their interests.

What Boris does have on his side is a large majority and time - but, he must now work out how best to use them and that almost certainly means accepting that he can no longer be all things to all men....

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Unfortunately, however much we would wish otherwise (and as I've repeatedly said in my posts) the Government is juggling awful, diametrically conflicting imperatives not of its making.

All I think you can argue here is that Boris has been slow to switch between these imperatives, largely because each has the support of equally powerful lobby groups (and large segments of the public) who are viscerally opposed to any change in the other direction. Boris tries to please both for as long as he can, which imposes delay and is interpreted by partisans on either side as "dither".

Things are bad enough now, but he will shortly also have to deal with the BREXIT/Biden dilemma, again with sharply conflicting imperatives, each with powerful partisanship keen to punish any moves that do not accord with their interests.

What Boris does have on his side is a large majority and time - but, he must now work out how best to use them and that almost certainly means accepting that he can no longer be all things to all men....
The issue is not so much that BJ is trying to be all things to all men, which tbf he is, it is about the way anything he does is treated by the media. He is in a lose/lose situation as far as they are concerned and it matters little what he does, the media will be totally agin it.

Truxx

LE

You need to get out in "the North" more then. The reason the North has a stiffer regime is that we seem to have a higher proportion of ignorant numb skulls than elsewhere.

Well given the news of the Jewish Labour Party with Starmer trying somehow to stop the Corbyn damage- I suspect they both are. Besides they should be well used to Labour pay freezes as well. So there ya have it, one cancels the other out. What with Labour knowing the level of indebtedness, they want further money? Seems to me that Northern fundamental Labour won't vote for any linkage with Jewish labour.

Boris just didn't get how serious the virus is.

Remember him boasting about shaking hands with everyone, regardless?

The issue is not so much that BJ is trying to be all things to all men, which tbf he is, it is about the way anything he does is treated by the media. He is in a lose/lose situation as far as they are concerned and it matters little what he does, the media will be totally agin it.
As always, the possibly that he is simply woeful escapes you

You need to get out in "the North" more then. The reason the North has a stiffer regime is that we seem to have a higher proportion of ignorant numb skulls than elsewhere.
Mind you, I think the denizens of the top ends of the Rhondda Valleys would give them a good run for their money.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Like most people in the country at the time. There were people on here asking for advice on holidaying in Cornwall a day or so before the first lockdown.

Niamac

GCM
1606651423094.png

Just tell me who did? However the entire world has reacted like it’s the Black Death. Funnily China is now blaming India as the origin, exactly how close to Wuhan to India is I don’t know. But I suppose Boris is totally to blame for the World recession, after all Boris.........

Just tell me who did? However the entire world has reacted like it’s the Black Death. Funnily China is now blaming India as the origin, exactly how close to Wuhan to India is I don’t know. But I suppose Boris is totally to blame for the World recession, after all Boris.........
Whataboutery.

Finally were onto something and this largely explains my journey. Two weeks ago, I saw in the Cain/Cummings sackings a decision has been made by Boris about which side he is on and is quite clearly moving decisively back to the centre and that always means doing what the media want and offering second/third lockdowns, or the head of Cummings garner sympathetic press and why the remainer tory establishment in particular, appear to be shifting back to Boris (I wouldn't be surprised if Brotherton started offering some tacit support in the coming weeks).

His majority he has squandered and continues to squander, as, he is now as woke as labour.
Time is an interesting one. Because the longer he runs from the centre, the more space he creates for the Farage, or Laurence Fox vehicles to re-establish themselves and any smell of betrayal on brexit and his goose is well and truly cooked.

Latest Threads