Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?


  • Total voters
    637
Still, no doubt Boris is keeping anything under wraps
Something he has form for.


 
BL is always my hero! He selflessly fights the good fight for the EU everyday, willingly shredding his reputation on here in the process. That takes genuine commitment and a profound sense of duty. :salut:

Or early onset dementia..
 

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Something he has form for.


Really?

The New European and the Indy? I mean, the New Statesman skit was funny, but this, this is a cry for help.

U OK hun?
 

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Meanwhile, away from Planet Covid. (My bold - Covid 19 is replacing other causes of death - not increasing it.)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2020/10/27/appears-no-exit-lockdown-restrictions/
On the face of it, the latest headline figures from the Office for National Statistics look alarming. They show a 50 per cent increase in Covid deaths over the seven days ending October 16, from 438 to 670, the sixth consecutive weekly rise. But this is not the whole picture. This represents only a small proportion of nearly 12,000 total deaths registered over the period.
Excess mortality, moreover, is roughly what is expected at this time of the year. The number of deaths in hospitals is below the five-year average while admissions to intensive care units are about the same as last year. Both deaths and hospital admissions are well down on what was seen in March and April.
The danger of Covid death is mainly with the elderly.
...the figures show the biggest increase in coronavirus deaths is for people aged 90 or above. Those aged 75 and over account for 75 per cent of Covid deaths.
Good odds you could let the bulk of the country go back to something like normality and spend the money saved from that to protect the truly vulnerable. For example:
  • Move the aged from multigeneration houses and put them into good quality care homes at government expense
  • Put extra staff into the care homes at government expense to repeatedly sanitise the care homes.
  • Put other staff into care homes charged with controlling visitors and sanitising or otherwise making safe deliveries.
  • Still further staff charged with helping them maintain communications with their families via Microsoft Teams + web cam. Their families to get a free Teams account and web cam.
  • Etc, etc.
I checked the statistics:
  • 75 - 79: 2.33%
  • 80 - 84: 1.72%
  • 85 - 89: 1.04%
  • Over 90: 0.61%
That's 5.7% of the population; a substantial percentage of which will already be in care homes, nursing homes and hospitals.

Surely we can devise a way to protect 5% of the population while letting the other 95% of get on with life and getting the economy functioning again. If we don't get the economy going again, we're in for big tax rises and a large dose of austerity.

Wordsmith
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Meanwhile, away from Planet Covid. (My bold - Covid 19 is replacing other causes of death - not increasing it.)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2020/10/27/appears-no-exit-lockdown-restrictions/


The danger of Covid death is mainly with the elderly.

Good odds you could let the bulk of the country go back to something like normality and spend the money saved from that to protect the truly vulnerable. For example:
  • Move the aged from multigeneration houses and put them into good quality care homes at government expense
  • Put extra staff into the care homes at government expense to repeatedly sanitise the care homes.
  • Put other staff into care homes charged with controlling visitors and sanitising or otherwise making safe deliveries.
  • Still further staff charged with helping them maintain communications with their families via Microsoft Teams + web cam. Their families to get a free Teams account and web cam.
  • Etc, etc.
I checked the statistics:
  • 75 - 79: 2.33%
  • 80 - 84: 1.72%
  • 85 - 89: 1.04%
  • Over 90: 0.61%
That's 5.7% of the population; a substantial percentage of which will already be in care homes, nursing homes and hospitals.

Surely we can devise a way to protect 5% of the population while letting the other 95% of get on with life and getting the economy functioning again. If we don't get the economy going again, we're in for big tax rises and a large dose of austerity.

Wordsmith
I think the idea is to ensure the 95% and 5% don't change places!
 
Meanwhile, away from Planet Covid. (My bold - Covid 19 is replacing other causes of death - not increasing it.)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2020/10/27/appears-no-exit-lockdown-restrictions/


The danger of Covid death is mainly with the elderly.

Good odds you could let the bulk of the country go back to something like normality and spend the money saved from that to protect the truly vulnerable. For example:
  • Move the aged from multigeneration houses and put them into good quality care homes at government expense
  • Put extra staff into the care homes at government expense to repeatedly sanitise the care homes.
  • Put other staff into care homes charged with controlling visitors and sanitising or otherwise making safe deliveries.
  • Still further staff charged with helping them maintain communications with their families via Microsoft Teams + web cam. Their families to get a free Teams account and web cam.
  • Etc, etc.
I checked the statistics:
  • 75 - 79: 2.33%
  • 80 - 84: 1.72%
  • 85 - 89: 1.04%
  • Over 90: 0.61%
That's 5.7% of the population; a substantial percentage of which will already be in care homes, nursing homes and hospitals.

Surely we can devise a way to protect 5% of the population while letting the other 95% of get on with life and getting the economy functioning again. If we don't get the economy going again, we're in for big tax rises and a large dose of austerity.

Wordsmith
How is this relevant to Boris the PM?
I wonder if there is a thread dedicated to CV19?
 

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I think the idea is to ensure the 95% and 5% don't change places!

The risk of death if you're 60 or below is tiny.


1603917905206.png


If you're under 65, you have a 1 in 200 chance of dying from Covid 19: probably less than that is you are very careful with social distancing or sanitisation.

The risk for the working age population is very small - and a significant percentage of those who have died had underlying health conditions.

Time for people to start looking at the statistics, rather than the hysteria in the MSM.

Wordsmith
 
And onto ignore you go for being putting up posts that are mind numbingly boring and predictable. Whinge away all you like - I won't have to read it any more.

Bye...
Fair enough.
You crack on posting off topic cut and paste stuff and running away when you've lost the argument. I'll leave my posts with you there for others to judge.
And keep those pronouncements coming to keep us all informed with your hyperbole (did you find out what it meant? I even put a link up to a dictionary as you were having trouble understanding.)
"Wordsmith?", good god man.
 
The risk of death if you're 60 or below is tiny.


View attachment 515943

If you're under 65, you have a 1 in 200 chance of dying from Covid 19: probably less than that is you are very careful with social distancing or sanitisation.

The risk for the working age population is very small - and a significant percentage of those who have died had underlying health conditions.

Time for people to start looking at the statistics, rather than the hysteria in the MSM.

Wordsmith
More off topic baloney. You're as bad a Higgsy.
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The risk of death if you're 60 or below is tiny.


View attachment 515943

If you're under 65, you have a 1 in 200 chance of dying from Covid 19: probably less than that is you are very careful with social distancing or sanitisation.

The risk for the working age population is very small - and a significant percentage of those who have died had underlying health conditions.

Time for people to start looking at the statistics, rather than the hysteria in the MSM.

Wordsmith
They must be really really hysterical in France and nearly as much in Germany right now.
 

Tool

LE
P
The risk of death if you're 60 or below is tiny.


View attachment 515943

If you're under 65, you have a 1 in 200 chance of dying from Covid 19: probably less than that is you are very careful with social distancing or sanitisation.

The risk for the working age population is very small - and a significant percentage of those who have died had underlying health conditions.

Time for people to start looking at the statistics, rather than the hysteria in the MSM.

Wordsmith
le
 

Tool

LE
Please supply the figures for long-term damage to "recipients" of COVID-19, and how that will feature in the economy in say, 5 and 10 years from now. Deaths is only one aspect of this disease.
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top