Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
You seem rather misinformed. Johnson was merely doing what he was elected to do. It’s immaterial to most people whether he’s decent or not, his being PM is nothing to do with it. And what has emotion to do with intelligence In these matters. People knew what they voted for, if they didn’t it’s a matter for them. If you don’t like Boris do spare a thought for those who had to put up with Blair and Brown for 13 years. Oh I can also attest to witnessing the conversion of a Blairite supporter.
Misinformed?

I've expressed an opinion based on seeing numerous, notably vocal posters having slow motion online meltdowns.

Opinion.

Most of your post has nothing to do with what I said, by the way.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Of course the reality of it is that the Honourable Members, when presented with the scientific advice, and witnessing other national responses would have overwhelmingly, in my opinion, have reached the same conclusions as ministers and may even have concluded that the public should be subject toveven greater restrictions for much longer.

But let's not let real world considerations get in the way of open lawfare.
I'm not too sure it would have got through parliament.

The northern Tory MP's (in lock down) are showing increased irritation that no clear exit strategy is being enunciated. And the opposition would dearly love to combine with them to hand BoJo a symbolic defeat in the Commons.

In any event, if these measures would pass the Commons easily, why hasn't he done it? I suspect the whips might have advised him he's heading for a bloody nose. Plus, he would have been asked for the evidence for the 10 o'clock curfew and the 'rule of six' - which assorted members of SAGE have made clear doesn't exist.

Wordsmith

I wonder what Freud and Yung would make of that statement? Especially as you failed to give it's author any atributation.

Bit of a closet fan of Nietzsche, are you? Best not contribute to the Corbyn thread then else Godwin's Law might be thrown at you. FYI he's often misquoted by real gammonsters.... looks like you've outed yourself.

Try not to wear yourself out either over the layering of Freud and Yung, you might disprove your use of the quote, there's a good chap. Carry on ;)
Would you like some more straws to grasp at shadow sockie?

Freud was a dirty old man with a coke habit. No idea who the feck Yung is unless it's some spakker version of Jung but you're already proving to be the exception which proves the rule of my quote.

Thank you. I's a simple bloke and could never get the proper hang of Boxheadish.
It'll be all of that "Über Coca"

Misinformed?

I've expressed an opinion based on seeing numerous, notably vocal posters having slow motion online meltdowns.

Opinion.

Most of your post has nothing to do with what I said, by the way.
You’re generalising. That’s the problem. The problem for me is that not one of those posters criticising Johnson have come up with a viable alternative solution.

You’re generalising. That’s the problem. The problem for me is that not one of those posters criticising Johnson have come up with a viable alternative solution.
I have expressed an opinion and explained my rationale.

You seem to be trying to change the subject, which is the mindset of some posters.

You seem to be trying to change the subject, which is the mindset of some posters.
Type what you want and just slag Brown off at the end, you'll be fine

Not true. Where am I changing the subject. I certainly don’t want to do that but do try to be fair to the man. Labour are not exactly covering themselves with glory at the moment.

Truxx

LE

The northern Tory MP's (in lock down) are showing increased irritation that no clear exit strategy is being enunciated. And the opposition would dearly love to combine with them to hand BoJo a symbolic defeat in the Commons.

In any event, if these measures would pass the Commons easily, why hasn't he done it? I suspect the whips might have advised him he's heading for a bloody nose. Plus, he would have been asked for the evidence for the 10 o'clock curfew and the 'rule of six' - which assorted members of SAGE have made clear doesn't exist.

Wordsmith
The world right now looks a very different place to the world in apr/may.

There is not a snowballs chance in hell that any northern mp would have stuck his or her head above the parapet at that time.

Not true. Where am I changing the subject. I certainly don’t want to do that but do try to be fair to the man. Labour are not exactly covering themselves with glory at the moment.
I am talking about the mindset of posters, you are, for some reason, replying with comment about Johnson.

And then denying you're charging the subject.

Yay Friday!

Truxx

LE

Wordsmith
Oh and the "evidence" in terms of the sage output which clearly points to the efficacy of the measures currently adopted is in the public domain.

Only bone idleness on my part prevents me from finding the link.

Dunno about you lot but I'm rapidly concluding that Bojo is all puff and bluster and not much else.

Promised the earth and delivered fcuk all. If he had any b0ll0cks and was a tenth of the man Churchill was he'd be showing even a glimmer of leadership ability. There is clearly fcuk all there.

Emperors new clothes Boris. We can all see you've got no kit on mate.

Non of that matters to me.

As long as he bluff's and bluster's his way over the no deal Brexit line I'll be an extraordinarily happy man.
I as quite clear when I voted for Boris, all I desire of him is that Brexit gets over the line.

Don't make the mistake of having a pop at him over Coronavirus either, every politician on the planet is fooking that up at equal measures.

I voted for Boris for one singular purpose. If he achieves it I will be happy with that.

Don't make the mistake of having a pop at him over Coronavirus either, every politician on the planet is fooking that up at equal measures.

Utter rubbish.

ETA..
@anglo given ive shown stats proving its utter rubbish, why the dumb?

Because you don't like inconvenient facts, maybe?

Last edited:
If lockdown 1 had worked and we had developed an effective track and trace system and a vaccine in the time it brought, the Tories would have been lauded from the rooftops. Instead, they struck out on all three. Now, they're on the cusp of a failure of imagination/leadership that may cost them dear. They need to change course - and soon.

Wordsmith

Sorry, but there was no way a vaccine could have been produced in that time scale. Equally, whose to say the Lockdown didn't work?
The NHS was not overwhelmed, like it was in Italy. When it started some of the stories that were coming out of Italy were nasty. Medics having to walk away from causalities due to full hospitals, and having to conduct real Triage.
On track and trace. Again no country has had a successful up take, unless it has gone full surveillance state on its population (like South Korea). And there's no way our society would have accepted that.

Serious question. Bearing in mind the different sizes, geographical locations and densities of population, could you interpret that please to explain "utter rubbish"?

Edited to correct typo
The statement was that every politician is fckibg it up in equal measures.

This is patent bollocks, as the stats demonstrate.

The statement was that every politician is fckibg it up in equal measures.

This is patent bollocks, as the stats demonstrate.

With the greatest respect, you do not answer my question. Which was:

Serious question. Bearing in mind the different sizes, geographical locations and densities of population, could you interpret that please to explain "utter rubbish"?

How do the statistics justify your "utter rubbish" comment? Simply saying that "this is patent bollocks, as the stats demonstrate" seems a bit like "Yah, booh sucks, I'm right, he was wrong."