Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
I think it’s reasonable that people who profited out of this matter, that has sent us into such a deep economic decline, should return some of their quickly earned wealth to assist the country.

Companies that return to profit and are successful, equally should return some of the taxpayers money that kept them afloat.

. . . and, if your pie-in-the-sky thinking fails, let me have SWAG as to who you'll blame . . . :rolleyes:

. . . and, if your pie-in-the-sky thinking fails, let me have SWAG as to who you'll blame . . . :rolleyes:

How would Government legislating for specific tax rises fail?
We live in a free market and capitalist society, many have done well and survived through this pandemic, due to taxpayer funded intervention, it’s not unrealistic to expect some of that intervention back over the next few years.

How would Government legislating for specific tax rises fail?
We live in a free market and capitalist society, many have done well and survived through this pandemic, due to taxpayer funded intervention, it’s not unrealistic to expect some of that intervention back over the next few years.
I couldn't agree more... The free market has delivered much wealth for itself and then inflicted first unlimited migration and now covid, both species of the free market of money/labour and both, most damaging for the poor.

The conservative party broke the red wall, thanks to brexit. But most of its new voters still despise the party and labour is not guaranteed them returning either, as people have long memories. I would expect the alternative parties can expect rising memberships and new votes to reflect the political change.

HCL

War Hero
Does anyone think that we will see a windfall tax for those who have become exceptionally wealthy as a result of the pandemic and a tax on those companies, that return to healthy profits after being kept afloat by taxpayers money?

Or is that unlikely?

C'mon, wets, you know only poor people pay tax. :)

Boris Johnson appoints new chief of staff after Cummings exit

This should send the Momentumites batsh1t crazy, specifically this bit :

Mr Rosenfield joins No 10 from Hakluyt, a strategic advisory firm.
He has also previously worked at Bank of America as a managing director and is chairman of the humanitarian agency World Jewish Relief.

I wonder if Boris is deliberately trolling them?

Less enthused by the endorsement from David Gauke though.......

I am poorer than colleagues that do the same job that live in England :-\\\\

But you do get to live in beautiful Scotland.

£60k to put my daughter through university for the next 3 years, I would happily pay a bit more income tax.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

£60k to put my daughter through university for the next 3 years, I would happily pay a bit more income tax.

Got the T-shirt. 3 recently finished uni. Two have a job, the youngest keeps emptying the fridge. Bless him!

He has also previously worked at Bank of America as a managing director and is chairman of the humanitarian agency World Jewish Relief.

They should be rabid by now!

Might be cheaper to study abroad if you’re stumping up that sort of cash up front. Recall some of the Flemish universities in Belgium charged even international students something like 600 euros a year.

Oyibo

LE
And you can pay mine and I get free university tuition fees for my daughter?
Sounds good.

They wouldn't be free - other people would be paying.

At least Jeremy was neither present nor involved....

So long as he's kept away from Brexit prior to 1st January. DC had a fanatics focus in getting over the line without giving much away. Rosenfield may concede more.