Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Kudos to Bozo for suggesting that MPs shouldn’t receive a pay rise in light of proposed pay freezes for public sector workers.

Let’s see if that is what happens.

Kudos to Bozo for suggesting that MPs shouldn’t receive a pay rise in light of proposed pay freezes for public sector workers.

Let’s see if that is what happens.

Johnson doesn’t have a say in MP salary levels but it it will be interesting to see if his and SKS’s suggestion is given anything greater than passing thought.

The BBC said:
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority - which sets their salaries - said in October that MPs could be entitled to a rise of more than £3,000.

It seems that he does have a say in the ministerial pay element though...
Days after the body [IPSA] set out its plan, No 10 confirmed government ministers would have their additional salaries frozen for the year ahead - a decision Downing Street is responsible for.

Johnson doesn’t have a say in MP salary levels but it it will be interesting to see if his and SKS’s suggestion is given anything greater than passing thought.

It seems that he does have a say in the ministerial pay element though...

That’s why I said suggestion, and let’s see if that is what happens.

I always find it odd, when my independent pay review body and others are merely advice for the government, but MPs always state that they have no say over theirs and are forced to accept it.

Let’s see some parity and have the government show that their isn’t separate standards.

Past fortnight and the heavily trailed cuts in foreign aid (very conservative).
The result - eh, a cut from 0.7 GDP to 0.5% of GDP and thats only for a year, with a promise, from Rishi that it will be back to 0.7% the year after.

Its about as conservative, as Boris marital vows.

Past fortnight and the heavily trailed cuts in foreign aid (very conservative).
The result - eh, a cut from 0.7 GDP to 0.5% of GDP and thats only for a year, with a promise, from Rishi that it will be back to 0.7% the year after.

Its about as conservative, as Boris marital vows.
download.jpg

Just wondering if this is all a big game plan by BoJo? Drive Cons policy to the left, when Sir KS does come up with any policy on anything some time, he will have been driven even further to the left and become un-electable, if said Sir KS tries to outbid BoJo to the right KS will have a Red Revolution within his own party?

Remember BoJo saw off Red Ken on Ken's home turf twice. However, the right in UK politics is now a wide open space, sooner or later someone will appear to claim it?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
A good start to save some money, £4billion saved. I’d have cut it all together till our national debt was actually wiped out.

For one year only and a promise to bump it back up.... My view. however is aligned with yours, though I would maybe accept a compromise of something like 0.2% targeted at only those countries friendly to the UK.

I watched much of the debate yesterday and one particular tory MP whose name escaped me really irritated with his pride at the aid budget and it was clear to me, he at a personal level was happy to spend other peoples money to make himself feel personally happy (breathtaking stuff).

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
For one year only and a promise to bump it back up.... My view. however is aligned with yours, though I would maybe accept a compromise of something like 0.2% targeted at only those countries friendly to the UK.

I watched much of the debate yesterday and one particular tory MP whose name escaped me really irritated with his pride at the aid budget and it was clear to me, he at a personal level was happy to spend other peoples money to make himself feel personally happy (breathtaking stuff).
I also see in that link that some woman I’ve never heard of has resigned from the government.
I suppose she got her five minute halfpenny worth of fame from such a selfless act.

Aye; you can always gauge the levels of a government that is going native, by the friendliness, or hostility of the media.... I've spotted ian dale and Yasmin Alibhai Brown the other day having nice things to say about Boris in the past week or so and that should be a red flag to people.

I watch the media as background noise, whilst working from home and its been illuminating the level of utter cack it pumps out and demands for conformity (see: BBC on Covid). One imagines Germany has an even more stifling of debate, with one answer to every problem(more europe) and the emphasis/intensity of the answer, is the only acceptable debate.
When the BBC ratings for some principal programmes is less that a Million one does wonder who they are trying to convince.

I also see in that link that some woman I’ve never heard of has resigned from the government.
I suppose she got her five minute halfpenny worth of fame from such a selfless act.

She has the unfortunately name of Shug* – stop twittering there at the back.

I think David Cameron may have been shugging her, when she worked for him in Downing Street – because he put the delicate flower into the House of Lords when she wasn’t even 40 (so she’s good for another 40 years of happy shugging at our expense).

*It might be Shugg.
But really, I couldn’t give a shug.

I think David Cameron may have been shugging her, when she worked for him in Downing Street – because he put the delicate flower into the House of Lords when she wasn’t even 40 (so she’s good for another 40 years of happy shugging at our expense).

*It might be Shugg.
Sugg

Selfless ! she was a Cameron loyalist who has wormed her way up the establishment and her resignation will likely lead to plenty of glittering opportunities on the 'made persons' circuit of quangos/boards etc etc

Does anyone think that we will see a windfall tax for those who have become exceptionally wealthy as a result of the pandemic and a tax on those companies, that return to healthy profits after being kept afloat by taxpayers money?

Or is that unlikely?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

*It might be Shugg.
Absolute Madness!

Latest Threads