Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
But absolutely no nitty-gritty!
As London Mayor he had staff who could do the nitty gritty and later in Downing Street, he had Cummings/Cain to do the same job..... The reason the job turns people native, is because they're gradually grow tired of the rough, demanding and frankly unsettling voices of the hoi polloi and replace them, with the soothing sounds of sychophants and the smooth civil servants.

Boris is one of those people who can be genuinally brilliant in flashes, but flashes come less and less once your in the top chair. As he is just a man, the wider story of the party is neglected and my onus is on the many good councillors who will be sacrificed for the mans vanity.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
As London Mayor he had staff who could do the nitty gritty and later in Downing Street, he had Cummings/Cain to do the same job..... The reason the job turns people native, is because they're gradually grow tired of the rough, demanding and frankly unsettling voices of the hoi polloi and replace them, with the soothing sounds of sychophants and the smooth civil servants.

Boris is one of those people who can be genuinally brilliant in flashes, but flashes come less and less once your in the top chair. As he is just a man, the wider story of the party is neglected and my onus is on the many good councillors who will be sacrificed for the mans vanity.
The comment was about PMTM not PMBJ!

We wouldn’t know, so that’s an irrelevant LOE. Bozo hasn’t adequately explained the donor.
Rather than bringing this back up, perhaps you should have a look back to the posts starting on 21 Aug when this was first raised.
Start from post #18388
Have a look at post #18484
But most importantly, have a look at post #18397 and see if you can comply. :p

Remember, Black Knights Matter too!
This one?

hq720.jpg

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I see your Black Knight and raise you:

1606216068483.png

Daz

LE
The comment was about PMTM not PMBJ!
PMTM worked a damn sight harder than PMBJ, to understand the problems. He may have flashes of brilliance, Alexander style to cut threw a Gordian Knot, or three. How much is his instinct when cornered and done without a great deal of thought. His political compass is, I remain convinced, will show itself to be miles off most of the membership of the party.

Foreign Aid will be the one to watch, as he is more than likely to do something shortly that will upset many, so its nice to have a right leaning policy floated to try and ameliorate the troops. Still unconvinced the 0.7% commitment will be formally dropped, or this is just an exercise in our GDP for 2020, will have pre-programmed cuts anyway.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
PMTM worked a damn sight harder than PMBJ, to understand the problems. He may have flashes of brilliance, Alexander style to cut threw a Gordian Knot, or three. How much is his instinct when cornered and done without a great deal of thought. His political compass is, I remain convinced, will show itself to be miles off most of the membership of the party.

Foreign Aid will be the one to watch, as he is more than likely to do something shortly that will upset many, so its nice to have a right leaning policy floated to try and ameliorate the troops. Still unconvinced the 0.7% commitment will be formally dropped, or this is just an exercise in our GDP for 2020, will have pre-programmed cuts anyway.
You sound very confused. I think you should go and lie down in a darkened room.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Not good, hence the only example is in the Tank Museum :)
Not so much, more designed for a role that no longer really existed and superceded by more adaptable designs (Centurion, Comet).

How's this for thread derailment?

Latest Threads