Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Nor, indeed, any that lend fresh insight to his alleg . . .sorry, 'comments', as you so generously put them.

Other than your swiftly Googled links which turn out to be nothing but rehash (and, in some cases, verbatim) reporting of the original mischief mak . . . my bad!

'Comments'. Of course.

Though I am grateful that you don't rely on Twitter for Current Affairs, unlike some.
You can't show any articles disproving / discounting his comment.

That does annoy you. doesn't it?

Don't forget to frequently tell us all how unbothered you are.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Judging from the replies I can read to @Bravo_Bravo 's (happily ignored) posts, I can only assume he's making a sprint for the SPOTY 2020 finishing line.

I hope this year's trophy includes a picture of a crying baby shouting #triggered.

And includes a pram from which our hero can launch his teddies....

Wordsmith

Judging from the replies I can read to @Bravo_Bravo 's (happily ignored) posts, I can only assume he's making a sprint for the SPOTY 2020 finishing line.

I hope this year's trophy includes a picture of a crying baby shouting #triggered.

Wordsmith
Weak.

And, given you can't see posts from anyone on your Ignore list, you're a liar, too.

You can't show any articles disproving / discounting his comment.

Other than the fact that the PM has not been told to attend the House and account for his actions?

I'm beginning to have an uneasy feeling that you can't differentiate between 'fact', 'comment' and 'malicious political gossip'.

That does annoy you. doesn't it?

Not as such, no: though it seems to make your cheeks flush hot . . .

Don't forget to frequently tell us all how unbothered you are.

I have? Cool - please show me the post where I've said that . . .

Tyk

LE

Wordsmith

It does look like he's making a serious attempt to retain the title, Bellend^2 was a worthy winner last year and despite some months of being quiet he's adopting a late dash tactic this year.

Weak.

And, given you can't see posts from anyone on your Ignore list, you're a liar, too.

As you know you can see that an ignored poster has posted so he's not lying, you on the other hand have a substantial history of deploying the pork pie artillery.

Ah, the good old "fake noos" defence when presented with items you can't rebut.
I think you deserved those two brain cells. You appear to have fallen for the current ethos HLS or would they be rather more in agreement with your thinking. The point is that one has to think for oneself. I've gone from the point of devils advocacy. The other side has no solutions, that is the problem, they appear to think because it's said it is. What I've consistently seen is that what they say means nothing.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
A report co-authored by one of the members of SAGE.

The ‘rule of six’ and 10pm curfew are likely to have had "zero effect" in reducing contacts, the first scientific study of the policies suggests. Researchers at the London School for Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) surveyed thousands of people to find out if they had met fewer people since the new rules were implemented.

A good illustration of how the government's current policies are becoming farcical and driven by the need of positive spin. It's long been known for example that there is no scientific evidence for the 10 o'clock curfew.

Hence the growing disquiet on the Tory back beaches' about how this is being handled.

Wordsmith

A report co-authored by one of the members of SAGE.

A good illustration of how the government's current policies are becoming farcical and driven by the need of positive spin. It's long been known for example that there is no scientific evidence for the 10 o'clock curfew.

Hence the growing disquiet on the Tory back beaches' about how this is being handled.

Wordsmith
Remarkably enough, the second spike seemed to hit round about the time that schools, colleges and uni’s went back. It’s almost like the government dare not close them again after them being closed for nearly half a year, and the education secretary still being in post despite looking like an abject, clueless incompetent. In fact a cynic might suggest that the pubs are being used as a smoke screen in a “Seen to be doing something“ type scenario, rather than admit the reality.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Remarkably enough, the second spike seemed to hit round about the time that schools, colleges and uni’s went back. It’s almost like the government dare not close them again after them being closed for nearly half a year, and the education secretary still being in post despite looking like an abject, clueless incompetent. In fact a cynic might suggest that the pubs are being used as a smoke screen in a “Seen to be doing something“ type scenario, rather than admit the reality.
TBF, I've not seen many (or any TBH) pubs I've been into throwing mass parties regardless of the Covid regs, yet Uni's seem to be party central and then they have the neck to whinge and whine about it.

