Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Were these earners not the class Comrade McD was going to take to the cleaners as 'Class Enemies ?
Yes, but McD is a class hero and therefore entitled to the fruits of the workers toil - as a fitting reward for the hours, the hours I tell you, that he puts into defending them.

Yes, but McD is a class hero and therefore entitled to the fruits of the workers toil - as a fitting reward for the hours, the hours I tell you, that he puts into defending them.
Yes, I see, the scales have fallen from my petit bourgeois eyes. McD, Magic and Burnham et al are true horney handed son's and daughter's of toil who are entitled to what they have liberated from their toff exploiters.

A bit like “World Beating” and “Oven Ready”.
1603285726379.png

I am having a grand old time baiting facebook useful idiots who have gone into full on rant mode in support of Burham.

None of them have yet to tell me what the 65 million would be for in that business support is already available for businesses obliged to close Job Support Scheme expanded to firms required to close due to Covid Restrictions

As yet I have not received an answer. Unless " more Tory scum" is in fact, an answer.
Covid: Greater Manchester given £60m support package - BBC News

Keir Starmer criticised Mr Johnson for not being able to "find" £5m, adding "stop bargaining with people's lives".

But Mr Johnson said he was "very proud that this government has already given Greater Manchester £1.1bn in support for business, £200m in extra un-ringfenced funding, £50m to tackle infections in care homes, £20m for test and trace, another £22m for local response that we announced yesterday".

Begs the question...where has it all gone if Burnham could make do with £65 million as the bare minimum to "See GM through the Winter" ?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Covid: Greater Manchester given £60m support package - BBC News

Keir Starmer criticised Mr Johnson for not being able to "find" £5m, adding "stop bargaining with people's lives".

But Mr Johnson said he was "very proud that this government has already given Greater Manchester £1.1bn in support for business, £200m in extra un-ringfenced funding, £50m to tackle infections in care homes, £20m for test and trace, another £22m for local response that we announced yesterday".

Begs the question...where has it all gone if Burnham could make do with £65 million as the bare minimum to "See GM through the Winter" ?
All Boris needs to do is set a £s per head tariff and then multiply by bodies per region. Starmer should just STFU as cities should be grateful for what they are recieving, it shouldn't be down to cities saying "I want more" and getting the strop when they don't get it, there are other parts of the country that will need cash soon enough and what's Boris supposed to say? "Sorry, Manchester/Liverpool/Nottingham had it all". I'm quite surprised that Liverpool, going on past records, aren't top of the whinging chart. Remember, Khan has yet to layout how much he wants for London yet and you can bet your bottom dollar, the whining from Burnham will be nothing compared to Khan when he gets told to do one!

All Boris needs to do is set a £s per head tariff and then multiply by bodies per region. Starmer should just STFU as cities should be grateful for what they are recieving, it shouldn't be down to cities saying "I want more" and getting the strop when they don't get it, there are other parts of the country that will need cash soon enough and what's Boris supposed to say? "Sorry, Manchester/Liverpool/Nottingham had it all". I'm quite surprised that Liverpool, going on past records, aren't top of the whinging chart. Remember, Khan has yet to layout how much he wants for London yet and you can bet your bottom dollar, the whining from Burnham will be nothing compared to Khan when he gets told to do one!
There was a figure quoted in PMQ's of several Bn's to get TfL out of the sh!t

Truxx

LE
There already is an algorithm for doing exactly that.

Not good enough for Burnham though. The folks of Manchester need more apparently

After all he needs something to persuade them to vote for him next time

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
There was a figure quoted in PMQ's of several Bn's to get TfL out of the sh!t
Duty rumour around certain Capital based subterranean transportation offices is that TfL may be removed from Mayoral interference responsibility and placed under Department for Transport stewardship, whether this is as part of a Covid funding deal, or just a general wish to be done with the bus driver's son is a debatable point.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
To be fair, TfL is deep in the financial doodoo, the only (normally) profitable arm (London Underground) is abiding by the Govt directives, meaning that they are running at (peak time max) 40% capacity, but all stations and the vast majority of services are still staffed and in place. There's a huge black hole in funding, the city needs LU especially to function, and there's no money. Khant will probably leap at the chance to get out from under

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Duty rumour around certain Capital based subterranean transportation offices is that TfL may be removed from Mayoral interference responsibility and placed under Department for Transport stewardship, whether this is as part of a Covid funding deal, or just a general wish to be done with the bus driver's son is a debatable point.
Don't be surprised to see a lot more taken away. There is a Deputy Mayor for every single Dept at City Hall. My ex local MP, Heidi Alexander is Dep Mayor for Transport, on around £110,000pa as opposed to her MPs pay of £81,000, but apparently "it was an honour to be chosen" (my fekkin arrse), the wage bill must be astronomical. Housing will be next after TfL.

One little snippet of interest is the Eye is berating Jonno for not having proceeded with Customs planning. Neatly forgetting that if Blair hadn't cancelled us- we'd still have one.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
To be fair, TfL is deep in the financial doodoo, the only (normally) profitable arm (London Underground) is abiding by the Govt directives, meaning that they are running at (peak time max) 40% capacity, but all stations and the vast majority of services are still staffed and in place. There's a huge black hole in funding, the city needs LU especially to function, and there's no money. Khant will probably leap at the chance to get out from under
TfL is in a rut because Khan stated that he wouldn't increase fares during his tenure and tbf, he hasn't, but it has left TfL with a massive shortage of cash. Kids bus fares need to be reintroduced, there's too many of the little fat ******* getting on for just 2 stops (normally around 300-400yds), munching away on chips/fried chicken,/Maccy Ds when they could be getting the exercise needed. Bring back the "live more than 2/3 miles away from school" policy to get a free bus pass.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't be surprised to see a lot more taken away. There is a Deputy Mayor for every single Dept at City Hall. My ex local MP, Heidi Alexander is Dep Mayor for Transport, on around £110,000pa as opposed to her MPs pay of £81,000, but apparently "it was an honour to be chosen" (my fekkin arrse), the wage bill must be astronomical. Housing will be next after TfL.
Are these Deputy Mayors elected? Recruited on the open market? Or appointed by the Mayor?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Are these Deputy Mayors elected? Recruited on the open market? Or appointed by the Mayor?
Appointed by the Mayor from his list of Chosen Ones, here's the list of present favourites:-
Seems I was mistaken earlier, good old faithful Heidi is on £132,000+ as are most of the Mayoral team.

Latest Threads