Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Direct action! "I have told you what to do now get the f**k out of my f**king office and get it done or I'll have your f**king balls you pontificating prick!!"
CLAP! Clear, Loud and with Pauses. Anyone in her family with a military background? :)

Obviously not yours, Clear, loud, as an order with pauses. Get it right, if you are going to use it as a punchline.

Direct action! "I have told you what to do now get the f**k out of my f**king office and get it done or I'll have your f**king balls you pontificating prick!!"
CLAP! Clear, Loud and with Pauses. Anyone in her family with a military background? :)

Or bullying as the report summary calls it.

Obviously not yours, Clear, loud, as an order with pauses. Get it right, if you are going to use it as a punchline.
You say potato and I'll say potato, you say tomato and I'll say tomato, let's call the whole thing off

Or bullying as the report summary calls it.
Bullying schmulling, I wonder if anyone who ever served in HM Forces would think that was anything other than a light request to get your shit in one sock. Goodness knows how a civil servant would respond to a full on bollocking.

You say potato and I'll say potato, you say tomato and I'll say tomato, let's call the whole thing off

I would imagine that orders might have been seen as a bit overbearing in The RAF, apologies for not considering that.

Truxx

LE
Still bollox.

Why replace a relatively efficient way of transmitting power to the road with a less efficient system whilst carrying a dead weight of batteries?

Put a relatively puny engine in a normal transmission car, add a CVT gearbox and gyroscope or even compressed air regeneration and Bob's your uncle. As it happens a company in India is about to market a compressed air engine.

Truxx

LE
Yeah I figured as much. Train?!! I couldn't afford that, have you seen the prices?
You are of course, spot on. The trouble is that if you really do the sums, cost of ownership of a car, including depreciation, the train option does not seem so bad. Your Merc is going to cost you about 300 a month to pcp. Same again for servicing, tyres, insurance, etc etc etc. So let's say £600 per calendar month. Every month. Plus a pcp is probably going to need a fat deposit. And don't get a scratch or dare to go over the 10000 miles a year current mileage standard...

You are of course, spot on. The trouble is that if you really do the sums, cost of ownership of a car, including depreciation, the train option does not seem so bad. Your Merc is going to cost you about 300 a month to pcp. Same again for servicing, tyres, insurance, etc etc etc. So let's say £600 per calendar month. Every month. Plus a pcp is probably going to need a fat deposit. And don't get a scratch or dare to go over the 10000 miles a year current mileage standard...
PCP? That's for poor people, I paid cash ;-)

You think so, I can't wait for teleportation, make all the transport systems redundant at a stroke.
If teleportation was on cards in the future, this site would be full of people stating that they won't be giving up their electric cars.

Even worse then as you take the full depreciation hit without a manufacturers optimistic residual value (to keep payments down to at or near the magic number...)
It was 5 months old, not buying new.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I bet she can swear like a trooper the potty mouthed little minx.

Now who is going to take the senior civil servants to task for breaking the civil service code?

Like that will ever happen for someone in the FDA.

I tackled my big brother (DHL) on it, thinking he would be rabidly anti. I was surprised by his very positive (see what I did there) attitude. Without such a declaration, he said, nothing will happen. As it is the manufacturers of cars and trucks have got a kick up the arrse. Add to that the idea that UK is a bit of a world leader in all of this and actually, things might actually go well.

I'm a bit of a luddite. I like internal combustion engines. Preferanly with lots of horsepower.

However, at work I have repsonsibilty for small depot running a dozen vans in to central London.
Even I am now having to actively explore the EV options. Whether I like the idea or not is irrelevant.

Truxx

LE
I'm a bit of a luddite. I like internal combustion engines. Preferanly with lots of horsepower.

However, at work I have repsonsibilty for small depot running a dozen vans in to central London.
Even I am now having to actively explore the EV options. Whether I like the idea or not is irrelevant.
His view too.

The introduction of things like LEZ have already had quite an impact. This is just the same. DHL have been dabbling with compressed natural gas for instance. Are there not some trials hydrogen fuel cell vehicles kicking about too? Interesting how the current debate centres around electric vehicles rather than "not petrol or diesel"

Lots of alternatives like this:

Latest Threads