TBF, I've not seen many (or any TBH) pubs I've been into throwing mass parties regardless of the Covid regs, yet Uni's seem to be party central and then they have the neck to whinge and whine about it.
I feel sorry for the pub owners. The vast majority have played the game and abided by rules and guidance from reopening and then got hit with even more restrictions, plus experiencing a general drop in customer footfall. Added to that you‘ve got the peripheral jobs that feed into the sector increasingly pressured.
I‘m also not for one minute suggesting education should close again, quite the opposite. As others have pointed out, current policy isn’t working and its looking increasingly like it may well come down to an admission that people are going to have to get back to normal irrespective of infection rates and hospital admissions.
It’s a national emergency the like of which we haven’t seen since the war, just like then there has to be an acceptance that not everyone is going to survive. A stark admission but there you go.
BBC are reporting today that up to 50 Tory MP’s are calling for a roadmap out of lockdown. They can see the obvious long term economic train wreck developing and the lack of context which some “experts” and certain politicians have with Covid.
I’m just glad that gallant sir kneelalot isn’t running the show. Recent events in Wales and Scotland have shown that when left leaning politicians are given power (I include the SNP in that generalisation also despite their penchant for authoritarian diktats) things are even worse.

I’m just glad that gallant sir kneelalot isn’t running the show
No, he seems to be content knocking cyclists over. I don’t know if it’s just me but I suspect the Backbenchers are in panic mode and they’ve peaked too early. I agree with the sentiment that we’ll have to accept the possibility of reinfection, the problem seems to be a failure of experts. Now it was mooted on GMB that Trump has known all along how to deal with this but has ignored it. In which case that information would have been generically available- which seems nonsensical unless miraculous China is the only one that has complied.

I feel sorry for the pub owners. The vast majority have played the game and abided by rules and guidance from reopening and then got hit with even more restrictions, plus experiencing a general drop in customer footfall. Added to that you‘ve got the peripheral jobs that feed into the sector increasingly pressured.
I‘m also not for one minute suggesting education should close again, quite the opposite. As others have pointed out, current policy isn’t working and its looking increasingly like it may well come down to an admission that people are going to have to get back to normal irrespective of infection rates and hospital admissions.
It’s a national emergency the like of which we haven’t seen since the war, just like then there has to be an acceptance that not everyone is going to survive. A stark admission but there you go.
BBC are reporting today that up to 50 Tory MP’s are calling for a roadmap out of lockdown. They can see the obvious long term economic train wreck developing and the lack of context which some “experts” and certain politicians have with Covid.
I’m just glad that gallant sir kneelalot isn’t running the show. Recent events in Wales and Scotland have shown that when left leaning politicians are given power (I include the SNP in that generalisation also despite their penchant for authoritarian diktats) things are even worse.

I am doing my best to support the local publicans.
Going more than I normally would, especially to the one that serves decent food.
I take the Times into the other one for a lunchtime pint, just to make a gesture.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I am doing my best to support the local publicans.
Going more than I normally would, especially to the one that serves decent food.
I take the Times into the other one for a lunchtime pint, just to make a gesture.
And I for one salute your sacrifice......

Nor, indeed, any that lend fresh insight to his alleg . . .sorry, 'comments', as you so generously put them.

Other than your swiftly Googled links which turn out to be nothing but rehash (and, in some cases, verbatim) reporting of the original mischief mak . . . my bad!

'Comments'. Of course.

Though I am grateful that you don't rely on Twitter for Current Affairs, unlike some.
Why on earth would anyone want to use an informed source when they can talk bollocks instead?

Before the pandemic, TfL had cash reserves of £2.2bn, well above the two months’ operating costs amounting to £1.2bn that it is legally required to hold.

TfL says that they receive 40% less funding than they did in 2010/11 (when Johnson was Mayor). A reduction of about £1.4bn a year. Nonetheless (before covid) TfL had cut the operating deficit by around £1bn on a like for like basis compared to 2015/16

The deficit for TfL had improved for five years in a row going into the crisis. Reserves had also increased in recent years (though obviously so did debt, given continued though shrinking deficit)

You could always try a very large font reply or failing that, mlaaaaar about twitter.

Too busy running over cyclists in Kentish Town to be worrying about what’s going on in real life...

Sir Keir Starmer involved in road collision with cyclist
A still from his dashcam.
09-58-46-9k=.jpg