Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Absolutely.

Khan has a record of telling porkies repeatedly, all those denials of knowing about the delays to Crossrail for instance. The fact that you have listed the same denial and accusation from Khan from seven different media outlets doesn't mean he's telling the truth, it just means he's consistent in his lies. Certainly he was found to be lying his arse off about Crossrail last year, loudly and often.
Can you show any articles showing Khan is lying about this?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
"He's going to be on the end of some heavy Commons defeats in the next month or two."
I doubt it. Its just Baker bumping his gums in another MSM would could may article.
Nothing to see here, move along.

There have been too many stories over the last couple of months of discontented Tory MP's for this to be Baker bumping his guns.

Another few months of lockdown and the economy will be royally fornicated. The Tory party can't win the next GE against a background of big tax rises and a large dose of austerity. If nothing else, the revolt will come because many Tory MP's fear losing their seats.

Wordsmith

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Can you show any articles showing Khan is lying about this?
Can you show any evidence that Boris is lying about this? As opposed to Khan showboating at his own meeting?

Having looked at a couple of @Bravo_Bravo 's links on the Khant, all that is said is that the Mayor has accused the PM of lying. There's no proof. There's a splatter of stats which at first glance look rather overly positive (to say the least), but that's all.
Journalist agreeing...

This may be of interest to you.

. . . but I doubt it:

. . . an allegation that you have instantly judged and found him guilty.

Grrrr.
Have I?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Journalist agreeing...

THE FCUKING NEW STATESMAN?

Aahahahahahaha, ahaaaaaahahahahahahaha, etc.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Knew you'd bite.

ha ha.

Anyway.

Found any articles disproving Khan's comments yet?
That was a bite? I just thought you were doing a stand-up (DYSWIDT?) job of providing amusing links. Good job.

No I haven't found any articles, but then I'm not looking for any on the basis that Khan is a proven liar as Mayor, and this appears to me to be patently teddy-out-of-the-pram histrionics, and not worth my time.

So no comment as to the actual content, just that you don't like this particular source...
Frankly no source in the U.K. itself should be taken at face value. I get most of my info from Euro news. It has a habit of not carrying much anti EUrope news, which forces them to look overseas, whilst the BBC and ITN perennially navel gazing, C4 is beyond redemption. Now given the current “woke” London/ Manchester/Edinborough centric MinorityBLM Remainer ABE Boris grr mentality Are you surprised?

I see that you and Bias Confirmation have already met?

Jolly good - I'm sure that you'll become fast friends . . .
You must be quite cross that there aren't any articles disproving Khan's comments.

That big river in Africa, eh?

BB Grr strikes yet again

That was a bite? I just thought you were doing a stand-up (DYSWIDT?) job of providing amusing links. Good job.

No I haven't found any articles, but then I'm not looking for any on the basis that Khan is a proven liar as Mayor, and this appears to me to be patently teddy-out-of-the-pram histrionics, and not worth my time.
Of course..

You could show the links, but you're too important. Busy. Not worried about comment you don't like. Or something.

As long as you're not biting, though...

Frankly no source in the U.K. itself should be taken at face value. I get most of my info from Euro news. It has a habit of not carrying much anti EUrope news, which forces them to look overseas, whilst the BBC and ITN perennially navel gazing, C4 is beyond redemption. Now given the current “woke” London/ Manchester/Edinborough centric MinorityBLM Remainer ABE Boris grr mentality Are you surprised?
Ah, the good old "fake noos" defence when presented with items you can't rebut.

You must be quite cross that there aren't any articles disproving Khan's comments. . .

Nor, indeed, any that lend fresh insight to his alleg . . .sorry, 'comments', as you so generously put them.

Other than your swiftly Googled links which turn out to be nothing but rehash (and, in some cases, verbatim) reporting of the original mischief mak . . . my bad!

'Comments'. Of course.

Though I am grateful that you don't rely on Twitter for Current Affairs, unlike some.

Nor, indeed, any that lend fresh insight to his alleg . . .sorry, 'comments', as you so generously put them.

Other than your swiftly Googled links which turn out to be nothing but rehash (and, in some cases, verbatim) reporting of the original mischief mak . . . my bad!

'Comments'. Of course.

Though I am grateful that you don't rely on Twitter for Current Affairs, unlike some.
You can't show any articles disproving / discounting his comment.

That does annoy you. doesn't it?

Don't forget to frequently tell us all how unbothered you are.

Latest Threads